What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Can’t wait to get started on the 75292 Razor Crest set. It arrived yesterday from amazon. Nine #’d bags and 1 loose cockpit printed element.

Honesty, it’s the last LEGO set in a LONG time that I really, really anticipated building. The last ones w/ this level of excitement were probably the UCS Sandcrawler, Monster Fighters Haunted House, & Indiana Jones sets

c9abd77ea169805139ad36ca6a57ada4.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Can’t wait to get started on the 75292 Razor Crest set. It arrived yesterday from amazon. Nine #’d bags and 1 loose cockpit printed element.

Honesty, it’s the last LEGO set in a LONG time that I really, really anticipated building. The last ones w/ this level of excitement were probably the UCS Sandcrawler, Monster Fighters Haunted House, & Indiana Jones sets

I feel the same way.  The Ideas Treehouse was also up there for me.  I started building it the day it got here.

But I'm anxiously awaiting my Razor Crest getting here on Tuesday.  I put in a preorder the first 15 minutes it became available back in February.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Definitely a top list / can't wait to build set for me, too.

• Like 1

Selling some of my personal sets I have had in storage. Built this yesterday, took some pics, tore it down today. Removing the floor tiles is a killer on the fingernails. 

I really like the set but I just have too many. Going to sell down some of the modulars & focus on a theme park. There are finally enough carnival sets to do a nice one. Won't abandon Simpsons entirely, kwik-e is staying. 

IMG_9596.jpg

IMG_9605.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zaphoid said:

My son has spent about 10 days putting this together during the weekends and after school.  And, I've got to say its an impressive looking set.

It always amazes me how much better lego sets look in person than the box, or even YouTube videos can portray. Like the first time I saw a SeaCow in person. It went from a "really cool looking set" to a must have set. I bet seeing the treehouse in 3D is no different.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

It always amazes me how much better lego sets look in person than the box, or even YouTube videos can portray. Like the first time I saw a SeaCow in person. It went from a "really cool looking set" to a must have set. I bet seeing the treehouse in 3D is no different.  

The SeaCow is potentially my favorite build ever. Not a single part felt tedious, it went together fluidly, and looks incredible.

Come to think of it, I left it off of my top 10 and I can't think of how. It is definitely my favorite set that I continually forget I have.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

It really is incredible, he's actually been saving money for over a year to buy it and we got really worried once he got the money and then it was no where to be found.  Luckily we were able to get one off of Amazon at the beginning of the month.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, zaphoid said:

It really is incredible, he's actually been saving money for over a year to buy it and we got really worried once he got the money and then it was no where to be found.  Luckily we were able to get one off of Amazon at the beginning of the month.

unique enough set that I'm not sure that it gets the axe. if it does it will be out again in less than 6 months. 

4 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

the over reaction to this is embarrassing. is this all we are gonna read here now, XXXX is retiring, dont buy it its coming out again next week. lego simply cannot do it. its impossible.

Of course you are right. Lego cant and wont do every Set. But they do Ideas Sets again now...and even Sets that arent the MVPs of the line...so in my Book this means Ideas could turn out to be a mine field right now when you want to hold something for longer. Dont get me wrong I bought and I will continue buy treehouses...but I dump them as soon as possible. Thats how I deal with Ideas Sets the next 12 months at least.

Edited by benjamin4172

4 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

Of course you are right. Lego cant and wont do every Set. But they do Ideas Sets again now...and even Sets that arent the MVPs of the line...so in my Book this means Ideas could turn out to be a mine field right now when you want to hold something for longer. Dont get me wrong I bought and I will continue buy treehouses...but I dump them as soon as possible. Thats how I deal with Ideas Sets the next 12 months at least.

it will be a mine field, but it MUST RETIRE AT SOME POINT. 

i'v been thinking, can lego continue to advertise its product as retiring, if they intentionally intend to re-release it, surly that's false advertising?

Edited by joneyyy1981

1 minute ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i'v been thinking, can lego continue to advertise its product as retiring, if they intentionally intend to re-release it, surly that's false advertising?

Yeah think so...but if they release it with another Box and Number...maybe its legally ok...

14 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Interesting point, surely it is deceptive advertising. But in the real world, what's the damages? Little Timmy sues because he bought it too early thinking it would retire - Instead of buying next year so he lost his .0001% interest on the year. The resellers are the ones hurting, myself included. But just feels like it would be a super flimsy case as the product is marketed to the end user not speculators.

After my initial overreaction (I have tons of Saturns and ships, my 2 biggest holdings) it does seem like this is related specifically to the IDEAS line - as it has a relatively short life span and LEGO realized they dont need to predetermine the length all because its an IDEA set, if its popular theyll keep it 2-3 years like other lines. That's why I'm still convinced Treehouse is the biggest risk. Its only been out 14 months and its very popular. If someone can distinguish between the ship in a bottle set and treehouse I'm all ears. 

Amazon currently somehow just found 1000+ Treehouses. Def. not a good sign. And I'm fully invested so I do hope I'm wrong.....

Made a 4ft square table out of wood and put it in my basement. Finished the Astronomy Tower and added it to the Great Hall, Whomping Willow and Clock Tower Sets. Ive set up a small track for the Hogwarts Express that loops around the 4 larger sets that have been recently released for the line. My 5 and 3 year old girls love it even if they haven't seen any of the movies and we have yet to read them the books.

I figure it will be a seasonal table we can swap out a display. After Halloween, i'll be turning it into my Winter Village setup. Later today Ill try and get a picture of what we have so far, but its very "played with" and not as pretty, but it makes me glad they they're happy.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Made a 4ft square table out of wood and put it in my basement. Finished the Astronomy Tower and added it to the Great Hall, Whomping Willow and Clock Tower Sets. Ive set up a small track for the Hogwarts Express that loops around the 4 larger sets that have been recently released for the line. My 5 and 3 year old girls love it even if they haven't seen any of the movies and we have yet to read them the books.

I figure it will be a seasonal table we can swap out a display. After Halloween, i'll be turning it into my Winter Village setup. Later today Ill try and get a picture of what we have so far, but its very "played with" and not as pretty, but it makes me glad they they're happy.

Pics!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I just today scored a Clocktower for $54 at Walmart and got the Astronomy tower for $75 last week. I'm excited to do a similar thing with mine. This sounds awesome. My 3 year old daughter who I dress in all my favorite characters from Hogwarts undies to Baby Yoda tees has no idea what those things actually are, which I think is hilarious.