What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Over the past few weeks I've been on a Technic kick. Next is the Bugatti, of which I will need to find the space to mount both that and the Porsche 911 on the Wall, to make room ALSO for the Ferrari F88 GTE. But I think ill omit the stickers to make that one a road LM car. The McLaren Senna GTR is also on my purchase list as it will fit in the hauler.IMG_3093.thumb.JPG.ac68233f583a76a7e515eb02ffe01390.JPG

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Over the past few weeks I've been on a Technic kick. Next is the Bugatti, of which I will need to find the space to mount both that and the Porsche 911 on the Wall, to make room ALSO for the Ferrari F88 GTE. But I think ill omit the stickers to make that one a road LM car. The McLaren Senna GTR is also on my purchase list as it will fit in the hauler.IMG_3093.thumb.JPG.ac68233f583a76a7e515eb02ffe01390.JPG

I always found these wall mounts by the wheels to look really clean:

image.jpeg.6259d454d0a25890d5ba64629a9f84ab.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

@$20 on joe vs danis that your set-up? What kind of wall mounts did you use?

no it's not

you get order the wheel hooks on ebay or Etsy.  the wheels just hook on and holds the whole set. Kinda of a Tron thing but displays the cars beautifully and unobstructed.  Also easy to take off and examine the cars which I think is lost when putting the cars behind glass

Maybe we should have an off-shoot:

What LEGO-Set-Did-You-Take-Apart-Today

Lego Captain Rex's AT-TE

I honestly do not know WHY this set has relatively under-performed.  It's use in the series is epic as well as the nostalgia of bringing back some beloved CLone Troopers...add to that the Sith brother (BTW which are going to be brought back in the Kenobi series...rumor that Han from FF will be the fifth brother).  The set itself is pretty unique and has some cool functions as well as being a landing pad for the phantom.

anyhoo kicking myself for not getting some extra back wehn it was on 3rd party BM store for $119...finally found a used one so I won't need to break the seal on my NISB. That one will be going in "the vault"

• 2 weeks later...

Pirate Ship. Bought this after someone, can’t recall who but thanks, posted on the DD thread Amazon $85 and I had a $5 promo credit and 5%CB so not a bad deal. I had been wanting to build this one but wasn’t paying $100 because it just didn’t look worth it and it never seemed to go on sale in a year. 

It is an excellent brick built ship with a few neat techniques and angles. It is really well detailed and if you can get past the brick built sails I would say it is better than almost every lego ship under $100 in the past 10 years. It is really solid and would make for a great play set. The B build looks interesting, uses most of the parts, and I will hopefully get around to that this winter. 

A1F105E1-3502-4B0C-B454-384D3009DC27.jpeg

• Like 5

Pirate Ship. Bought this after someone, can’t recall who but thanks, posted on the DD thread Amazon $85 and I had a $5 promo credit and 5%CB so not a bad deal. I had been wanting to build this one but wasn’t paying $100 because it just didn’t look worth it and it never seemed to go on sale in a year. 

It is an excellent brick built ship with a few neat techniques and angles. It is really well detailed and if you can get past the brick built sails I would say it is better than almost every lego ship under $100 in the past 10 years. It is really solid and would make for a great play set. The B build looks interesting, uses most of the parts, and I will hopefully get around to that this winter. 

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_10/A1F105E1-3502-4B0C-B454-384D3009DC27.thumb.jpeg.5e3b742e4de4378984262a479483ccf9.jpeg

I built all 3 earlier this year. It’s a great set, and all three builds are fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, redghostx said:

I built the haunted tower/house over the last 2 weeks. It was a nice, interesting build and I really appreciate Lego trying to add a story into the instructions.

The elevator mechanism is cool and I look forward to motorizing it.a54b4e369cea19d137fa3cf4c8a775c5.jpg

Yay LEGO!

So which is the better build/display set for you, amd what are the green papers on the wall behind them. I still have both of these NISB to get to someday. 

Both are great sets. But for display, the older one. The new Haunted House is just too large and doesn't have as much outside character. It's very imposing, but has really cool building techniques, while the smaller house is like a typical modular build that happens to open like a book opposed to horizontal levels. I've built and kept the larger house assembled because of the tower repetition. Careful with the brown bricks in the older haunted house as they're brittle. A few of mine have broken, but it just adds to the spooky-ness.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So which is the better build/display set for you, amd what are the green papers on the wall behind them. I still have both of these NISB to get to someday. 
The Haunted House is the superior set.
Both have their benefits and the tower has some interesting techniques with some lousy 1x1/1x2 brick usage. But the tower is designed to be something different and it isn't haunted at all, it's just an attraction. The haunted house fits in with other themes, displays great by itself, has glow in the dark ghosts, and can have Santa on top of the chimney.

The green tape is for a piece of art or if I decide to hang up the larger mirror waiting in the adjacent room.

Yay LEGO!

• Like 3

On 10/26/2021 at 2:47 PM, CosmicSpeed said:

Both are great sets. But for display, the older one. The new Haunted House is just too large and doesn't have as much outside character. It's very imposing, but has really cool building techniques, while the smaller house is like a typical modular build that happens to open like a book opposed to horizontal levels. I've built and kept the larger house assembled because of the tower repetition. Careful with the brown bricks in the older haunted house as they're brittle. A few of mine have broken, but it just adds to the spooky-ness.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

On 10/26/2021 at 6:50 PM, redghostx said:

Both have their benefits and the tower has some interesting techniques with some lousy 1x1/1x2 brick usage. But the tower is designed to be something different and it isn't haunted at all, it's just an attraction. The haunted house fits in with other themes, displays great by itself, has glow in the dark ghosts, and can have Santa on top of the chimney.

The green tape is for a piece of art or if I decide to hang up the larger mirror waiting in the adjacent room.

Yay LEGO!

Thanks guys, but we went with the newer one. Just finished the first part live streamed today ;)

She is too polished with the Pumpkin Fan Club thing. I am certain she was a Cam girl prior to being a LEGO gal   

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2021 at 6:50 PM, redghostx said:

Yay LEGO!

Agreed! The Haunted House was one of my first modular size buildings and it's still one of my favorite sets of all time.

Very tempted to buy the other though also and modular it to make it a house OR a house that was renovated into an art gallery. Would most likely shorten the tower in that case and use the parts elsewhere in the modification. Hoping for a discount somehow

• Like 1

Thanks guys, but we went with the newer one. Just finished the first part live streamed today
She is too polished with the Pumpkin Fan Club thing. I am certain she was a Cam girl prior to being a LEGO gal   

My wife prefers the new one because it's taller and cleaner. She lets me play with Lego, making it hard for me to argue against her point. :)

Yay LEGO!

• Like 3