What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

can you fit the small one under the legs of the UCS?

The picture distorts the scale somewhat but yes the system scale model easily fits under. 

I probably won’t have time to finish building this week. My impressions so far:  Lots of technic bits go into the build but it’s fun. It’s a fantastic $640 UCS set that Lego tacked an extra 20% onto for die hard AT-AT fans such as myself. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mathew said:

The picture distorts the scale somewhat but yes the system scale model easily fits under. 

I probably won’t have time to finish building this week. My impressions so far:  Lots of technic bits go into the build but it’s fun. It’s a fantastic $640 UCS set that Lego tacked an extra 20% onto for die hard AT-AT fans such as myself. 

is it as repetitious as it looks to build the 4 legs?  Are you basically building all 4 at the same time?

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

is it as repetitious as it looks to build the 4 legs?  Are you basically building all 4 at the same time?

Repetitive yes. But surprisingly I enjoyed it. More so than the 2020 system scale AT-AT. I think it’s due to the complexity that keeps it more engaging. Basically build all four parts at the same time. I felt like one of Santa’s elves tooling away. YMMV of course. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Nice! Figured folks were flipping their broncos out of the gate?

quite a few are,  originally planned to, but for now am enjoying it.

Not worried about this one dropping much over time.  The Lightning Blue will be the color collectors want being the only exclusive to the first edition.

quite a few are,  originally planned to, but for now am enjoying it.
Not worried about this one dropping much over time.  The Lightning Blue will be the color collectors want being the only exclusive to the first edition.

There's an exclusive colour to this set? I had no idea and I own a bunch of SC sets to build, thanks for the heads up so I can grab one.

Yay LEGO!

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

Another year.... another kid.... same train. It's clear that no form of non permanent birth control can defeat our ultra fertility.

A couple more years and you'll have a six pack. I can remember each of these as they were posted. It is clear you love your wife and for that I raise my glass of, well, eggnog to be seasonal I guess. (Non-alcoholic, of course.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I finished rebuilding 10255 Assembly Square this morning.

I ended up completing 8 modulars and the Lantern Festival in Mils. Only 6 modulars plus extras to go next year.

I hope to run Christmas lights through the town next year, but between life, a second child, and the fact I didn't even get to build the Christmas sets this year, I doubt it happens.

Merry Christmas everybody.ad94d8f24b7d35dab487d324b2913379.jpg

Yay LEGO!

Merry Christmas!

I’ve been building assembly square for the past two maybe three months, I’m ashamed to admit. Lol. Time to knock it out, I’m on the #6 bags.

I finished rebuilding 10255 Assembly Square this morning.

I ended up completing 8 modulars and the Lantern Festival in Mils. Only 6 modulars plus extras to go next year.

I hope to run Christmas lights through the town next year, but between life, a second child, and the fact I didn't even get to build the Christmas sets this year, I doubt it happens.

Merry Christmas everybody.
ad94d8f24b7d35dab487d324b2913379.jpg

Yay LEGO!

Love it! I love Stay Puft, but dang I wish we could get an official brick built Stay Puft.
  • Like 1