What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On 3/27/2020 at 3:21 PM, uaford said:

We have been going through our Facebook Marketplace find from last month and sorting all of the pieces into each individual set. Now we are finally to the stage of getting to do some building! First up: 10019 UCS Rebel Bloackade Runner, which was missing 0 pieces. We are a little over halfway finished. I did have to order a replacement sticker sheet, which is en route.

Did you purchase original stickers or did you go with aftermarket?  I've thought about applying some reprints on mine as I didn't want to use the originals only to have them start to degrade. 

19 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Did you purchase original stickers or did you go with aftermarket?  I've thought about applying some reprints on mine as I didn't want to use the originals only to have them start to degrade. 

We finished the UCS Blockade Runner on Sunday. Man...what a beast of a set. Beautiful.  Up next
 to build from the lot: UCS Death Star II, which was missing 4 pieces.

@Huskers1236 I went with Vinyl aftermarket after seeing the shape the original stickers were in (as you can see in the pics) and reading online. They aren’t here yet, and it will be my first experience with aftermarket stickers.

6D64C763-A1BB-429D-B217-5F5E619213D3.jpeg

0D486453-2609-43F9-9C17-B30D33965D0A.jpeg

4D3D8E7E-3C96-4378-BE65-6C684D6FB552.jpeg

8EA6C16B-BF5B-4387-96E5-FE874AD15C90.jpeg

Edited by uaford
Typo
  • Like 8

Broke out my 10226 Sopwith Camel and finally built it on Saturday.  Got a bad lot of reddish brown as I broke 10 1x2 plates during the building.  That and dark red seem to be the worst for brittleness. 
Plane is really cool and was a pretty fun build.  Cool to see the mechanism come together at the end for the moving wings.  I think the Maersk EEE is up next. 

I had the same problem with the same type of bricks 1x2 plates in Dark Red and Reddish Brown. Happened with the Palace Cinema and the Winter Village Post Office. Both I put together in the last couple of months.

76042 Helicarrier re-build finished this morning. I reverse bagged this one so the build was very smooth. I've always loved this set, and since it took me a while to find one at a good price that adds a bit of extra satisfaction each time I build it. This is one of the sets that they did a great job with, the proportions and details are very close to the shots in the movies in my opinion, and the interior bridge addition it excellent. Once I modified the minifigure stand to include all of the original Avengers, that was the final touch, although one of the front turret extensions looks to have fallen off during transport from my building area 🙃 

On the cons, I wish they would have scrapped the turbine spinning feature and added more interior, perhaps a Hulk lab, bunk rooms, and hallways. And secondly, the upper/second level bridge needs work. That large translucent piece just doesn't look good with all the other small details. But overall an amazing set for me!

IMG_8612.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Built Jokerland with my 8 year old. I originally wanted to convert this over to my fairground, but think it will be better for Halloween Town, paired with some other sets (like the Hidden Side Rollercoaster)

my son and I are currently trying to pull all the pieces out of the "bin" to put this set back together.

• Like 1

Found a guy selling off his collection locally. Most of his sets he had priced about $20 below Ebay. Good prices, just not good enough for resale. However, he did have a few priced low enough to make a profit that I pulled the trigger. Got a 8039 used Venator for $100, used 7259 ARC-170 for $40, NIB 75046 Coruscant Police Gunship for $100, NIB 70410 Pirates Soldiers outpost for $20, used 1906 Majisto's Tower for $20.

Anyway, I spent yesterday and today washing and restoring color to the bricks. I built the ARC-170 tonight. I gotta say, that is one of the most enjoyable Star Wars builds I have done in a while. I thought that the build techniques used were very cool and original. I highly recommend that set for any Star Wars fans.c7d847d3c8049ee8aebd2f35a4573682.jpg3567e2e135e148ceb8dc8aebd84aaf20.jpgc056912428fafb5d72a8f50276f0f906.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Found a guy selling off his collection locally. Most of his sets he had priced about $20 below Ebay. Good prices, just not good enough for resale. However, he did have a few priced low enough to make a profit that I pulled the trigger. Got a 8039 used Venator for $100, used 7259 ARC-170 for $40, NIB 75046 Coruscant Police Gunship for $100, NIB 70410 Pirates Soldiers outpost for $20, used 1906 Majisto's Tower for $20.

Anyway, I spent yesterday and today washing and restoring color to the bricks. I built the ARC-170 tonight. I gotta say, that is one of the most enjoyable Star Wars builds I have done in a while. I thought that the build techniques used were very cool and original. I highly recommend that set for any Star Wars fans.

Been such a long time since I have found a great local deal like this. I let a Venator slip through my fingers a couple years ago and I'll never forget it. Great find!

On 4/7/2020 at 3:13 AM, Alpinemaps said:

75100 Star Wars First Order Snowspeeder

857088f7b9b46aed45f0f94a00c799df.jpg

pretty neat set, built this with a nephew a while back. The technic wheels are very low in friction. We both liked how this allowed for some decent playability and great for pulling ‘donuts’ on smooth surfaces. 🍩 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Got a 8039 used Venator for $100, used 7259 ARC-170 for $40, NIB 75046 Coruscant Police Gunship for $100, NIB 70410 Pirates Soldiers outpost for $20, used 1906 Majisto's Tower for $20.

Anyway, I spent yesterday and today washing and restoring color to the bricks. I built the ARC-170 tonight. I gotta say, that is one of the most enjoyable Star Wars builds I have done in a while. I thought that the build techniques used were very cool and original. I highly recommend that set for any Star Wars fans.

Nice find👍Great sets and even better prices💪.  And looking good too! Sometimes cleaning and rebuilding sets can be most satisfying ✌️

• Like 1

Been such a long time since I have found a great local deal like this. I let a Venator slip through my fingers a couple years ago and I'll never forget it. Great find!
I am actually dreading putting the Venator back together for pics. I sold a used one about a year ago and I broke I don't know how many of the dark red tile pieces taking it back apart for shipping. This time I went ahead and ordered 4 extra of each of the dark red tiles and plates from bricklink just so I have them on hand when they inevitably snap while taking it back apart. Just something about that color that makes those pieces very brittle.

And actually, I have had super good luck with local deals on used sets lately. Within the last 2 months I have bought all these below. 

I bought a large mixed lot for $120 that had 60022 cargo plane, creator 31032, Elves 41176 Secret Marketplace, Elves 41180 Regana's castle, Elves 41174 Starlight Inn, and Elves 41171 and 41172. All with instructions and just 1-5 common pieces missing. And about 20lbs of bulk left.

I got a used Black Pearl and 4842 Hogwarts Castle for $100 both complete with instructions.

I bought a Minecraft lot for $105 that had a used 21144, 21146, 21136, 21145, 21142, 21135, 21147, 21130, 21145, 21140, 21141. All with instructions, missing a total of 7 pieces.

Tomorrow I am going to pick up a lot that has a used 41101 Friends Grand Hotel, 41063 Ariel's Palace and several other "unnamed" (haha) Friends sets for $60.

I think everyone being stuck at home has causes them to start going through and listing all the sets their kids don't play with anymore.

3 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

How did you find enough hydrogen peroxide nowadays?