What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

9 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Built a bunch of random sets to put up for sale. Nothing extraordinary but still pretty fun.

I've been doing that too. My daughter packed up her Friends and Disney sets a couple of years ago since she wasn't into them anymore. I've been tasking my son with rebuilding them to ensure they're complete. While he loves Lego, he hasn't been so enthusiastic about rebuilding Rapunzel's Tower and Cinderella's Castle. haha I've got more he needs to build too!

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, odysea11 said:
We added an LED light kit to our Treehouse. Looks awesome! Kind of a pain the ass though....I am now dreading putting on our LED kit for Hogwarts Castle!

Which kit did you go with? I wish I had mine when I was putting it together. But I do want to get a kit.

Which kit did you go with? I wish I had mine when I was putting it together. But I do want to get a kit.
The Lightailing LED Kit...not cheap, but adds awesome detail for your collections at night. Makes me want to do all of my displays...but I don't have the time nor the money....
  • Like 2

The Lightailing LED Kit...not cheap, but adds awesome detail for your collections at night. Makes me want to do all of my displays...but I don't have the time nor the money....

That’s who I picked up the Voltron, Pirate Coaster and Doctor Who light kits from.

Guess I’ll go place an order now...

On 7/24/2020 at 9:00 PM, odysea11 said:

We added an LED light kit to our Treehouse. Looks awesome! Kind of a pain the ass though....I am now dreading putting on our LED kit for Hogwarts Castle!

what you've got going on looks so much better than what they have on their website.

7 hours ago, sud28 said:

Built my first 3 Lego sets in almost 15 years. Can't wait to build and display the other skyline.

About the display:

I wanted to display my skyline sets using the Kasseby display boxes as posted by others. However, some of the newer sets are much deeper (>10cm) and did not fit in the boxes. Here is my alternative which in my opinion looks nicer and is cheaper:

Damn. That display is sharp. :ok:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

Most people aren't aware the 2 months ago I had a pretty serious stroke. Im only 45 and in good shape. Ends up I had a 13mm hole in my heart so it was only a matter of time. So since I have 6months off of work and with all the crazy stuff going on in the world I figured it was good therapy to get back to building. So this is the first think I have built. Turned out ok. Will be starting on Dr.Stranges house tomorrow.

IMAG1122.jpg

looks good and glad to hear you're on the mend...but maybe I'm clueless, but isn't a stroke a blockage in the brain...how related to hole in your heart?

25 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

Yes. The hole in my heart allowed a clot to enter the blood supply to my brain. Im fortunate that from just looking and talking to me you cant tell. I have some memory issues , constant tingling on my right side and some issues with my vision. All have been getting better amd building is good therapy .

It's good to see you back on.  Wish you the best.

30 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

Yes. The hole in my heart allowed a clot to enter the blood supply to my brain. Im fortunate that from just looking and talking to me you cant tell. I have some memory issues , constant tingling on my right side and some issues with my vision. All have been getting better amd building is good therapy .

thanks for the clarification...we're the same age. Luckily I haven't had such a major health issue but I gotta say, I do worry that a hammer might drop...I need to make better self care choices.

3 hours ago, Thanos75 said:

Sorry to hear man, keep healing...

This was a really fun build.  The instructions are split up nicely.  Even though some parts of the build are a bit repetitive those moments go by quickly and something new and novel gets built.  $199 would have been great but I still think this is worth the $229 I paid.

You do need to connect Mario to your phone at least once to update his software to allow him to understand the scan code on the TV.  If you don't, his stomach displays a cell phone on it with the bluetooth symbol.  Without updating, he'll response to the various colors as you cycle through the screen but interprets them as land and water etc instead of playing the right sounds that sync with what's on the TV.  I love the TV build.  Even without function its just so retro it's great. 

20200816_094313.jpg

• Like 7

On 8/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, oneknightr said:

Finally finished Ewok Village to prep it to sell after getting my last bricklink order. This was a really fun build. It was cool seeing the trees come together. Even though there are several trunks, it never felt repetitive at all. The finished set looks great too. 

It's a shame the previous owner wrote on a couple of the covers and pages in the manual. 

I’m not a huge fan of play-oriented sets, but this is still one of my favorite sets that I’ve built. It looks great on display and was a really fun build. One of the few sets in my collection that I’ve built twice.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...