What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Built the latest version of the ice cream truck recently.  I like the build, especially the giant ice cream bar on the roof, though I do wonder if the ice cream cost $1 or $100 based on the Green Tile 1 x 2 with Groove with 100 Dollar Bill Money Pattern.  Logically it is the latter.  It must be awesome ice cream for $100!

IMG_20210226_093633465.jpg.51eb4c206d7229b5e11f7e92441e19e7.jpg

One comment, avoid the temptation to put the Ice Cream Vendor minifigure on the Dark Bluish Gray Tile 1 x 4 like I did at first immediately behind the serving window so it falls down easily.  It goes on the studs two rows behind that window.  D’oh!

Comparing it to the pizza van, the ice cream truck is much easier to put the minifigure inside the interior due to easier access with the rear window opening being on a side hinge with a wider opening vs. the up/down hinge system on the pizza van and more crowded interior/inherent space constraints.  There is always taking off the roof option though I guess for minifigure placement.  

IMG_20210226_094218440.jpg.7ab7a52c66bf2c062d468a5fa1d8272f.jpg 

Final thought, they are both loaded with multiple play features and fit quite well within any city layout.

IMG_20210226_093825536.jpg.bc20bc16b22a7f812cb74d8740fa57f5.jpg

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Best castle series ever.

I really liked the vikings line as well, I still remember back in 2017 I managed to buy a lot with all the vikings sets and most of the Minifigs for 100 bucks. Too bad lego doesn't do these fantasy themes anymore. I'm hoping the new creator castle will turn out well! 

1 hour ago, coelian said:

I really liked the vikings line as well, I still remember back in 2017 I managed to buy a lot with all the vikings sets and most of the Minifigs for 100 bucks. Too bad lego doesn't do these fantasy themes anymore. I'm hoping the new creator castle will turn out well! 

I was still in my Dark Ages during the Viking Age.  I came out right when Fantasy Castle came out.

10 hours ago, gmpirate said:

I was still in my Dark Ages during the Viking Age.  I came out right when Fantasy Castle came out.

Guess what, I never had a Dark Age since I never played with lego as a kid. I started with my child about 6 years ago, that means I'm in a perma Golden Age since I'm at a point where I have enough disposable income to buy any set I want and to chase after themes I'm interested in such as the medieval ones.  😛

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coelian said:

Guess what, I never had a Dark Age since I never played with lego as a kid. I started with my child about 6 years ago, that means I'm in a perma Golden Age since I'm at a point where I have enough disposable income to buy any set I want and to chase after themes I'm interested in such as the medieval ones.  😛

Well, the problem for now is I have the means, but not the time 🤪

• Like 1