What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, Gary81 said:

Got the bat-pod 5004590 finished. A really clever build in some parts, and looks so much bigger and better in person than in the photos and reviews. Great set. ?

You inspired me to pull mine out and build.  So here it is:

IMG_1631.jpeg

I agree that it's "different' for a build.  Some very interesting techniques.  Lots of fun to put together, and not boring at all.  But I agree with Gary - it looks so much bigger and more impressive online than in person.  A buildable Dark Knight Batman would look killer with this.

Mine isn't to keep though - up for sale it goes!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Not what I built, but what I took apart.  Took apart Pet Shop and Fire Brigade as I'm out of space for my modulars, and had several dark red pieces break.  Not a huge surprise as I've seen the color be brittle in the past but was disappointing.  Set had been built since new, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

LEGO will replace your broken pieces for free.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, marcandre said:

Finished up the Mack this morning. It’s huge. Really enjoyed the build. Will let it sit for a month then disassemble for the garbage truck build.

What is Tabby Boy doing in the center of the third photo?  I thought he retired from Lego investing.  Maybe he is into Lego admiring now... :)

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, Quacs said:

Finished with my new Brickheadz display.  I have almost all of them except the 2016 SDCC Brickheadz, Steve and Creeper, Luke and Yoda, and Vader.  2017 NYCC Boba Fett/Carbonite Han not pictured.  Don’t have any of the new Seasonals yet either.

This looks great, nice job! I have an extra 41493 if you are interested. Who would have known at the time Black Panther would become so popular. I would advise against it because once you have one you will have to complete the 2016 SDCC set and 41490 is pricey but you will need something to keep things symmetrical. 

• Like 4

Finished with my new Brickheadz display.  I have almost all of them except the 2016 SDCC Brickheadz, Steve and Creeper, Luke and Yoda, and Vader.  2017 NYCC Boba Fett/Carbonite Han not pictured.  Don’t have any of the new Seasonals yet either.

Looks fantastic! And now I know just how many of those I’m going to need. I’m still negotiating a place in the house to put them up.

I’m Bricklinking the SDCC/NYCC BHz. I’ll figure out stickers or something to improvise the missing things later.

• Like 1

You have a link for those boxes? .

ugh! when I see it actually built.. (so ugly).. I think even less of my buyers that they are deliberately, being of a conscious mind.. willingly free to get THIS (athrocity) for a ridiculously inflated price .. 

Edited by crayxlp
grammar typo

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

f301ceaa9fa4e8f90e4022f9a5e38403.jpg

THAT is the best picture of this particular BH that I have ever came across.. so cool! thanks for that! . it is literally "so cute".. by inviting you with open arms to get into its world (and get more ridiculously overpriced companions from you).. so cool! so slicky.. thumbs up! :D

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Martae54 said:

You have a link for those boxes? .

These were the ones on sale before Christmas at Michaelsthat I used.  I took out the bat holders and the end cap on the sidewall. 

https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-baseball-bat-display-case/10174362.html#start=16

• Like 1