What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Bought a used Pirates theme lot off of Craigslist a couple months ago for $500 that I finally got around to building after cleaning the pieces and ordering missing pieces from Bricklink (only missing about $20 worth)... Time to sell them, but I really enjoyed building these.

I bought a castle lot at the same time for $400 but I gotta say, the pirates were much cooler and more fun to build. Just too much light gray with the castles... made for very boring builds imo.

20190430_001310.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 6

Not all today but recent builds include

75209 - Han Solo’s Landspeeder - pretty good little build with some interesting SNOT techniques

76009 - Superman Black Zero Escape - this was an old clearance pickup that was going nowhere so I built it and totally regret the waste of time. I feel bad for kids that received this set.  Garbage

70652 - Stormbringer - The kid built this. It’s ok for a dragon not much body to it or wings, but I am curious how it will be with a Boost set if I ever bust one of those out  the Star Wars droid pack may motivate me to finally do that  

75881 with the wife.  got this at a nice discount and popped the seals last night.  Only really wanted the gt40 so she built the GT.  Perfect how both cars have their own instruction booklet.  Nice build, and nice addition to the collection, love those GT40 lines and front end.  I need to pull more Lego out of storage and get the modulars built, but here is the new display case, first purchase with Lego profits!  Picked it up from a closing funeral home for $100, stayed in the garage while I touched up the stain and deep cleaned, now looks like new. From West Michigan furniture company, dated 1902! Love buying this type of furniture rather than overpriced cheap crap sold in the stores these days.  This Curio will eventually be in our bedroom once I find the right size curio for the living room. Better pic of the GT40 later. No stickers and took out the grey strip and opted for a midnight blackout version.

Cabinet.JPG

Edited by BricksBrotha
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Not all today but recent builds include

75209 - Han Solo’s Landspeeder - pretty good little build with some interesting SNOT techniques

76009 - Superman Black Zero Escape - this was an old clearance pickup that was going nowhere so I built it and totally regret the waste of time. I feel bad for kids that received this set.  Garbage

70652 - Stormbringer - The kid built this. It’s ok for a dragon not much body to it or wings, but I am curious how it will be with a Boost set if I ever bust one of those out  the Star Wars droid pack may motivate me to finally do that  

your last thing about the dragon got me thinking of Afol targetted GoT sets in our future

57 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

My OCD is kicking in.  Please push the top dark red plate 4 x 4 all the way down.  Please, please...

55 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

dont forget the eye ball poppin out!

hahahahahah

I didn't notice any of that.  My 7 year old put it together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LegoWalker4 said:

My OCD is kicking in.  Please push the top dark red plate 4 x 4 all the way down.  Please, please...

the directions I repeat the most when I build together w/ my 7 yr old: "Close your gaps!"

funny thing is you can also see Jang's completed sets w/ gaps...he is awesome but because of that he is only 99% awesome

3106ec41b2cabb8eeb2204dcbfee6e4c.jpg

My daughter and I finally opened up the Go Brick Me set and had fun building, though I had to raid some extra pieces to finish me. Apparently Lego doesn’t expect two people in a family to share skin tones. Also couldn’t help but add my micro Benny Spaceman.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I built the overly stickered (24 to be exact) 75887 Porsche 919 Hybrid today.  It was a very fun build and I really like the way it looks.  

IMG_20190524_172739906.thumb.jpg.8cddbe929217d2a52975db1f71b0e029.jpg

IMG_20190316_095957758.thumb.jpg.711a43bd1d7289695b223a5227bf09c9.jpg

IMG_20190524_172749990.thumb.jpg.396c75abf9517518ab9b09fe3356ed33.jpg

IMG_20190524_172801108.thumb.jpg.1989b0e48cf8fb553090f775fff30b93.jpg

He took a few creative liberties with some of extra minifigures.  It might be time to have him tested.  LOL!  

See the source image

Edited by LegoWalker4
picture added
  • Like 2

Built Moloch’s Speeder so I could relive that classic seen from Solo. /sarcasm

I actually didn’t mind the movie but both these sets only have a brief bit of time in the overall movie.  The build was fine, a few interesting parts, but I feel this set is horribly overpriced at the MSRP of $40.  Another minifigure would have helped but I don’t feel the end product justifies the cost or that this scene is memorable enough to draw people to this set.  Glad I only have one of these to sell.

6C082320-F040-400A-BF9A-6C4E898D6A93.thumb.jpeg.858d48d3325ccde8349be5f07273b9e5.jpeg

• Like 2