What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

STicker Across Multiple Parts

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

1 sticker across multiple parts that is horrible or SC 3 stickers in a row that must be aligned near perfectly? 

In other news I finished Box 1 of 3 of Titanic which is approximately only 25% of the build, 12 bags. I made 3 mistakes, 2 minor that I fixed on the next step or 2, but one that required a thorough revisiting and deep thought, luckily not much rebuild though.

I have become dependent on the iPad building app with the 3D rendering which takes all of the guess work out of the equation.  Unfortunately, for this set only the PDF is available so I am using the paper instructions and figuring out where some of the elements go is not intuitive at times. So far only 2 missing elements that don’t interfere with the build. 

I might change up and build the Disney 100 Movie Camera and  Disney Icons Villains sets between boxes to enjoy the voyage of the Titanic more. I have the Captain CMF ready to go for display.

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

1 sticker across multiple parts that is horrible or SC 3 stickers in a row that must be aligned near perfectly? 

STAMP makes the initial/first build easier, but is a pain in the neck for used sets/rebuilds/alt builds.

3 stickers in a row is annoying to apply, but leaves the pieces intact.

Having seen and used both, I am a fan of the individual stickers on individual pieces, no matter the difficulty in applying and aligning them at first.

• Like 2

This set costs $20 MSRP wanted the minifigure for the dual molded sword. Was able to get the set for $12. My first and probably only Dreamz set the shark ship and horse look good and there is one set in this line with possible potential but nobody other than @exciter1 watches the show. 

IMG_0039.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

This set costs $20 MSRP wanted the minifigure for the dual molded sword. Was able to get the set for $12. My first and probably only Dreamz set the shark ship and horse look good and there is one set in this line with possible potential but nobody other than @exciter1 watches the show. 

IMG_0039.jpeg

Better than LEGO Masters

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Probably my most expensive LEGO set ATM...

Won 2 EBay auctions for 10020s Santa Fe engines plus 2 or 3 cars. Had to spend significant money on BL to turn the double mail and observation cars into the missing sleeper and dining cars,but all in ended up just under $1600 (including shipping and tax) for the full train, including a bunch of expensive spare parts, spare manuals, and 3 working 9V train motors with clips still attached. One engine even has the light kit!

d58e1997fc4f30d3c5d4ae6193a462ee.jpg

That's a pretty train.

• Like 1

That's a pretty train.
It is absolutely gorgeous, even though it is 20 years old.

I have ordered parts for 2 B-units from BL - made my own design using some of the leftover parts. Ordered stickers from OKBrickworks for the portholes. Will post pics once i have the whole consist built.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just finished building Ninjago City Gardens with my wife. Fun build with so many little details. Probably won't keep it as I missed out on getting the first two in the series and don't really have the room to display it. 

20240210_221109.jpg

20240210_221201.jpg

• Like 7

Built the UCS Batmobile. Bought a used one a long while ago and finally got around to building it.  It was built when I got it so I wasn’t sure it was all there since sets tend to fall apart when shipped.  I was only missing three pieces.  It wasn’t just a display piece, quite a bit of wear on it but the price was right.  Construction was old school studs on top which was a nice change of pace but certainly has it’s limitations.

Wife asked what I was building, replied with Batmobile, confused look, “Didn’t you already built that?”  I have two more big ones to build.IMG_6143.thumb.jpeg.c2714c76e30b3001b9d45051b42f72aa.jpegIMG_6144.thumb.jpeg.8e1a8319a7487c87ceeb9db00a407c52.jpegIMG_6145.thumb.jpeg.3c2286069b78b97b7fcc2b709167d9e7.jpegIMG_6146.thumb.jpeg.8e6d4562f9dad7173a8c74a42fe0f23e.jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Think I started this about 4 years ago.  Not very swooshable, but looks nice on display 😀

UW - 1.jpeg

UW - 2.jpeg

UW - 3.jpeg

Very nice! I missed out on that one but I was able to pick up the TS-Project. I sourced the parts a while ago but haven't gotten around to building it.

56 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Very nice! I missed out on that one but I was able to pick up the TS-Project. I sourced the parts a while ago but haven't gotten around to building it.

Funny, I've been gathering together parts for the TS these last couple weeks.  The TIE Fighter windshields are so expensive I just bought a used Silencer off Ebay.  It arrived this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to place my Bricklink order this week.  I have 42% of the parts on hand and the Ebay and Bricklink orders total about $638.  Seems my 42% didn't save me much since sourcing the complete set on Bricklink is $738.

Seems the lighting solution is no longer available . . .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I got one for sale or trade 😁

it's one of my favorite non-main stream SW ships...cool set of MFs too

LOL...it's worth a pretty penny since it's been sold out for a while. Kind of begs the question, how would we sell either the Star Bricks U-Project or TS-Project? They're so hard to come by and unique. Tough to price out and probably a small target market.