What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On 3/15/2022 at 1:59 PM, kouks said:

Quick question, not that it really matches the subject topic.   My 11 year-old son only wants to build one Lego set now, that being 10261 Roller Coaster.  He's pretty good at building most sets, but I was just curious as to people's experience was with this set and if there were any challenging sections that he may need assistance with?

Thanks for your feedback!

My 9yo son just finished building this and had no issues, but he's been building sets since he three. Lego Dad FTW

• Like 2

I found that if much easier if you don't attach the three pieces with yellow lined stickers and arranged them on the table BEFORE applying the stickers. Then attach the bricks and vroom vroom

Yay LEGO!

• Like 1

Finished off the new wave of Speed Champions. My favorites are the Lotus Evijah and the Mercedes Project One but neither surpasses the Lambo Huracan. The Valkyrie is neat but by far the most Technic in a SC set. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_03/01C684FD-C747-4A0E-B330-FACCDC2BDDA2.thumb.jpeg.5894053cfa4365ccc8c1c3d4c8e06419.jpeg
I am saving them as rewards for my son, or for a rainy day, and I haven't finished all of them yet, but the Valkyrie was a tricky build for what it is.

Yay LEGO!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 5:59 PM, Pseudoty said:

Finished off the new wave of Speed Champions. My favorites are the Lotus Evijah and the Mercedes Project One but neither surpasses the Lambo Huracan. The Valkyrie is neat but by far the most Technic in a SC set. 01C684FD-C747-4A0E-B330-FACCDC2BDDA2.jpeg

So, I took a 5 month break from building Lego, not a GWP set or even a polybag. I was busy training for an open water swim I did yesterday and about all I could do afterwards was sit on the couch and build.

Anyway, I built the 10305 Castle. I have watched and read some reviews that blast the set for the entrance way being too steep for minifigures (there is a mod for that already) and the all female Lion Knights as not being realistic. Whomever designed the set is a bit of a prankster and not only inserted some poop humor but a reference to Monty Python including a Minifigure see picture and video clip of Patsy. 

My biggest issue is not the set itself but the lego elements. There has either been a change to the formula, the molds and/or the machinery that causes the injection points to be more pronounced and off center (see pic). Also, some of the translucent elements are not translucent anymore but cloudy. I compared the exact same elements to ones found in the latest SC winter wave pictured above and they do not have either of these issues.

Why it matters so much to me is besides my OCD it really decreased the enjoyment of the build. Almost every 1x1 element needed to be positioned as to not show the bumps. It increased the build time and at times I just wanted to give up but was glad that I was done. This does not fit in with Legos new Icons pledge to adults regarding quality and I will be contacting customer service on Tuesday. 

Anyway, if you are still with me, price is an issue as well. Prior to 8/1 you could get Ninjago City Gardens for $100 less and it has over 1K pieces more and has 1 more Minifigure. If you are looking for a set for your child I would highly recommend getting the Creator 3:1 Castle or possibly 2 and do the MOC build for half the price. 

The Medieval Market area is great, especially the thatch roof, but not sure why they made the building white and not tan I think it would have looked much better and been more realistic.  Another good thing is there is no dire need to add on to this set but I am sure many will. Oh, and no stickers. 

Not sure if I will be picking up any of these to put away unless they go on a 40% off Camp Nou sale as I think we were told this is to remain a Lego exclusive  

15FD6B82-6AEA-44F3-BCD5-4059C856F18D.jpeg

501A928C-74C5-4285-824A-BE990C680EFB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

05FF4BD4-E508-476E-913B-87E3E4C03EBD.jpeg

E4078C30-EE5F-4041-8CDE-9FA80585B009.jpeg

NTm4T8-ylbBhLjNQHRUdPBApxiGcz4tKb2PCPv1nTPWzFwmCIk82nIvKAgetUAY1ARsV3bSaR9SoiPqGeGo3nlVm8HHrEnEPYKT9oPmL87IbSJIuXTKSKzpbaUAdKvszHJ4MYD7nxfdfg3CZ9hLqtn0jkDs3w8md5P-qztXbTW4YY_2l7V-lPA0aqLEE1hFOAE28vm8NMm4DKb8VelFEV2KJqugmkSDIxIxR6mYM1ntbC6aiuVI-eHYJeX-KV2ugYDx70J843GClC14B-k_rdYm2fs02lBSwz5jRcOg36VODmMik_ivgrxEAkkdPWomPnusMqM9WxF25tA9ableI2e8cJ7pcSYZ8QIQp9kZCdIgu0E_sIWyW-QKhzQ5OfNGduhdusxSPHyRgAUxdhhRq-1mTuVbG6vneBST3ad6rIQMJt7uxas3X9CTmhlibeoLaUaObc9BZ5Srg1dv_28LDzwLu3Um48PLAmHmTMFOtGdZs-zREtFWEIKT33NS2vMCpxx0BzLkuvxin7jFmnvui34tcxF1bDCMYrFYtbauK-hGpAY8qoqU4_JXPVETSNYjEz2zrmLQBhvss3EJ0mJlaZsgqOgC9FX-enYjBmx_w-SGKRKXcgkvEzUNJW0Ur9oAa1eIAxXuaEzh-RGOmR5GHOzWXbHdT7Sv8gsPkWDvEcvS71rKY22T4FjARcRMN6-_35kaLUNNxOKD36-6FVFul82zW-ZiOP2gIEVlbKrvCdQTfNySsJ9XIQru5m0Oi=w874-h893-no?authuser=0

Yeah, I just grabbed some from a dots container and 3/4 have the tiniest sprue mark on the rounded end, turns out the one closest to the camera just had a schmutz on it and that isn't a sprue mark at all! But there is a barely noticeable one on the second one in. Must be a new lower quality mold :(

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I would highly recommend getting the Creator 3:1 Castle or possibly 2 and do the MOC build for half the price.

Congrats on the 10305 Castle build- it is what is, and still looks fantastic. I just bought my second Creator 3:1 Castle and was wondering if you could pass the URL to the MOC you recommend. I like this guy's stuff (https://rebrickable.com/users/Gr33tje13/mocs/). He has really interesting combos leveraging the Castle, Viking Ship, and Blacksmith.