What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

One good thing came out of the California PG&E planned outages. I finally decided to open and build the MILF! After building most of bag 1, I've noticed a couple of things:

1. The inner framework is solid. 
  2. I would hate to disassemble this. All the pins are great for stability but I would imagine they make it a PITA to disassemble.

PGE Falcon.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/31/2019 at 8:51 AM, oneknightr said:

One good thing came out of the California PG&E planned outages. I finally decided to open and build the MILF! After building most of bag 1, I've noticed a couple of things:

1. The inner framework is solid. 
  2. I would hate to disassemble this. All the pins are great for stability but I would imagine they make it a PITA to disassemble.

PGE Falcon.jpg

I recently moved and this was the only set I partially disassembled.  I spent a couple hours each night for about a week putting it back together.  I have about 8 pieces left over.  They are going in a bag and will be stored in the Millennium Falcon.

• Like 2

Built the Hulkbuster that I received from Target during the sale a couple weeks ago.

As a MCU fan I like it, but I have to admit it isn't the best set. Exposed blue pins could have been covered easily and weren't, but even more than that it's wobbly and hard to get it to stand straight up (tends to lean slightly forward or back) which really upsets my OCD. I did think the stand was well done though. 

Please, give us a UCS Milano next

IMG_7869.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, t_mafia said:

Built the Hulkbuster that I received from Target during the sale a couple weeks ago.

As a MCU fan I like it, but I have to admit it isn't the best set. Exposed blue pins could have been covered easily and weren't, but even more than that it's wobbly and hard to get it to stand straight up (tends to lean slightly forward or back) which really upsets my OCD. I did think the stand was well done though. 

Please, give us a UCS Milano next

IMG_7869.JPG

Thanks for sharing...I was originally meh w/ the set until I saw how big the box was for it...it's the scale that sold me...sux it's having trouble standing on its own...dampers my anticipation for personal build

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Thanks for sharing...I was originally meh w/ the set until I saw how big the box was for it...it's the scale that sold me...sux it's having trouble standing on its own...dampers my anticipation for personal build

I think this mod helps with that issue: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-18601/Skecys/ucs-hulkbuster-mod/#comments

• Like 2

70357 Knighton Castle

Pretty Dope build.  It's a castle so tons of re-play with it. Kids imagination is fun to watch.  I like attacking them with the rolling Purple and LBG evil guy.  Also, has a "spaceship" kind of thing, and micro-vehicle that fits inside the castle too.  

Overall, neat stuff. 8/10 

• 2 weeks later...

For the love of Lego, A few friends and I popped the seals on an ADP Saloon last night.(as well as a beverage or two).  Shaping up to be a good build. As I've read somewhere before a nice bright light will aid a lot in this build. Those two brown colors and some placements can get tough on even the sharpest eye. These sets do feel like special edition sets, friends impressed with packaging and manual quality for sure.

ADP Saloon.jpg

• Like 2

Nice cases.  You don't happen to have a link to where you got those, do you?

Sure do. The site is awesome but unfortunately they are UK sooo shipping sucks, but I often wait and make bulk purchases if I want stuff. Good quality and good customer service!

https://www.wickedbrick.com/products/display-case-for-lego-star-wars-battle-of-hoth-20th-anniversary-edition-40333?_pos=1&_sid=faec69a77&_ss=r

https://www.wickedbrick.com/products/display-case-for-lego-star-wars-battle-of-endor-20th-anniversary-edition-40362?_pos=1&_sid=5b7ac908b&_ss=r
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, brickvoyeur said:

He loves the show Dinosaur Train... so we did this. Now he won't stop singing the theme song.

20181219_181006-1.thumb.jpg.5f0dee577d2bdd248df8d19174e52dea.jpg

A year later, a busier setup, and an additional messy kid. Baby #3 due in March, Boy #3. At this rate all those Elves sets I have set aside for "future girl" are going to end up on Amazon. Will give it another try in a few years.

144_3885.thumb.JPG.d7636e37f144d52e07dc0abfb9d7ee27.JPG

• Like 6