What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

22 hours ago, House Schubert said:

Built this little beauty of a Modular...😏 😏😏 today.  Traded used for a NSIB Welcome to Apocalypseburg.  Feel pretty good about it.  

Was that with no box and no instructions, Bricklinked? Seems to be missing some sections and parts are swapped. 

Finished this up last week. Its a really nice set with some interesting building techniques. I bought the set for the bookshop - my parents wrote children's books when I was a kid and it reminds me of the independent bookshops we used to visit for their presentations, but honestly I liked the house build more. I know this has received criticism for being small, etc, but the details are really nice. I built the Grand Emporium a few months ago and there is a definitely a difference in style between the earlier modulars and the trend of newer ones, but not a bad one in my opinion. I do agree that LEGO missed a great opportunity to create more clever book titles like they did with the Palace Cinema movie posters, and I feel like they could have tossed in a couple more leaf elements for the tree, but overall I think its a really great set! 

IMG_8345.JPG

• Like 9

Finished up the Creator Roller Coaster last night, and noticed an issue.  The main ramp seems to be not lining up vertically like I'm off a plate, but everything seems to be in order per instructions.  Has anyone else that has built the set had issues?  I also had issued with the horizontal beams when the two halves are attached having the proper room to fit as well.  Had to force them into the space provided but these seems to be undue tension throughout the set when completed.  I'll go back through the books again to see if there are any mistakes, but glancing at it last night I found none.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Finished up the Creator Roller Coaster last night, and noticed an issue.  The main ramp seems to be not lining up vertically like I'm off a plate, but everything seems to be in order per instructions.  Has anyone else that has built the set had issues?  I also had issued with the horizontal beams when the two halves are attached having the proper room to fit as well.  Had to force them into the space provided but these seems to be undue tension throughout the set when completed.  I'll go back through the books again to see if there are any mistakes, but glancing at it last night I found none.  

I don't think I encountered those problems. I DID replace the gear at bottom of chain drive with a slip gear to keep chain from breaking if hung up. 

1 hour ago, Belac said:

I don't think I encountered those problems. I DID replace the gear at bottom of chain drive with a slip gear to keep chain from breaking if hung up. 

Can you show me which gear you're talking about?  I.E. what piece you used vs. what was supplied.

10 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Can you show me which gear you're talking about?  I.E. what piece you used vs. what was supplied.

BL part #60c01. technic, gear 24 tooth clutch.  to replace provided standard 24 tooth at bottom of chain drive. It still hangs up a little sometimes but much much less chain separation. I had to climb on the table to get in position to fix it each time because its against the wall.  I'm up to the challenge but Lego supposed to be relax time :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Belac said:

BL part #60c01. technic, gear 24 tooth clutch.  to replace provided standard 24 tooth at bottom of chain drive. It still hangs up a little sometimes but much much less chain separation. I had to climb on the table to get in position to fix it each time because its against the wall.  I'm up to the challenge but Lego supposed to be relax time :)

Thanks, I had a feeling that was the part you were talking about but I'm not a Technic pro when it comes to this stuff.  I'll put it on my Wanted List and grab one with my next order. 

Built Monkey King Warrior Mech 80012 over our vacation. Big fun build. Really cool looking with lots of details. Lots of metallic gold pieces. I really like this theme. It's well done and simply fun. It feels like a updated and cooler version of the Ninjago theme. 

On 7/2/2020 at 9:24 AM, Huskers1236 said:

I did not have any of the problems you're referencing. It's a fun build. I love lego sets that do something more than just look cool on a shelf. Although I noticed my coaster not performing as well and smooth as time went by. Maybe it was dust or something? But after sitting on my shelf for a couple months it would not complete the cycle back to the chain lift. It would lose steam just short of engaging the chain lift. Not a big deal and maybe just a thorough cleaning would solve the problem. 

Built the extreme offroader 42099 few weeks back. While it's nice, it's torque and power seemed lacking and its ability to climb and clear obstacles is not satisfactory. So I got parts for and finished the Efferman mod from rebrickable, what a difference! It will climb any obstacles in front of it now! Very pleased with the results. The drawbacks were lower max speed and I think a larger turning radius (both from memory not proven). Very worthwhile upgrade for $40 of parts from BL. If anyone is planning on building one, make sure you manually calibrate the wheels when you insert the motor controlling the steering (connect to hub and have the motor rest in neutral position, then insert the motor while the steering bar is dead center). I didn't do this and had to take apart and rebuild the entire front section.

Here’s a pic of the build. :)
c52867dfa2132770b69d340c13d3aada.jpg
  • Like 8

Heres a few Lego pics

pic 1and 2: recent target arrival Iron Man. wouldn't have built if box was Minty.  Build was ok.  Ferrari down for dusting.

Pic 3-4 Trailer complete from earlier build transport build.

pic 5: As added info on My coaster I like to run five coaster cars attached not three, so i undid the last rubber band wheel(closest in picture) so it releases earlier. It may be the reason the chain is putting in more work and needs clutch I mentioned earlier. It does coast back to the chain easier as five.

Happy Independence Day!

b3.thumb.jpg.47af0fa257edb8ddb68d3d138aad3f73.jpgb2.thumb.jpg.efb89a38898abcded6adf4393c2058c3.jpgb4.thumb.jpg.92a1262c14fcf2ab7d33b11f9440565c.jpgb5.thumb.jpg.e99a9ff3def49055064907376ef0ce31.jpgb1.thumb.png.41a3291f57453cad0b42093dab8b55e0.png

• Like 9

On 7/4/2020 at 12:28 PM, Belac said:

Heres a few Lego pics

pic 1and 2: recent target arrival Iron Man. wouldn't have built if box was Minty.  Build was ok.  Ferrari down for dusting.

Pic 3-4 Trailer complete from earlier build transport build.

pic 5: As added info on My coaster I like to run five coaster cars attached not three, so i undid the last rubber band wheel(closest in picture) so it releases earlier. It may be the reason the chain is putting in more work and needs clutch I mentioned earlier. It does coast back to the chain easier as five.

Happy Independence Day!

Like that Ferrari F1 car.  Which set is it?  Also, curious how you dust it?   I have been trying compressed air on some of my sets and dosen't seem to work too well.  The dust really seems to be stuck in and on.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, Phil B said:

Here is a render of the final result (waiting for a few missing pieces to arrive to turn my "borrowed pieces" build into a nicely color-matching one):

Im curious if this was done for turning radius purposes? I can see the appeal for this mod if only for display as it looks 10x better with the gaps filled in.  My question is, does this mod sacrifice function?

7 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Im curious if this was done for turning radius purposes? I can see the appeal for this mod if only for display as it looks 10x better with the gaps filled in.  My question is, does this mod sacrifice function?

Nope, everyting works the same ... check out Jang's video around the 1:10 mark, where he has it running (on one side):

• Thanks 1