10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

I think if someone where to look at the Lego Maersk Ship, they would think "that`s cool/impressive/whatever other adjective" on it`s own. It`s not really an item that you would think "oh, I wonder if Lego makes a Maersk Ship." Your regular Joe is going to think "I`d like a Lego ship for me/someone else, let`s see what they have."  My point I guess is that, while the movie looks good, it is unlikely to really boost sales of the set. It would work more like this I think if someone were to see the Lego set. "Hey, that`s the one from Tom`s Hank`s movie right?" not while watching the movie thinking "Hey, that`s the real life rendition of the Lego set right?" You`ll be drawn more to the movie from the set, not to the set from seeing the movie. Something like that  xD

Looks like a good flick. Tom Hanks is my all time favorite so it's a must see for me. That man can carry a movie plot on his back alone like no other actor.

I don't think it will make people buy the legos any more. But I guess there may be a few people who make the connection with the brand and might pick up a future Maersk set that they might not have noticed without that brand recognition.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idunno101

I love it.  I would love to see a whole theme of different ship types.  The Titanic would be awesome.

I've been waiting for Lego to make the Titanic for so long. I hope it finally becomes a set.

Guest eightbrick

Beautiful! I was hoping it wouldn't be another re-release, and my wish has been granted. Now if only my wish to mysteriously happen upon 179.99 CDN dollars came true... ;)