What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Another snowy day so I finished the Dodge set. I wanted to complete all of the 8 studs before the next batch come out March 1st. Ranked best to worst from the front then left to right. Now to go shovel for a few hours and get back to finishing the Hogwarts Icons set. 

C80D95D4-1F71-4735-A53B-960303F17570.jpeg

Vette is the worst?

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

19B79F75-FF07-449F-B5AC-0177666F0AB8.jpeg

90D37754-3895-48FB-B3B8-9529CF9C1CF7.jpeg

29AC977C-357E-491D-B294-CDDC8D1AF58C.jpeg

You said “shovel the snow”, not “play in snow”

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Vette is the worst?

You said “shovel the snow”, not “play in snow”

The Dodge dragster, hidden length wise in the back, is the worst. The Vette build was good but it just seems unfinished and looks off. They are all good and blow away the 6 studs, but compared to each other I would give the dragster a 5, Stingray vette, Challenger and Uris a 6, Mclearen and Ferrari 7, Jag Formula E, Supra and Audi an 8, all the rest are 9 except the GT and Lambo are 10.

I did shovel and will have more to do tomorrow but need some fun time too ;) 

ETA: and will take new pics with tire tracks  

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

The Dodge dragster, hidden length wise in the back, is the worst. The Vette build was good but it just seems unfinished and looks off. They are all good and blow away the 6 studs, but compared to each other I would give the dragster a 5, Stingray vette, Challenger and Uris a 6, Mclearen and Ferrari 7, Jag Formula E, Supra and Audi an 8, all the rest are 9 except the GT and Lambo are 10.

I did shovel and will have more to do tomorrow but need some fun time too  
ETA: and will take new pics with tire tracks  

I actually thought I would hate the dragster, but I appreciated the unique build technique. I don't really like the Lambo SUV so that's probably my least favorite with the Supra a close second.

Looking forward to the new Countach, though. The new lineup looks really nice.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have started rebuilding my town & I'm switching to the new road plates & the mils system. I got my built sets moved to the new mils plates & I'm undecided on the sidewalks. Should I go dark grey walks (second pic) or light grey (third pic). I had dark grey & a light curb with the old plates. Most modulars come with dark grey walks too. The light grey seems to offset the new road plates better though. Any thoughts? 

I added the white line to widen the road plate a bit. It's narrower than the old plate. I do like them better than the old plates. 

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I have started rebuilding my town & I'm switching to the new road plates & the mils system. I got my built sets moved to the new mils plates & I'm undecided on the sidewalks. Should I go dark grey walks (second pic) or light grey (third pic). I had dark grey & a light curb with the old plates. Most modulars come with dark grey walks too. The light grey seems to offset the new road plates better though. Any thoughts? 

I added the white line to widen the road plate a bit. It's narrower than the old plate. I do like them better than the old plates. 

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

You may get some MILS tips from Bricksie on YouTube he is redoing his city in MILS and has a few videos on the process and color matching the modulars. 

I worked on this mess today. 

9656C164-CC9A-4B4E-9ED7-1402A1F9E71A.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

I like the LBG vs the DBG personally. Contrasts with the road.

I love the MILS system, and once I actually start building things out here in the new house, I will be doing everything with a MILS base.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I like the LBG vs the DBG personally. Contrasts with the road.

I love the MILS system, and once I actually start building things out here in the new house, I will be doing everything with a MILS base.

You're right. I just did an intersection with light grey walks, looks nice.

Start hoarding bricks now for mils. Just a couple plates eats up hundreds of bricks in minutes. 

IMG_2096.jpg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

just built this one.  I know the set doesn't get a lot of love but I hadn't built any truly TECHNIC since coming out of dark ages and wanted to make sure I still enjoyed the process before moving on to some larger builds in my backlog.

IMG_20220228_094648236_HDR.jpg

I swear, I think that the Blue sports car that was sold with the Auto Transport was a reject Camaro. Ive found myself leaning more Technic the past few years, If youre into cars, the 911 RSR and Ferrari 488 GTE are nice builds.

• Like 1

[What LEGO Set Did You Take Apart Today] 

This is my counter to the thread topic; otherwise I will never get to post on it

Took apart the NES set I got off Ebay...Man o man...it's really cool...built like no other set I've taken apart😋; really special set and obviously a big deal for Nintendo fans (so glad I got this one for my personal collection).  So realistic looking console. 

I used to be a "purist" and typically broke "everything down to the studs" (I've had some EPIC breakdowns over Ninjago City, Joker's Rollercoaster, UCS Sand Crawler, All the major recent Modulars like Assembly Square... but I've softened a bit and on this set I kept all the screen pieces as is...and some panels w/ a zillion 1x1s...that's neither fun to take apart or build..IMO).

Anyhoo also recently too apart The "UCS" Guardian Ship (lots of cool adjusting panels as it should be w/ a ship like that)...I still have a couple PetShops on my immediate backlog.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

This was a very challenging build in comparison to all of the other previous Speed Champions sets. Then I noticed that this one is 9+ while most of the others are 7+

5A12DEAE-6BB9-4065-B566-A1A352CAECB8.jpeg

I’m assuming tires don’t have stickers? Those r printed? Either way (and all I got is comparison to regular cars), it’s strange how the word “pirelli” isn't curved to the shape of tire, like other words/markings are.