10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

The amount of pieces needed in each set surely would have made it worth while to print them.

Indeed. I would not like putting all those stickers on the set, I would prefer for them to be printed. There are so many stickers, that it would be worthwhile for TLG to have printed most of the bricks.

In-freaking-credible. Hate the stickers but love the design! Although now I'm confused. He said it has a lot of parts in medium azure blue, I thought they had a color specific to the Maersk line called "Maersk Blue". If you look it up on BrickLink, it's there. So I would guess they discontinued that color? :scratchhead:

I love it.  I would love to see a whole theme of different ship types.  The Titantic would be awesome.

Titantic, you say. Too bad Lego won't do it cause Cobi already did.

gallery_2081_28_80245.jpg

That's probably the only good build to come out of that knockoff brand's doors.

I can think of 67 models I'd rather Lego released before another maersk freighter... But it's pretty cool. For a big ship full of gray boxes...

If you do not mind, can we hear what you would prefer for TLG to make before another maersk freighter? There are a lot of things I would prefer too. TLG has made a lot those freighters and I really do not one to see another yet.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was sooooooo excited yesterday - and still am - about this beast.

Yes, it has been posted before but in all fairness, it truly is a beast build. ;)

One word that comes to mind when watching the video is... STICKERS

I think there is about 128+ stickers for the thing. :wacko:

Jeeze louis.... I'd get tired after four. :lol:

While this ship isn't really my cup of tea, I will get 1 or 2 because the Maersk line does well.  The stickers are ridiculous, just stupid.  I realize that they are cheaper than printing, but when you have dozens per set, surely the shear amount they would print would bring the cost down for that.  They will need to produce so many extra sticker sheets because everybody will screw them up and need another one. 

I was killing some time browsing through Lego's LEGO Shop at Home and found this new set due January 2014.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Maersk-Line-Triple-E-10241

What are your impressions on this set?  do you think it will be a winner as an investment?

I think is the coolest maersk ship to date, and the price seems about right... what do you guys think?

I was killing some time browsing through Lego's LEGO Shop at Home and found this new set due January 2014.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Maersk-Line-Triple-E-10241

What are your impressions on this set?  do you think it will be a winner as an investment?

I think is the coolest maersk ship to date, and the price seems about right... what do you guys think?

There is already a topic about the set. Here is a link.