What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

• 3 weeks later...

Haven’t been building much recently so figured I would get back into it with my first ever Duplo set that I got from the Amazon $64 sale. This is the 5th largest Duplo set ever, 2 castles I never saw before must be huge and 2 parts packs. Not bad at all some of the parts are pretty amazing and it is a 2 in 1. Just broke it down and boxed it up to send to my grandson. 

Next up is the Tallneck. 

ED871C91-CF9C-4C4D-8E7A-292D37B99AAC.jpeg

6F78C200-F209-40E2-B900-83C87B5310BA.jpeg

EBF1DF1D-8387-4725-ABA7-D9E0B351D51F.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

A-Frame Cabin. Part of my review submitted to Lego:

There are 15 numbered bags with some having multiples. 5 of them go to the 2 side builds and the exterior side walls require 2 more, while the remaining 8 go towards the goodness of the modular style build. Perhaps leave off the side builds and give us a larger cabin or decrease the price.

The build is challenging at times, aligning those Thor’s hammers just right was not the most enjoyable task. The interior is very tight for larger hands and you need to be extra careful when building the front and back sides as not to move anything out of alignment.

Some positives: no stickers, some great printed elements and awesome detailed interior, just not enough of it. Lackluster Minifigures and very little usable space for them make this a display set only. The front deck rocking chair actually  touches the deck railing it is too cramped, 1 stud wider would have made a big difference.

The set does look great just not even close to the Medieval Blacksmith set that used to cost $30 less and has far superior Minifigures. 

DD80C86F-DBB7-4CB2-9C88-5F67F40FA6F5.jpeg

F7F1581C-B7BC-45BD-BDE0-B8639055BC1A.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Brick_Dude said:

Finished 10219, Maersk Container Train, this weekend.  Received it 10 years ago from someone who said there were missing pieces and their kid was not interested in Lego so gave the open box to me with original bags inside with one ziplock of the few bags that had been opened.  Turns out there were only 5 pieces missing from what had been assembled, all were common that I had on hand.  Box, instructions and complete kit.  Now fully assembled and on the shelf.

No pics?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...