What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 8:33 PM, exciter1 said:

Finally built the Gingerbread House with my daughter 

Did you find the roof a bit of a challenge to assemble?  I recall that being some people's critique of the set.  I got this set for my wife for an actual Christmas present but we stashed it away to build next year. We're usually a year behind.

6 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Did you find the roof a bit of a challenge to assemble?  I recall that being some people's critique of the set.  I got this set for my wife for an actual Christmas present but we stashed it away to build next year. We're usually a year behind.

The first roof section is a little tricky, but the rest is designed really well. My 7-year old daughter was skipping the roof parts and had things out of whack. I had to back out bag 4, but once I found the pieces it wasn’t too bad.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

Not so much as what I built today but what I will be building. I got a call from my local Lego store manager saying a lady dropped off a big box of old Lego that she wanted to recycle. Luckily the manager saw a few old modulars on there and thought to call me. She asked if I wanted to come pick up the box and sent me a pic. First thing I saw were parts to the Grand Emporium and A Cafe Corner. I couldn't get to the store fast enough. I brought the box home and after starting to dig through it I saw all the parts to Market street inside. Going to be a fun weekend.

600382307.jpg

That is so nice!  I'm jealous

On 1/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, MusiKyle said:

Finally found the new 8-wide Speed Champions Ferrari F8 at Barnes & Noble today, and after purchasing and building it I have to say I am quite impressed.  I don't have a city needing 6-wide conformity on the vehicles so that was a non-issue for me.  I just wanted the standalone set.  In the picture here we have the two F40s (Creator Expert vs. 6-wide Speed Champions) bookending the new 8-wide F8 and the difference in detail is very noteworthy (Especially between the 6-wide F40 and the 8-wide F8).  Thought I'd provide this view so you all can see the comparison.  Fun build!

20200111_201432.jpg

I built the new 8 wide yesterday. My ONLY complaint is that the glass is so tight that you cannot fit the minifigure with hair, only with or without the helmet will he fit.

Today, I built the Valentines Brickheadz bear.

• Like 1

I'm almost finished with the Lowenstein Castle, which is a fantastic build.  

In other news, an article from the Washington Post about the LEGO's increased targeting of AFOLs: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/01/16/legos-toys-for-stressed-adults/?utm_campaign=first_reads&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Newsletter&wpisrc=nl_rainbow&wpmm=1

Always nice to see increased acceptance of the ideas of AFOLs. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished 80105 Chinese New Year Temple Fair. Hands down one of the most enjoyable builds of 2020 so far. I know its only January, but this set is amazing. I was on the fence about the Lion Dance, but this set will make me buy and add to the layout. Still need to build the Dragon boat race from last year, and find a way to make 80102 fit into the scene without the bottom mechanics.

Highly recommend and stock up while you can. This will be a keeper down the line for sure.

• Like 1

Palace Cinema. I’ve had a used one sitting here for 5 years that I’ve always wanted to build and just didn’t. So I finally cracked it open.

I remember why I don’t like big sets - so many pieces to rifle through.

But I really enjoy the look of this set and it will go on permanent display.

I also mounted it on a MILS plate, since that’s the direction I’m heading for permanent display.

ae6903ae8f6c8f1251659f5afab599ca.jpg

bea74885be465b2a2f9b37fd2ed21411.jpg

f2ab4c97503f41817a53077c5828b309.jpg

8dcff74026288fa2d39d47d0f035af8a.jpg

2392b3e847d306b1e0d00626c5be0b61.jpg

bedb437e2ed908d8e55a2650a7e74149.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...