What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On 3/17/2020 at 2:46 AM, locidm said:

Finished this tonight. Life at home with two kids and still took me three seatings to complete a 275 pcs set. Pathetic.

Anyway I enjoyed the build and the result looks real good for a small set. Proportions are much better than the six stud wide SC from before.

However I did discover that this F8 is for bald guys only. The hood won’t close all the way with helmet or hair piece on.

Take out the "seat" behind him and he can fit "better" with the helmet. Same issue with the Jag E-type.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 2:46 AM, locidm said:

Finished this tonight. Life at home with two kids and still took me three seatings to complete a 275 pcs set. Pathetic.

Anyway I enjoyed the build and the result looks real good for a small set. Proportions are much better than the six stud wide SC from before.

However I did discover that this F8 is for bald guys only. The hood won’t close all the way with helmet or hair piece on.

Started this last night and finished this evening.  Very nice set.  Hardly any studs showing.  It's almost like they left a few studs to say its still Lego.  Didn't have a problem fitting the guy in mine however.

• Like 1

Built Republic Attack Cruiser 8039  out of a bulk lot I bought recently. Not sure if I like building out of bulk, it’s a lot of work but, it’s rewarding when done. I’m sure if I did the math it pays less than my reseller job but, it’s a great way to kill time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firstofminifigs said:

Need some help choosing which modular to build during all this new found free time. Choices are:

Parisian Restaurant
Brick Bank
Palace Cinema
Detective Office
City Hospital

Thanks in advance!

Brick Bank I found really fun to build. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firstofminifigs said:

Need some help choosing which modular to build during all this new found free time. Choices are:

Parisian Restaurant
Brick Bank
Palace Cinema
Detective Office
City Hospital

Thanks in advance!

I just finished the Palace Cinema a few weeks ago, and enjoyed it.  So I'm going to say PC.

Parisian Restaurant
Brick Bank
Palace Cinema
Detective Office
City Hospital

Thanks in advance!
I prefer Parisian restaurant because it's very detailed and pretty. My first modular was palace cinema and I loved it and r Ally like the finished product. Detective's office is small and meh, except for a few parts.

My buddy held a Lego build a castle challenge over the weekend through our FB family. We were encouraged to use whatever Lego we had "around" the house. Those without kids like me were encouraged to join as well.  With most of my loose Lego in storage I decided to bust open a water damaged 10237 ToO. I made sure to say it was a set and not custom. Took me about 15 hrs I'd say. I liked the build and it looks awesome. Now to break it down I guess.

20200330_134239.jpg

• Like 9

Broke out my 10226 Sopwith Camel and finally built it on Saturday.  Got a bad lot of reddish brown as I broke 10 1x2 plates during the building.  That and dark red seem to be the worst for brittleness. 

Plane is really cool and was a pretty fun build.  Cool to see the mechanism come together at the end for the moving wings.  I think the Maersk EEE is up next. 

• Like 3