What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On 12/7/2020 at 10:46 AM, CosmicSpeed said:

Got tired of Christmas sets. Santa needed a new ride and honestly, the stickers are more of a zen process for me.

Damn that is one slick ride.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:44 PM, Jbad87 said:

I had to build one of my Diners. They just look too cool. Its definitely among my favorite modulars so far.

Nice layout not to mention that LEGO store all the way on the left there.

Picked up a complete no instructions or box 10262 Aston Martin DB5 for $105 shipped from EBay the other day. Was still looking for one to build and they were out of stock everywhere, I guess I happened to come across the listing just at the right time. Officially it would have been $120 shipped but I used my $15 coupon from switching to Managed Payments to bring the price down further. $5 for a manual from Bricklink, and just missing 1 LBG plate 1x1 (I've got plenty of those).

While inventorying the set, I tried this for the first time. Probably also the last time :)

image1.thumb.jpeg.b9f7ffcf322c52b6dbab50543837be12.jpeg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Finally cracked open the seals on the 10193 Medieval Market Village I bought on EBay several years ago. Built it and now working on "winterizing" the set so it can go under the tree.

20201222_112611.thumb.jpg.1c4dec04f9ad38d2ce5102f2e46bcc1f.jpg

As this was the first time I built a 10yr old set "fresh from the factory", a couple of observations:

- 2010 Reddish Brown SUCKS. Lots of cracking noises when placing bricks. One rounded window frame broke part of the bottom antistuds off (luckily these are plentiful available) - on first use ever!

- Numbered bags for large sets are such a help. I had to dump 1600+ bricks on a table and do a lot of searching, as this set has no numbered bags.

- Instructions really fail in color recognition. It was often hard to distinguish Black, DBG and LBG, as well as Tan vs Pearl Gold vs Pink, to the point that at the end I had to break down the chimney on the first house because I had used an LBG 1x4 plate instead of a DBG 1x4.

- The big tree build is finnicky. Especially when trying to add the white flowers/blossoms to the tree.

That said, the set is really solid and once I do my winterization I think it'll look great in my Winter Village.

LEGO needs to upgrade and re-lease this set as Harry Potter Hogsmeade (then no "winterizing" needed)

• Like 4

On 12/12/2020 at 8:36 AM, brickvoyeur said:

144_9252.JPG.b6dff17af3b890683f741f7ee76468ed.JPG

Another year... another kid. Same train. Mrs. Brickvoyeur is building the gingerbread house, while I get to finish up the Bakery and Post Office. Doubtful the Fire Station or Market make an appearance this year. 

The Cottage will eventually find its way to me for under $100 like all the other old Winter Village sets have.

This is as good as it's getting this year.

144_9304.thumb.JPG.cd792fd16db88033a0e4c2f3b332e6b8.JPG

• Like 9