What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

• 3 weeks later...
Not today but worked on this list of best builds from last 15 years $50 and up, no Technic and any sets over $250 are on there or I have not built them, e.g., NO UCS MILF, AT-AT, Colosseum. Open to any suggestions and comments. 

https://brickset.com/sets/list-74150

Great list. Cafe Corner is interesting - at the time it came out it was groundbreaking. But it wouldn’t be a great build today.

A couple themes would be in my top 15. architecture - maybe Fallingwater or Robie. CNY - Spring Lantern Festival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Not today but worked on this list of best builds from last 15 years $50 and up, no Technic and any sets over $250 are on there or I have not built them, e.g., NO UCS MILF, AT-AT, Colosseum. Open to any suggestions and comments. 

https://brickset.com/sets/list-74150

Colosseum was probably one of my least favorite builds ever.  Amazing final product, but the redundancy of build steps (similar to Star Destroyer greebling) was just too much.  Understandable given the source material, but it was a slog.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

Great list. Cafe Corner is interesting - at the time it came out it was groundbreaking. But it wouldn’t be a great build today.

A couple themes would be in my top 15. architecture - maybe Fallingwater or Robie. CNY - Spring Lantern Festival

Agreed, when I built CC it was more of the thrill that I finally got one and built it in 2016. 

2 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Colosseum was probably one of my least favorite builds ever.  Amazing final product, but the redundancy of build steps (similar to Star Destroyer greebling) was just too much.  Understandable given the source material, but it was a slog.  

I think the closest set I have built to the Colosseum was UCS Big Ben and it is 1/2 the amount of pieces. It looks amazing but getting everything perfectly aligned was so tedious. Never even thought of building Tower Bridge. 

My GF wants to build Colosseum and Taj Mahal because she has been there but I have dissuaded her for now. 

009E84D5-096B-4649-8066-D1D9C5CCCC81.jpeg

D6BAFD2C-1590-43DD-BF9C-F4F1E53CD78E.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Robie House is a brutal build because of all of the 1x2 plates; I don't recommend it. Great end result though.

Spring Lantern Festival is a fun build (plus it pairs well with modulars) and I really enjoyed Ninja Gardens.

Yay LEGO!

I had 2 Robie returns many years ago, one was a damaged opened box I sent to @ravenb99who actually built it IIRC while the other was somebody that gave up on the build and I ended up just using it as a parts pack. So never built it. 

Never built Gardens or Docks only City which was amazing. I wanted to just get the water module from Gardens and I think @donbee has one for sale on BL but never got around to it.  The new one coming out this summer Market looks amazing. 

2BC1CBAC-A629-4017-A5A7-DBBB06106EBC.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/6/2023 at 4:39 AM, Graphicski said:

I've got a ninjago docks in a joblot yet to build too

Pardon my ignorance, Ive seen joblot thrown around a bunch. Is this similar to what we would call a bulk lot? A bunch of blocks thrown into a bin with partial builds and loose bricks? ✌️

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

Pardon my ignorance, Ive seen joblot thrown around a bunch. Is this similar to what we would call a bulk lot? A bunch of blocks thrown into a bin with partial builds and loose bricks? ✌️

I think so- a big storage box of a bunch of bits and sets bought 2nd hand off of Facebook marketplace. For £100 I got a box of stuff, ninjago city and docks amongst it 😎

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mplsabdullah said:

I've been pretty busy building quite a few sets since we've finally settled into the new place. Making up for the last few years of collecting sets but not wanting to build until we moved.

Some are also sets my kids recently built as well as some of theirs from before the move.

My son made me a really cool micro Mario for the SNES hidden level Easter egg.
20230514_122018.jpg20230514_134557.jpg20230514_122027.jpg

Some nice selections there! Any recommendations?

On 5/17/2023 at 12:54 PM, mplsabdullah said:

I've been pretty busy building quite a few sets since we've finally settled into the new place. Making up for the last few years of collecting sets but not wanting to build until we moved.

Great to hear things have settled enough letting you take some time to build. Seeing Bowser playing the Nintendo is easily the best, and harping on what BillyBricks said earlier all he needs now is that La-Z-boy recliner set.

I had 2 Robie returns many years ago, one was a damaged opened box I sent to [mention=40002]ravenb99[/mention]who actually built it IIRC while the other was somebody that gave up on the build and I ended up just using it as a parts pack. So never built it. 

Never built Gardens or Docks only City which was amazing. I wanted to just get the water module from Gardens and I think [mention=64929]donbee[/mention] has one for sale on BL but never got around to it.  The new one coming out this summer Market looks amazing. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_05/2BC1CBAC-A629-4017-A5A7-DBBB06106EBC.thumb.jpeg.34178850e2e92ab1b1149a5f60818bd0.jpeg

Not any more. Sold!