What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

10 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Went to start my MBS Cantina/Tatooine build and found these from an old Walmart clearance sale. Was planning on displaying a bunch of sets including the UCS Sandcrawler but checked the price prior to opening. Decisions decisions. 

B5415A29-D49A-4939-846A-C8DAB69BB8C6.jpeg

Jeez! I've gotta start keeping an eye on baseplates now. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Went to start my MBS Cantina/Tatooine build and found these from an old Walmart clearance sale. Was planning on displaying a bunch of sets including the UCS Sandcrawler but checked the price prior to opening. Decisions decisions. 

Timely information. I purchased a few of these from the same sale. I'm in the process of putting together a Lego table for the kids. I dont have exactly enough to cover the table as is though. However, selling these would probably pay for what I need to complete the table. 

I had about 80 of these from a Walmart clearance a couple years ago.  They've been very good to me.  And yes, it's a tough decision, but I figure, I can always buy more baseplates with the proceeds.

I guess it depends on how you use baseplates, tho.  If you're using it just as a plate, and you *need* sand color for a Star Wars display, then maybe you can't.  I use MILS system so my baseplate color can be anything.

• Like 1

Though not as impressive as those Cantinas, keeping with the star wars theme. I pulled all these from a bulk lot. Have a buyer lined up. Its been fun building these while my wife and I have finished epI&II and on season 2 of clone wars on our goal of watching the entire star wars universe in chronological order as we wait for Book of Boba and Mando3.  Would have been an epic find if the Gungan sub had all the minifigs. Also, no mando with the ATST, GO FIGURE!  Still an awesome bulk find.

-7131 Annakins Podracer -7141 Naboo Fighter -9499 Gungan Sub -75079 Shadow Troopers -75130 AT-DP Microfighter -75186 Darth Vader Transformation -75235 X-Wing Starfighter Trench Run -75254 AT-ST Raider

172A69C2-286A-414A-807A-BB25E60CFCD9.thumb.jpeg.911bc2d7ad3eebcca91149a49cea1873.jpeg

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

New bulk, picked this up for $30 on fbm. Had to do some light cleaning and only a few missing pieces nothing critical. MTron sets were very nostalgic. The Unitron sets will most likely go in the personal collection.

Nice haul there. I always adored the color scheme LEGO picked for the Unitron squad. I never did figure out what was their general goal or build focus though. I mean Blacktron were the space pirates, M-Tron had magnets, Exploriens searched for extra-terrestrial life, Spyrius were ....shifty, but Unitron? I have no idea other than looking sleek.

4 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Nice haul there. I always adored the color scheme LEGO picked for the Unitron squad. I never did figure out what was their general goal or build focus though. I mean Blacktron were the space pirates, M-Tron had magnets, Exploriens searched for extra-terrestrial life, Spyrius were ....shifty, but Unitron? I have no idea other than looking sleek.

I agree, the color scheme is pretty sweet, big fan of the blue, black, trans bright green haha. Makes sense why I also enjoyed Insectoids.  Your comment about Unitrons purpose made me do a bit of research. Here's what brickmedia reports,

image.png.fde6d4236467e365b3dd2eb12f72b5c3.png

And a precursor to Futuron as well. 

I enjoyed this added background comment,

image.png.bc02cef1ea022e4d9d41ea9509b2967c.png

Shifty Spyrians for sure.  The Unitron base is clearly defensive in function. 

Edited by BricksBrotha
typos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

I agree, the color scheme is pretty sweet, big fan of the blue, black, trans bright green haha. Makes sense why I also enjoyed Insectoids.  Your comment about Unitrons purpose made me do a bit of research. Here's what brickmedia reports,

image.png.fde6d4236467e365b3dd2eb12f72b5c3.png

And a precursor to Futuron as well. 

I enjoyed this added background comment,

image.png.bc02cef1ea022e4d9d41ea9509b2967c.png

Shifty Spyrians for sure.  The Unitron base is clearly defensive in function. 

Thank you. Your research is very much appreciated. Unitron taking over the reins as the then next generation of galactic guardians fits. You also reminded me of another theme I enjoyed with Insectoids. I have a handful of those including the Arachnoid Star Base that came with the Gypsy Moth leader and the buzzing sound brick. I would love to see a character in the Collectable Minifigures line call back to the Insectoids or any of their other Space themes they have not referenced yet really.

• Like 1

Stretching the definition of the word 'today', but I've finished building a nice job lot I acquired a while ago. Paid £60 for it on eBay, with unhelpful photos and little idea of what was included (but I could just about make out some stickers from 7676 so took the plunge). I've had to spend probably another £150 Bricklinking various missing bits (in no small part made up of the minifigs from 4767) but I estimate that the value is probably ~ £1000 - £1100. I'll be keeping 4767 but selling the rest.

IMG_20210209_135052.thumb.jpg.34a5dc5f84973de22a12aa9ba5a55dc8.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

Stretching the definition of the word 'today', but I've finished building a nice job lot I acquired a while ago. Paid £60 for it on eBay, with unhelpful photos and little idea of what was included (but I could just about make out some stickers from 7676 so took the plunge). I've had to spend probably another £150 Bricklinking various missing bits (in no small part made up of the minifigs from 4767) but I estimate that the value is probably ~ £1000 - £1100. I'll be keeping 4767 but selling the rest.

IMG_20210209_135052.thumb.jpg.34a5dc5f84973de22a12aa9ba5a55dc8.jpg

I'd be interested in buying those miniature SW ships...send me a PM w/ what you're asking

Built the Disney Train Station, just the station which I basically got for free, more on that in a minute. Several issues with the build especially the roof and I was definitely not impressed. I know they are trying to stay true to the original but the stickers, which I did not apply, are plentiful and lacking.  I like the mason bricks but using all 1X2 bricks it lacks stability. There are some nice miniature builds of trains and the Disney castle that are neat.  

Now onto this guy I am quite impressed with you access to new sets and sales, I think I have only seen one other eBay seller get that many new exclusives, hard to find sets and promos so good for you!  I just wanted the building to incorporate into my modular display and he was parting out the train so worked for me.  Much to my surprise when it arrived all the bags were still sealed and the Minifigures were included  So Goofy and Minnie should cover my cost.  If you are reading this you should part out the figs.

https://www.ebay.com/str/shereensland

492D5838-5187-4C83-AC17-4C149D730E21.jpeg

2BD6BF4D-BAD8-4262-8DF6-266961534986.jpeg

7076119A-A7EE-4945-8A9A-15F59507CD7D.jpeg

• Like 5

I saw the Wright Bros Flyer 10124 in a lot of about 13 lbs of LEGO and picked it up for about $80.  When a larger box arrived I was temporarily confused.  I was so excited about the 10124 (with instructions in excellent condition) I completely forgot it was for 13 lbs of LEGO... lol.

The flyer is only missing a few pieces (hence the brown and gray wing pieces as well as a few plates and blocks which are evident in the pics) but I'm not done sifting through the 13 lbs of LEGO yet.  This thing is delicate.  It came apart about five times while building it.DSC_0001b.thumb.jpg.252738a89631873b2c0d13cfb2b535a6.jpgDSC_0002b.thumb.jpg.8f4100f1d134eda5265a582cdd0ad954.jpg

• Like 4

While avoiding the freezing weather I and my kids did some building last weekend.

I rebuilt a an Avengers Quinjet that belongs to one of my boys and ended up getting destroyed a while back.

Some duplos my 1.5 & 3.5 year olds played with.

A castle my 5yo built.

A laser/ dagger my 7yo created.

A new star wars set my 9yo built

Ninjago nightcrawler that 7yo wanted for the past few months since he first found out about it. He was VERY excited to get it. 20210214_131527.jpg20210214_203448.jpg20210214_201655.jpg20210213_205948.jpg20210213_100542.jpg

• Like 6