What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

18 hours ago, marcandre said:

Built this over the weekend. Not too tough. Pretty dense build. Drives great, the new driving app works fine. I think leaving the decals off was the right move. 

IMG_9201.jpg

👍  Agree!  no decals

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 7:36 PM, exciter1 said:

Done sorting, getting started on 10195 soon. 

EDA8DFC3-393F-477E-A3C9-28EFEA9CD165.jpeg

bit the bullet and bought one used from Ebay $550 plus $35 shipping...it's been on my bucket list since i first saw one..the price is a little high (I think) but the condition looked near new (which is important for this set) and sticker sheet was un-applied.

Like I said, I've been hunting one for the past two years and honestly the price holds rock solid...so the day after I build it LEGO should be re-leasing it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

bit the bullet and bought one used from Ebay $550 plus $35 shipping...it's been on my bucket list since i first saw one..the price is a little high (I think) but the condition looked near new (which is important for this set) and sticker sheet was un-applied.

Like I said, I've been hunting one for the past two years and honestly the price holds rock solid...so the day after I build it LEGO should be re-leasing it.

I’ve made some progress, but sadly still building. With work, my other work, kids, and yard work, I’m busier than I want to be during this quarantine. I haven’t fired up my XBox the entire time I’ve been home.

E0FE9780-BE78-4694-8BAF-BF478D9027CE.jpeg

68C18679-08C0-4538-833A-4EA7D73932D3.jpeg

• Like 6

On 5/2/2020 at 3:16 PM, exciter1 said:

I’ve made some progress, but sadly still building. With work, my other work, kids, and yard work, I’m busier than I want to be during this quarantine. I haven’t fired up my XBox the entire time I’ve been home.

Watching you guys build yours almost makes me sad I sold mine.  But like someone else said, everything has a price and I got $750 for my used set.  In fact, the only thing I've been able to build are sets I have been selling.  I've done almost as much deconstructing as building just to make sure they're 100% complete.

Rebuilt my 21303 Wall-E yesterday. Some of you might remember I motorized it back in 2015 with Power Functions w/ decent success.  I posted pics in our Wall-E thread long ago.

I built it with the original neck design and then the Lego fix. I don’t notice much improvement. I did purchase the Chris McVeigh fix in Sept. 2015 so maybe that will be tried next.

1e408a9ddc99f4dcd83c920c93348f86.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ogelwoc said:

fa84b61b2830c973813c84244127b45c.jpg

Just finished building this beauty.
Bought NISB for $350 and was deliberating whether to flip for profit. Glad I build it. Probably can sell for higher my buy in anyway.

Since the Canadian dollar is weak (I don't really know, it just always is that way, right?), I'll trade you that Park Animals set for that guy.

*sigh*  Best ship ever.

We finished up the 4482 Star Wars AT-TE set over the weekend. Great set considering it’s from 2003. Final product looks better than Captain Rex’s AT-TE 75157 that the kids built last summer. Forgot to get a comparison pic.

Next up from the FB lot:  7163 Rebublic Gunship.

E7A79342-4874-4FD4-89B4-6858E33918E7.jpeg

C75800DC-D09B-456D-999C-0BA74497410E.jpeg

EBBC862A-C3CB-4902-AF21-6C50721F0E19.jpeg

• Like 4

On 5/12/2020 at 11:22 AM, uaford said:

We finished up the 4482 Star Wars AT-TE set over the weekend. Great set considering it’s from 2003. Final product looks better than Captain Rex’s AT-TE 75157 that the kids built last summer. Forgot to get a comparison pic.

Next up from the FB lot:  7163 Rebublic Gunship.

Would really appreciate a comparison w/ Cap Rex AT-TE. very curious why one is barely over RRP and the other is over 3x

DOM'S CHARGER.

I am not nearly as critical of this set as Hwu. Yes, its a technic set that doesn't have traditional Rack & Pinion steering, but does have the neat Wheelie display feature. It's boxy, large, heavy, bouncy springs that bottom out, questionable steering mechanism. Its a m-f-ing DODGE CHARGER!

If you want a good frame, just don't complete bags 3 and 4 and then you have a really nice underbody that you could use as a template for other models. It's a technic set made more zoomable and easier to control with the rear steering mechanism.

This is a fun set.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 2:46 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Would really appreciate a comparison w/ Cap Rex AT-TE. very curious why one is barely over RRP and the other is over 3x

Personally, my favorite AT-TE is 7675.  Not only is it the largest, it works perfectly with the Dropship from 10195.

Comparison between AT-TEs:

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1