What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:
2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:
How did you find enough hydrogen peroxide nowadays?

Lol, I still have 6 unopened bottles sitting in my garage still even after what I used. I buy a lot of used sets so I keep a decent on hand supply.

i have a "batch" needing the LEGO "bacta tank" treatment; just waiting on the price of peroxide to go back to normal.  I originally saw it on a JangBricks youtube. Any tips for a first timer?

i have a "batch" needing the LEGO "bacta tank" treatment; just waiting on the price of peroxide to go back to normal.  I originally saw it on a JangBricks youtube. Any tips for a first timer?
Watch some computer restoration videos from The 8-bit guy. He has some great retrobrighting tips (plus otherwise awesome retro computing content).
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil B said:
10 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Watch some computer restoration videos from The 8-bit guy. He has some great retrobrighting tips (plus otherwise awesome retro computing content).

just saw a youtube of 8-bit restoring a Commodore 64..kind of addicting watching such a waste of time & resources (seriously, using an industrial 3-D printer to re-make some old keyboard inserts!)...but the fact i couldn't stop watching meant it had some value....also learned that using tire shiner regularly will stain parts of your driveway and wrapping old wires around components can burn into the plastic shell.

I'm now ready to take my Clif seat at the end of the Cheers bar.

Just built the Modular Garage while listening to John Mark Comer's "God has a name" audiobook.

The book is better than the set, but it was still nice to finally build something in lockdown.
I don't think it's a keeper for me, but will hold on to it for a couple of years and let it appreciate first ;) 

IMG_2866.thumb.JPG.136017019afca34c2cd581733420b275.JPG

• Like 7

Got in a few pieces I was missing to finish off a 8459 Technic front end loader. I picked it up locally last week for $10 and had to order $5 of parts from Bricklink (that's with shipping).

Last night the ARC-170 was one of the most fun builds in a while, this one was one of the most annoying. I don't know if it was just trying to fit all the hoses for the pneumatics correctly, or if I am just not a fan of Technic in general but I was so glad to finally be done with the build. The finished set is really cool, and I do love the play value of the pneumatic functions, but I am not sure it was worth the frustration of actually building it.0397acd65db258e595df1feecf85d5ae.jpg

• Like 4

Yesterday I built the 75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium set I originally bought to resell but decided to keep it instead because it is an excellent set and is my favorite ship from the original Star Wars trilogy.  Exciter1 gave me a $10 Kmart coupon shortly after I joined this site to help me save a little bit more on it, I will never forget his kindness and him doing that

The minifigures lined up for a class picture of sorts and the white bricks really glimmer. I am definitely displaying this one in a room out of natural light to keep the bricks nice and white.  My only minor complaint is the use of the rather flat Trans-Black Windscreen 1 x 6 x 3 instead of more a curved one.

My ultimate goal is finding a deal on the 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle and I can hopefully find a score like Brickvoyeur did a year or two ago!
IMG_20200419_151712663.thumb.jpg.44b647cc8484c7ea014ac548a1022e4a.jpg

• Like 9

On 4/15/2020 at 10:36 PM, exciter1 said:

Done sorting, getting started on 10195 soon. 

Do you just organize all of your bulk by part type and then pick and choose what you need for what you want to build? Im starting with my retro bricks and sorting those by brick type, then I was going to add in my newer ones, but those are still bagged by set. 

20 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Do you just organize all of your bulk by part type and then pick and choose what you need for what you want to build? Im starting with my retro bricks and sorting those by brick type, then I was going to add in my newer ones, but those are still bagged by set. 

Luckily didn't get this in bulk. It was in a tote by itself, the same with the 10188 it came with.

• Like 1

3065 Olivia's Tree House

IMG_3608.jpg

There's a story behind this one - for about 9 months, when this one was still available (2011-2013), it would randomly go on sale.  And every single time, I'd miss out on it.  It became an obsession mine to pick this one up.  Finally grabbed one off of eBay in 2015.

Finally decided to put it together yesterday.  Cute little build.  Makes me want the Ideas Treehouse even more.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

3065 Olivia's Tree House

IMG_3608.jpg

There's a story behind this one - for about 9 months, when this one was still available (2011-2013), it would randomly go on sale.  And every single time, I'd miss out on it.  It became an obsession mine to pick this one up.  Finally grabbed one off of eBay in 2015.

Finally decided to put it together yesterday.  Cute little build.  Makes me want the Ideas Treehouse even more.

I think I still have one of these in the box.

It’s alway a pleasure building the 10175 UCS Vader Tie from 2006.  It is starting to look dated but still a nice looking set.

It’s been nearly 7 years since I built my first 10175.

The 1st pic is from 2013. It was a nice pickup then at $85 w/ the manual. Only needed some elements that were bricklinked for less than $8 with postage.  

4775e47c7f1d7aade5c57084fb3ff51c.file

This pic is from today. This set came with the box & manual. Picked it up 2 years ago at a nice price. forgot the exact price and will need to look it up.  Much better quality of bricks (far less yellowish ones including the rare round cockpit cover) than my original.

e71cf826509142ef458fae0312f15471.plist

• Like 8