What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

9 hours ago, Mathew said:

It needed a boat. Or some marauders attacking. Like you said it is only good. But not interesting enough for me to want to display. 

I was just comparing it to Eldorado which has the boat and 4 more Minifigures but costs $85 more for roughly the same piece count that the boat would make up. I passed on Eldorado thought it was overpriced. 

Built several sets over the holidays.

The 76911 DB5 was a gift from my boys.  This was my first of the larger Speed Champion sets, which I think I like a little more than the smaller ones.  I've been watching some Jang reviews, so I may be more sensitive to the sticker issues because of that, but the color match of the stickers is not there and the two on each side are large and stand out.

The 75890 F40 was because my youngest really didn't know I sold Lego and had a bunch of sets in storage.  When I showed him, this is what he picked out.  I don't really enjoy building these smaller models.

The 76237 Thanos ship thing was half off damaged box.  It's fine.  Pretty good for swooshing and you get a Captain Marvel figure that you can beat up on.

The 753118 Baby Yoda was more than half off damaged box.  The build was good, it was what I expected, but the finished model looks good on display.

IMG_6048.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I was just comparing it to Eldorado which has the boat and 4 more Minifigures but costs $85 more for roughly the same piece count that the boat would make up. I passed on Eldorado thought it was overpriced. 

Yeah Eldorado doesn’t do it for me either. I think they adhered a bit too much to original set though the addition of the boat was a nice touch. If a set can wow me then I don’t mind paying a premium for it. 

• Like 1

Couple of recent Ebay purchases and builds. All prices include shipping and tax.

7936 Level Crossing - $33 after a BL order for missing parts

7997 Train Station - $66 after a BL order for missing parts

8386 Ferrari F1 Racer 1:10 - $96

42125 Ferrari 488 GTE AF Corse #51 - $119 (this was a purchase from 2022)

42000 Grand Prix Racer - $103

396acd6541921b733c37a4f4d022560a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Starry Night, hmm, this one is very interesting, different and challenging. It is more like a rebrickable MOC and definitely is an IDEAS set. There are mistakes in the instructions on pages 56 and 62 which makes you think that you are missing pieces but once you realize it and go back and fix the build with a color swap it just gets brutally harder with the Night Sky Wall. Dark green and dark blue look very similar under yellow incandescent lights. They give you 2 extra 1X4s in all of the colors knowing mistakes will be made. I built a temporary stand to make building the wall more stable. 

The final product looks amazing with the 3-D depth effect and the ingenuity used for the tree build is definitely next level. Build 8 Display 9 Play 1 because it does come with a minifigure. Value 7. 

IMG_4439.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

• Like 5

Starry Night, hmm, this one is very interesting, different and challenging. It is more like a rebrickable MOC and definitely is an IDEAS set. There are mistakes in the instructions on pages 56 and 62 which makes you think that you are missing pieces but once you realize it and go back and fix the build with a color swap it just gets brutally harder with the Night Sky Wall. Dark green and dark blue look very similar under yellow incandescent lights. They give you 2 extra 1X4s in all of the colors knowing mistakes will be made. I built a temporary stand to make building the wall more stable. 

The final product looks amazing with the 3-D depth effect and the ingenuity used for the tree build is definitely next level. Build 8 Display 9 Play 1 because it does come with a minifigure. Value 7. 

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2024_01/IMG_4439.thumb.jpeg.80bdc3694df19327f08da4b536e9c959.jpeg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2024_01/IMG_4440.thumb.jpeg.b5358b2034a7175cf712983a79bb6132.jpeg

Yeah this was a great set for me as well in the end. A lot of squinting and double checking during though. Lol

20230603_224824.jpg
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

There are mistakes in the instructions on pages 56 and 62 which makes you think that you are missing pieces but once you realize it and go back and fix the build with a color swap it just gets brutally harder with the Night Sky Wall. Dark green and dark blue look very similar under yellow incandescent lights. They give you 2 extra 1X4s in all of the colors knowing mistakes will be made. I built a temporary stand to make building the wall more stable. 

IMG_4439.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

My vision isn’t great nowadays and it’s getting harder to distinguish certain colors in the manuals. That gives me a good reason not to buy this set despite the finished product looking so nice. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mathew said:

IMG_9592.thumb.jpeg.8eba759ddbbf20eea1cccddbe7c3a3ad.jpegIMG_9590.thumb.jpeg.2b2055a40165898bd8f62d188c717e31.jpegReally good little spaceship. Easy build but enjoyable.  Aesthetically very pleasing and no stickers. 8/10. IMG_9595.thumb.jpeg.204423ff8f53383032f3711616d15517.jpeg

great pic!  can you zoom out and give us a peek at the overall set-up?  

side note: The Saturn V will be a MUST HAVE for AFoLs for generations...and if not re-made (a HUUUGE if)...the price will have no ceiling

26 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

side note: The Saturn V will be a MUST HAVE for AFoLs for generations...and if not re-made (a HUUUGE if)...the price will have no ceiling

Thanks!  The rest of the setup is a work in progress. I just got around to setting up the monorail and am waiting on a pick a brick order that’s taking forever. I’ll post pictures when I’m happy with the progress. 

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Thanks!  The rest of the setup is a work in progress. I just got around to setting up the monorail and am waiting on a pick a brick order that’s taking forever. I’ll post pictures when I’m happy with the progress. 

OK we will wait for the final result. Looks amazing so far....the lighting brings it to another level.

BTW, if you need some extra monorail tracks I actually have a bunch (including straits).  I got an 80's LEGO lot and it had like 30 tracks.  I was thinking of a project of my own until i found out how hard it was to get the track engine.

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

side note on the Saturn V - I've got about 80% of this from a lot I got, you think I should brick link the balance parts and make it complete?  was thinking of selling as is for someone else to complete it lol

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OK we will wait for the final result. Looks amazing so far....the lighting brings it to another level.

BTW, if you need some extra monorail tracks I actually have a bunch (including straits).  I got an 80's LEGO lot and it had like 30 tracks.  I was thinking of a project of my own until i found out how hard it was to get the track engine.

I’m good on track, thanks. I’m somewhat limited on space so the layout is confined to a back wall in the basement. Lighting does make it more dynamic. The Saturn light was bought at IKEA. 

1 hour ago, jaybinx73 said:

side note on the Saturn V - I've got about 80% of this from a lot I got, you think I should brick link the balance parts and make it complete?  was thinking of selling as is for someone else to complete it lol

Depends on the missing pieces. Printed pieces might be pricey. I might be more inclined to just buy a complete used copy and part out the rest. If you want the set that is. 

I spent a couple hours fine tuning Rivendell yesterday, applied stickers, placed minifigures and added a few parts I ordered with many more to go, but need to find a better way to display it. It would look great on my dresser with the mirror behind it but goes against the no Lego in the bedroom rule ;) 

ETA: Oh, and I hung Starry Night  

IMG_4473.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 4

Built the new Creator 3-in-1 astronaut.  It ended up being slightly bigger than I thought it'd be and I didn't know it was designed to house a minifigure in the helmet.  Picture next to Saturn V for scale with some of my space stuff.

20240116_091546.jpg

20240116_091523.jpg

20240116_091451.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

One more for the car collection:

8674 Ferrari F1 1:8

Got it through a surprise acceptance of a lowball EBay offer. Needed a good clean, has all the stickers though it must have stood near a heat source on one side as the stickers on that side are crumbling. Placed 2 orders for replacement parts which includes some of the stickered panels. Total cost including shipping and tax $205.

Last one of the affordable big F1 cars ... there are three more on my list but they are all in the $300+ used category.

Two gripes about technic sets from the mid 2000s ...

1) STAMPs
2) instructions are condensed which is great, but they often include a few pieces randomly added in different areas of the build without any indication except for being shown in the little parts box. Frustrating for people like me who built LEGO sets in the late 70s early 80s who do not look at those parts boxes (because there were none in those days).

b460d8d55287d4e4a904f70c78ea6188.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 9