10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

I had not seen this set in a lego store since it first came out either until yesterday.  Found a store with 3 on the shelf.  I bought 2 of them.  Has anyone else seen these in the wild anywhere lately?  The seal codes are 01R4 and 09R4 so I"m assuming these have been sitting on the shelves there for quite awhile.  Definitely think this set is a winner as it isn't an easy one to stockpile.

as mentioned earlier, these are rare in the wild and the codes you got are very early production ... i guess it isnt moving in your area ... but like you said, this is one to hold on to for the future ...

I have two of these.

They were both purchased at Legoland of CA in August 2014, who (as most already know) is independently owned and operated outside of TLG. The manager claims the five he received were the first he had seen in at least six months. In 50+ visits to Lego stores in Southern California over the last year I have never once- other than at Legoland- seen this unit on a single shelf.

It is risky to hold out till next Oct for double VIP. Not a bad time to order a couple to play it safe.

For some reasons, I keeping thinking that the Maersk container ship is totally different from Maersk train.

The train looks much more interesting, and the market for trains is much bigger.

But I'm familiar with neither , so I can be totally wrong here.

You should go online and do a search. This ship is mindblowingly fantastic.

I have two of these.

They were both purchased at Legoland of CA in August 2014, who (as most already know) is independently owned and operated outside of TLG. The manager claims the five he received were the first he had seen in at least six months. In 50+ visits to Lego stores in Southern California over the last year I have never once- other than at Legoland- seen this unit on a single shelf.

It is risky to hold out till next Oct for double VIP. Not a bad time to order a couple to play it safe.

I can pretty much confirm this.  August 2014 is the first time that they've had these in stock at LL CA.  They received more than 5 (I know, because I saw more than 5 on the shelf the day that I saw them).  They were gone quickly, though.  A contact that I have at LL confirmed that this was the first time they had them in stock this year.

Only concern I have for this set, or a value-stealing future iteration of it, is the business relationship between TLG and Maersk shipping. This ships existence is an extraordinary goodwill gesture to their shipper, and the set itself an outstanding "corporate gift" for managers/execs. That alone may hurt this one from going away anytime soon, while also explaining its scarcity through standard retail channels.

Merely speculation, of course.

Thanks guys.

Even if this is no proof. I will hoard this set. Cause in case it will have only a short life and it has not been sold by retailers, this set will become a definite winner. And I want to have a seat on the front row when that happens.

how come you hoarding if its avail only in LEGO Shop at Home online....are you talking about limit of 2 hoarding or 10+.....and ban hammer.

The train did not last, the last ship did not last, this will not last. Lego would not admit a mistake and reissue this with printed rather than stickers. A fork is stuck in this set, it just needs a carving knife. I am loading up on 10/1.

You are treading on a tight rope. I ordered one today and will see if I get lucky on 10/1 for another one. This set will be bombarded on 10/1 and people will feel the wrath of the HH cancellations on this set.

Guest TabbyBoy

This is one set that may break my "No more buying in 2014 rule". I'd rather have stickers then the containers can be used for non-Maersk, eg: Hanjin, Hyundai, etc.

This is one set that may break my "No more buying in 2014 rule". I'd rather have stickers then the containers can be used for non-Maersk, eg: Hanjin, Hyundai, etc.

The cool thing about the containers is that you can go on eBay and order stickers from other cargo sets and slap them onto these. Or the other option is to look for tamiya stickers of shell, Exxon, gulf, BP and other cool freighter stickers.

Tamiya has the perfect selection of stickers for the triple E. If the mods allow me to post up pictures, I will gladly post up my triple E with stickers taken from Tamiya and you'll see how nicely decorated this freighter is. I already ordered the stickers and a triple E. will begin work on this next month.