What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I haven't built anything with LEGO in months, so these were a nice way to break that streak. I really enjoy the variety of colors and the combinations of different shapes. They really look like their source material. I just wanted these CMFs and I have no plans to build any of the sets from this series, so check back with me in 6 months to see my entire set up when I have inevitably purchased everything...

Mario CMF.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure I'm going to have to re-build my 10261 Roller Coaster.  It literally does not line up on the main incline.  The entire structure below lines up and looks good in the instructions, but when you attach the rails for the incline, they are stressed and don't line up.  Even the very first curve moving upward doesn't attach correctly to the standard.  

4 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Pretty sure I'm going to have to re-build my 10261 Roller Coaster.  It literally does not line up on the main incline.  The entire structure below lines up and looks good in the instructions, but when you attach the rails for the incline, they are stressed and don't line up.  Even the very first curve moving upward doesn't attach correctly to the standard.  

Oof. This is nightmare fuel. Knowing myself, it would be one stupid mistake that would not be worth the time to find. Demolish and start over sounds like the best bet.

5 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I feel your pain.  My two kids took turns building ours.  When completed there were some... curious stress points.  We were fortunate enough to figure out where the mistakes were.  We focused on one stressed area at a time and worked backwards through the instructions.  More times than not it was a missing piece.

Thank God LEGO gives us decent pictures.

Finished rebuilding and have the same stress issue on the main incline.  I have no idea what is going on.  Going to have to Kragle it to keep it together.  It literally stresses itself to the point it pops off the studs and falls apart.  It is only this section that has these issues and it's exacerbated by the drive chain when you hook it up. 

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

:nono:      

haha jk

Ha, believe me, It's the last thing I want to do.  But there is no way I'm building it 3x to find the same issue again.  I'll buy all the pieces to have on hand aside from their glued counterparts to have an untarnished set, but I want to actually use this thing, not just look at a broken down Six Flags ride. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Bought this to build and to see how I liked it as a display piece, and now that its built its a hard set to imagine parting ways with. Really captures the feel of Mos Eisley! Also its a little bigger than I expected and a tad crammed on my shelf, but it works! Unfortunately I cannot open the cantina due to lack of space 😅

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

Nice build; thanks for sharing.

But are those actual chrome lightsaber handles used as Cantina lighting? 😅

37 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Nice build; thanks for sharing.

But are those actual chrome lightsaber handles used as Cantina lighting? 😅

Sure are! haha they utilize some interesting piece design for the details within the cantina (the bar especially), a lot of gold too.

Sure are! haha they utilize some interesting piece design for the details within the cantina (the bar especially), a lot of gold too.
It looks great. The negative space that looks like a wide "H" cut into the bar was so intriguing I had to download the instructions. So clever and so simple.

On 10/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, exciter1 said:

Cracked open a 10228 - Haunted House to build with my daughter.

I came across mine the other day when I was sorting some sets along with a few others I planned to build.  Not sure how long I'll keep them until I realize I probably won't ever get around to building them and should just sell them.

• Like 1

Feeling like a Halloween build, Hidden side castle was built.  Not bad, makes a nice castle playset. Lots of stickers, some are pretty cool like the stained glass. Haven't yet opened the app to unlock and play this set level. at this time only Hidden side played was some of the ghost lab. Its just fine but I build Lego for the build not the apps too much.cas2.thumb.jpg.da6db57da727c577c1d9cd10559abf95.jpgcas1.thumb.jpg.c0b881c3fc6f864b838aa83d178a2e85.jpgcas3.thumb.jpg.e6e375fa4c3f18124857aa6d6380197a.jpg

• Like 8

Snow coming in. So kids built some sets. 

60226 & 41187

We are big elves fans. Building and selling. I see them as the holy grail of girls playsets.  Looks good, more difficult building techniques, and awesome creature building. Plus they sell really nice!!!

Mars shuttle is great as well. Bigger and better looking than expected.

2A15E06A-B8E8-4E15-83DD-38A14D35C402.jpeg

43F40BF6-5247-4CFC-A1F6-71D24FFB4052.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Built and Gingerbread House and the Elf Clubhouse back-to-back.  Overall, my feeling is that the Gingerbread House is the superior build, both in the process of building, the end-result, and the overall value.

I like how the Gingerbread House had the chimney stack actually built into and integrated into the build of the main house.  With the Elf Clubhouse, the chimney stack is built separately and just snapped onto the main house at the end.  I also found the functions for the waffle dispenser and beds to wake up the elves unnecessary and gimmicky.  The Elf Clubhouse was definitely more plain looking until the two strings up lights get put up.

The tree for the Elf Clubhouse is much more substantial and heavier than the one in the Gingerbread House but who buys a set for the tree?  I also don't care too much about the extras like the little gifts and stuff, that's just noise and wouldn't change my opinion of the overall builds.

I felt $99 for the Gingerbread House was fair.  It was an enjoyable build and very unique.  I might be happier with the Elf Clubhouse if it were discounted some, even to $89 would have been better.  I understand the set has a unique/exclusive Male Stag figure included which is more expensive to produce.  4 elf minifigures versus only the two Gingerbread minifigures.

What are your thoughts?  As you look at the two, $99 for either one, which one seems to be better?

20201027_071958.jpg

I think the gingerbread house is the "Must have" because of uniqueness for ANY winter village. ONce it retires (assuming no LEGO hijinks) it's on its way to $300...already $150-$189 when it's scarce b4 holidays.

That said, intrinsic value based on playability/posing/display fun every holiday...the nod goes to Elf House because it has more "stuff" to change it up every year and for kids to play. I could see Waking up the elves every morning right before opening an advent calendar window being a morning ritual in many households leading up to Christmas.