What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

They lost me a little with the Winter Village series - The first years were great, with the Cottage, the Bakery, the Post Office and such. I like the quaintness of a winter town under the Christmas tree. The Winter Village Market was ok, but Santa's Workshop didn't fit very well, and Gingerbread and Elf Clubhouse sadly continue that trend.

For this year I am going to build Medieval Market Village instead and replace the roofs with snowy versions, and add that to the Cottage, Bakery, Post Office and Toy Store.

• Like 4

They lost me a little with the Winter Village series - The first years were great, with the Cottage, the Bakery, the Post Office and such. I like the quaintness of a winter town under the Christmas tree. The Winter Village Market was ok, but Santa's Workshop didn't fit very well, and Gingerbread and Elf Clubhouse sadly continue that trend.
For this year I am going to build Medieval Market Village instead and replace the roofs with snowy versions, and add that to the Cottage, Bakery, Post Office and Toy Store.

That’s my plan (someday) as well. I’ve had a MM sitting there for...7 years now? With the idea of doing exactly what you’re proposing.

I agree with you about Santa’s House, etc. If space and budget were no issue, my plan would be to put this three up on a mountain plateau, overlooking the Winter Village.
  • Like 1

Sounds like no one needs a Fire House in their Winter Village. I only got into the WV sets a few years back. I have the Toy Shop, Fire Station, Train and Station, Bakery and GB House and a bunch of the smaller seasonal sets to sprinkle intermittently. I do wish I had Santas Workshop, but I do believe that it will be remade in the future to acomodate the Elf House.

10 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Sounds like no one needs a Fire House in their Winter Village. I only got into the WV sets a few years back. I have the Toy Shop, Fire Station, Train and Station, Bakery and GB House and a bunch of the smaller seasonal sets to sprinkle intermittently. I do wish I had Santas Workshop, but I do believe that it will be remade in the future to acomodate the Elf House.

I'm hoping Fire House will be less hoarded and then able to be sold to completists for a premium since it's kind of an oddball. The problem with WV sets is that interest is very much reduced for three quarters of the year. They were half off locally during the winter sale here in January and I gave them a wide berth.

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

7029: Skeleton Ship attack. Cleaned and dried a bulk lot last week, built this Halloween morning.  Now moving on to some star wars builds from 2006-08 era. 9689499C-65B5-46A7-8B97-AB7C8920FEE8.thumb.jpeg.06de66282d6c8e5ffd0bf38f77db70e3.jpeg

That series of castle is my all-time favorite.  Someone in Berlin must have done the TRU Buy 3 Get 33% OFF multiple times to pull this off.

Berlin 3.jpg

Berlin 11.jpg

Berlin 15.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today was a sad day for me. Had to put our pet bunny to sleep. He was fine then all of a sudden stopped eating. Vet said rabbits are funny like that. We found him when the neighbor said a rabbit was running around their yard. He walked right up to us. He was blind in one eye and almost blind in the other. Took him home and fed and cleaned him up. Put ads out for a lost bunny but nobody claimed him. So he became our pet. We named him Stew. He was an awesome buddy and even litter box trained. The kids and me will miss him.

16043543477774212318890686748112.jpg

Edited by Thanos75
  • Like 6
  • Sad 12

Last night I built LEGO 30628 Monster book of Monsters. Really fun built with a large variety of pieces and building techniques considering the piece count. It has wheels and when you push it the mouth opens and the tongue can wiggle. Well worth the $20 and a great display piece.

I posted a speed build on TikTok (same name) if that interests anyone.

B1740C25-B3AA-41A1-A44B-7E2B0D373683.png

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, bonusbrick said:

Last night I built LEGO 30628 Monster book of Monsters. Really fun built with a large variety of pieces and building techniques considering the piece count. It has wheels and when you push it the mouth opens and the tongue can wiggle. Well worth the $20 and a great display piece.

I posted a speed build on TikTok (same name) if that interests anyone.

B1740C25-B3AA-41A1-A44B-7E2B0D373683.png

where did you get it

4 minutes ago, bonusbrick said:

Lego Land Discovery Center, Schaumburg, IL, Monday November 2nd.

They also had a 77905 Taskmaster's Ambush that I picked up and said they received a few 77904 Nebulon-B Frigates on Saturday but sold out same day.

can't wait till one of these opens in the SF Bay Area (I had gotten tickets to be one of the first ones, but CV postponed Opening to 2021)...new local source for special LEGO sets.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

can't wait till one of these opens in the SF Bay Area (I had gotten tickets to be one of the first ones, but CV postponed Opening to 2021)...new local source for special LEGO sets.

I didn't even know they were slated to open in April at the Great Mall in Milpitas. Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Was quite surprised that Amazon marked my largest order (72) of Frigates as shipped...so I cracked open a Bespin Duel. Created a new display to take to work Monday.

20201114_125838.thumb.jpg.d708ba416bdbd112f9e2a0e194cd0719.jpg

The reason for the floating hand is that Vader was in full belief that Luke would join him...so he grabbed it using the force. When Luke agreed to take his father's side Vader reached out to him and said "let me give you a hand, son". Cue the live audience laughter and applause.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, thedingman5 said:

Sensing a need to MOC up a whole host of other colors....

image.jpg

I know a lot of people rag on these, but I love them.  Can't wait to get mine in the mail today.  One nitpick, I'm thinking I prefer red with its discs to teal's dots on top.  

• Like 3