What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

21 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

What’s the dimensions of that table?

It’s an IKEA Meltorp. 29.5 wide, 49.25 long, 29.125 tall. 

They also sell a square version. 29.5 W and L. 

I have six for our Lego city. Just a smidge small for an even number of base plates, but since they’re all on Mils plates it’s cool. Cheap too  

image.jpg

And while we’re on the subject of things I like for building Lego, this little number is the sweetest. Almost makes dusting fun  

65292BD3-FD3A-4013-A7D2-5B4C7FF902CE.jpeg

70DC5D7A-B2CB-4185-9C10-B5E310DFEAFA.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Thanks. Like I said in another thread, I’m trying to figure out something for my new house. I’m thinking of doing some sort of IKEA hack. Definitely want a long table top, so that helps.

i’m a very skilled builder, with a full professional shop, (I welded up a custom build table for Pete’s sake) and after many iterations this was the highest quality/cheapest solution. The tables are very sturdy.  I considered putting a piece of half-inch MDF on the top to fix the “little bit too short“ problem, but it was unnecessary. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, House Schubert said:

It’s an IKEA Meltorp. 29.5 wide, 49.25 long, 29.125 tall. 

They also sell a square version. 29.5 W and L. 

I have six for our Lego city. Just a smidge small for an even number of base plates, but since they’re all on Mils plates it’s cool. Cheap too  

image.jpg

And while we’re on the subject of things I like for building Lego, this little number is the sweetest. Almost makes dusting fun  

65292BD3-FD3A-4013-A7D2-5B4C7FF902CE.jpeg

70DC5D7A-B2CB-4185-9C10-B5E310DFEAFA.jpeg

suck or blow?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mathew said:

Built the AT-ST. Very detailed and compliments the UCS AT-AT nicely. Canabilized the Probe Droid stand for the Snowspeeder. Probe Droid is now a parts pack. 

C700A372-DDCA-4531-B21F-0176FDE1597B.jpeg

Not sure if you have seen this and doesn’t really apply to the way you have your set displayed, but I do like the look of fixing those gaps. 

12 hours ago, House Schubert said:

For anyone interested, Amazon claims this is the newer model. It has a better average review score and is currently being offered with a 40% off coupon, bringing the cost down to  $16.19. At that price, I figure it's hard to go wrong!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SM7BDL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:45 PM, marcandre said:

Just finished the sitcom tower that's on rebrickable. Wanted a way to get Seinfeld into my modular city. Love how it turned out. 

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

I love this! It looks like there are a few options on rebrickable for similar builds, but I’m not sure which one this is. Would you mind sharing a link to the instructions you used for this?

14 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

I love this! It looks like there are a few options on rebrickable for similar builds, but I’m not sure which one this is. Would you mind sharing a link to the instructions you used for this?

This is the builders page https://rebrickable.com/users/LegoArtisan/mocs/

Mine is the Seinfeld apt added to this https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-79570/LegoArtisan/friends-apartment/#details

He has a lot of options. I don't like Friends but I needed a base for the Seinfeld apartment & wanted it to be big. 

My dream show for this treatment would be Married with Children. That will never happen though. 

Edited by marcandre
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Not sure if you have seen this and doesn’t really apply to the way you have your set displayed, but I do like the look of fixing those gaps. 

I might look into it.  The gaps are due to the designer making the interior displayable so I've kind of accepted them (though my OCD does not).  I definitely want to replace the tan tiles in the armor though.  That almost seems like a mistake on Lego's part.  

sc1.jpg.c0fb195f6a4a1fbb83a8043de3419683.jpgsc8.jpg.9512fb6300059e201cd24121be8cc6f9.jpgsc3.jpg.81e4f9da9a6e02289bbbc1a11dc4052c.jpgsc9.jpg.e25052a4a1dcbdb483194d9ec32e8dc1.jpgsc10.jpg.1e69b5541ae7dc10033902a048a69d8c.jpgsc5.jpg.c8ffcebc65526e5059356bbe072487ba.jpgsc7.jpg.0a380188e941144a35a9f2c9c40c0bf9.jpg

Popped open a set from the build pile! Glad I did :). Was sorely lacking this in the star wars display. And...NO STICKERS! Just four nice printed pieces. Also brought down some other sets for dusting but as they're from Tatooine, I'm convincing myself to save the effort as they "look better dusty" 

• Like 3