What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Congrats on the 10305 Castle build- it is what is, and still looks fantastic. I just bought my second Creator 3:1 Castle and was wondering if you could pass the URL to the MOC you recommend. I like this guy's stuff (https://rebrickable.com/users/Gr33tje13/mocs/). He has really interesting combos leveraging the Castle, Viking Ship, and Blacksmith.
This one one is very nice
http://www.jordandevries.com/black-falcon-knights-castle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Congrats on the 10305 Castle build- it is what is, and still looks fantastic. I just bought my second Creator 3:1 Castle and was wondering if you could pass the URL to the MOC you recommend. I like this guy's stuff (https://rebrickable.com/users/Gr33tje13/mocs/). He has really interesting combos leveraging the Castle, Viking Ship, and Blacksmith.

I did this one, well I tried 3 first I built all 3 of the Lego versions and combined them, then I did the one with the tall tower but those instructions weren’t the best so I went with this one because I thought it looked best when displayed opened up and only uses 2 sets:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-82242/BrickType/medieval-castle-ii-mod-combining-two-3-in-1-castles-31120/#details

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don’t mind the dust it has been sitting there for over 2 years, but I built the Ray GWP set. It definitely will fit in good with PoBB but it is more like they took last’s months Pirate VIP polybag and some spare parts we all have lying around put them in a great box with really good instructions and made a set out of them. 

I give this one a B Factor of 4. 

C6170811-F03C-404C-A4EB-122AAD37A024.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Just want to say that my boy and I finally finished the UCS Millennium Falcon that was originally started during the Covid home bunkering May of 2020 (I may have mentioned that build in other posts over the "years").  It was a very specific goal for my recent birthday.

No single thing killed me and my son's love for building LEGO as that project...getting it used was the 1st mistake.  we would come across a missing piece which led to frustration and ultimately us avoiding building for months.  Neither one of us has been able to build anything else (despite the ever growing backlog for me and my boy) due to the guilt of leaving that one unfinished....especially since it has taken up rent in our living room to the disdain of my wife.

congratulations !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got to spend some time building a couple sets this weekend.

Speed Champions - Lamborghini Countach: Let me 5 year old build it and she did a great job.  Really amazed at some of the techniques they used to get some of the classic angles and designs of the original vehicle.  I'm sure it will be heavily hoarded but it is a top notch build. 

Optimus Prime: This one I built myself and it really hit all the nostalgia marks on the head.  I'm a huge sucker for robots and mechs in general and this is no exception.  With the added benefit of transformations it is a great build and certainly feels like a big step up from the Kreo product license.  Wish the legs had a bit more poseability to them and the hands were a little more intricate.  But for the piece count and price point it's forgiven.  Maybe we'll get a UCS Prime in a few years.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Speed Champions - Lamborghini Countach: Let me 5 year old build it and she did a great job.  Really amazed at some of the techniques they used to get some of the classic angles and designs of the original vehicle.  I'm sure it will be heavily hoarded but it is a top notch build. 

I was also really impressed with the techniques they squeezed into this small set. Really neat.

On 10/24/2022 at 8:05 AM, scratchdesk said:

Optimus Prime: This one I built myself and it really hit all the nostalgia marks on the head.  I'm a huge sucker for robots and mechs in general and this is no exception.  With the added benefit of transformations it is a great build and certainly feels like a big step up from the Kreo product license.  Wish the legs had a bit more poseability to them and the hands were a little more intricate.  But for the piece count and price point it's forgiven.  Maybe we'll get a UCS Prime in a few years.

I don't need the UCS (love the current scale and price point)...rather have the Trailer and roller...and top of the list is a Megatron (altho no way LEGO releases any set that would be a gun)

I want to say we, but my 10yo son built the Haunted House and finished it in three days. I bought this loose set years ago and finally got around to building it. I can see why it's so well-liked. It looks amazing as a standalone house and my son loves how detailed the interior is. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_10/IMG_9665.thumb.jpg.a69f30a9dfeacea834f7ecce09c47124.jpg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_10/IMG_9666.thumb.jpg.58750121e37ee1475b45d18412cb1387.jpg
One of my favourite sets and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I pulled out the bags this week, but with an infant it's not getting built. It's so much better than the haunted tower set.

Yay LEGO!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 1:04 PM, oneknightr said:

I want to say we, but my 10yo son built the Haunted House and finished it in three days. I bought this loose set years ago and finally got around to building it. I can see why it's so well-liked. It looks amazing as a standalone house and my son loves how detailed the interior is.

I still have mine from years ago built and proudly on display. It has become rather dusty, and I should do something about that. Then again, that isn't me being lazy. It's realism! Haha. Anyway, it simply is a nice and fun set all around. Only weak point, no Scooby Doo.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 5:37 AM, MrToes16 said:

Built 40521 Disney Haunted House. It’s a neat building but the set as a whole is pretty plain. I added landscaping and cemetery details to make it look more presentable.

BA868455-DB0D-460F-B7AB-FBD6B5A7A824.jpeg

CCB4DE18-34BC-49EF-89E4-4909E0F128AD.jpeg

6F1F4098-EB71-4ADE-BD7B-B4B7C1F80635.jpeg

This is really cool. The only thing that would make this better is a huge line with those little microfigures.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

There hasn't been many sets that I just couldn't wait to build.  This one got the best of me and I spent the money and worked on it with my son.  He's still a bit young so he lost interest part way in until it was finished.  The set is fantastic, the build is awesome, the final model is outstanding.  Can't sing enough praises for this set.  The kids enjoyed playing with it for a bit, moving the head and shooting the fireball at each other.

IMG_2942.jpeg

I watched 2 reviews both saying this will most likely be the best set of the year.  I have no interest in Mario but after watching it looks amazing what they did with the build to make it like a puppet. I wish they used the same new build style on the new Hulkbuster. 

Still think it is overpriced but will get 1 to build when the $250 GWP hits later this month.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I watched 2 reviews both saying this will most likely be the best set of the year.  I have no interest in Mario but after watching it looks amazing what they did with the build to make it like a puppet. I wish they used the same new build style on the new Hulkbuster. 

Still think it is overpriced but will get 1 to build when the $250 GWP hits later this month.

I went into it blind having only seen the photos.  But the kiddo loves Bowser so that influenced me a bit more.

I grabbed it from Kohl's one of the times it was in stock. $50 in KC I could pick a better "GWP". 🙃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scratchdesk said:

There hasn't been many sets that I just couldn't wait to build.  This one got the best of me and I spent the money and worked on it with my son.  He's still a bit young so he lost interest part way in until it was finished.  The set is fantastic, the build is awesome, the final model is outstanding.  Can't sing enough praises for this set.  The kids enjoyed playing with it for a bit, moving the head and shooting the fireball at each other.

IMG_2942.jpeg

of the ridiculously massive (and expensive) sets LEGO has been putting out lately...this one is my fave too.

I still won't get one, but glad to get 1st person accounts on the build/play.  thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...