What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I finally decided to build my May the 4th GWP.  It is definitely lacking.  So I tried to improve it.  It would honestly be better with a X-Wing in the lead followed by the A-Wing, but I'm lacking parts to make a white X-Wing in micro scale.  I also shortened the tail fins on the A-Wing.

I added a second gun tower.  In RoTJ, the entrance was surrounded by turrets.

40407 SW Death Star II Battle GWP - MOC.jpg

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 5

On 5/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, exciter1 said:

I finally finished up 10195 - Republic Dropship w/ AT-OT this morning. My son and I broke out some of the other Clone Wars and ROTS sets for play time.

Noice, thanks for sharing the pics...especially the finished dropship...seeing them altogether, Man o man, the Twilight is a beast...beaten pretty bad with the ugly stick..and not in teh cool way like the falcon.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, exciter1 said:

I finally finished up 10195 - Republic Dropship w/ AT-OT this morning. My son and I broke out some of the other Clone Wars and ROTS sets for play time.

Nice group of sets.  I'll add one you'll need to get: 7675 AT-TE.  It works with the dropship although you need to mount it backwards as my son and I found out.  7675 has the same basic Technic handle the AT-TO.  Unfortunately, LEGO did not maintain that same functionality in the 75019 AT-TE set.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 1:14 AM, Furious_george said:

Halfway through Trex Rampage. Highly underrated set. Trex is huge.

I hate finding sets that I didn't know I needed. 🙂 how much did you pay for this bad boy? I never realized there was a collector's Jurassic Park set. The little Jeep is a nice touch, is it actually from the set? The T-Rex does look huge... Might have to grab this set regardless as it seems it would be good for resale value if I decided not to keep it.

46 minutes ago, baublitz said:

I hate finding sets that I didn't know I needed. 🙂 how much did you pay for this bad boy? I never realized there was a collector's Jurassic Park set. The little Jeep is a nice touch, is it actually from the set? The T-Rex does look huge... Might have to grab this set regardless as it seems it would be good for resale value if I decided not to keep it.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/jurassic-park-t-rex-rampage-75936

It's on backorder on LEGO Shop at Home right now.  I saw one in the LEGO store several months back.  It is VERY large.  It is one of those sets I keep telling myself, "I don't need it, I don't need it...."  

Just now, exracer327 said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/jurassic-park-t-rex-rampage-75936

It's on backorder on LEGO Shop at Home right now.  I saw one in the LEGO store several months back.  It is VERY large.  It is one of those sets I keep telling myself, "I don't need it, I don't need it...."  

When I saw this set on backorder...that's when I knew it the shortages were simply due to supply chain and less to do with set popularity

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

When I saw this set on backorder...that's when I knew it the shortages were simply due to supply chain and less to do with set popularity

That is interesting.  I thought the same thing when I saw Vader's Castle go on backorder.

Of course, it is also very telling which sets have never gone on backorder during this whole thing.  I suspect we'll be seeing some sales in the fall for some of those sets.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

As far as this set goes, I did find it on the Legoland California shop site. I bought a Harry Potter Lego there and it came pretty quick. One of those obscure places with limited selection but it might have what we need from time to time. Probably not going to get this set right now, will wait for a better deal but it's good to know that it's out there.

Finished up two more pirate ships and now I'll take a break, and maybe take them apart and pack them back up again. (Although the flagship still calls to be rebuilt first)

The OG Black Seas Barracuda is still awesome, even if it shows its age in a couple of spots. The Minifigure selection is great and the sails are in excellent condition. I'll have to replace a couple of pieces due to clasps breaking bit nothing too serious and much better quality than newer sets. The yellow really pops on this one.

Black Pearl is a favourite of mine because of how sleek it looks in all black, but it's a major pain to dust. ef8ec2f31472d7127fabf667594599f6.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, baublitz said:

it doesn't show the jeep anywhere on the box or web site. must be a little moc to go with it. great idea, though!

Not so much as build, and not even rebuild, but move.

I build the GE ages ago, and it’s been in display forever. I’ve wanted to move it to a MILS plate forever. I recently built the PC and began with that on a MILS plate for a base. So getting the GE on that as a base means I can display them together.

880af48416bd4b5a7d920793efe39bc6.jpg

• Like 5