What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

3 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

I’m assuming tires don’t have stickers? Those r printed? Either way (and all I got is comparison to regular cars), it’s strange how the word “pirelli” isn't curved to the shape of tire, like other words/markings are. 

Anytime you're working with trademarked logos you generally aren't allowed to alter them, probably the same way on the ones on vehicles as well, just sticks out more on something of this scale.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

I’m assuming tires don’t have stickers? Those r printed? Either way (and all I got is comparison to regular cars), it’s strange how the word “pirelli” isn't curved to the shape of tire, like other words/markings are. 

Correct, this one and the Valkyrie have printed wheel covers, but there are still plenty of stickers including some you don’t easily see once the build is finished. 

B9FF31FE-542E-43C1-B56C-1712FA3FA1EF.jpeg

10 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Anytime you're working with trademarked logos you generally aren't allowed to alter them, probably the same way on the ones on vehicles as well, just sticks out more on something of this scale.

You’re right. In the first place I thought pirelli  tires on regular cars have word pirelli curved, but they don’t. It just stick out for me on the lego car because that word is too big. 

9FEC798C-81FE-41C6-908A-DFD4895BE715.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Correct, this one and the Valkyrie have printed wheel covers, but there are still plenty of stickers including some you don’t easily see once the build is finished. 

B9FF31FE-542E-43C1-B56C-1712FA3FA1EF.jpeg

I looked at the picture from The box that you posted here but conveniently car is in motion so that (oversized) word isn’t clear. 

• Like 1

Another weekend another modular. Doing these has me appreciating numbered bags. Not being able to find that one piece in a sea of Lego drives me crazy. A few times I pulled a piece from my stash only to have it turn up later one the pile thinned.

GE was the first modular I went double digits on. Think it was still on shelves when I first built it. Love the green window frames. The ads for other sets in the manual are fantastic. Such a cool time in brickpicking. 

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

• Like 6

Another weekend another modular. Doing these has me appreciating numbered bags. Not being able to find that one piece in a sea of Lego drives me crazy. A few times I pulled a piece from my stash only to have it turn up later one the pile thinned.
GE was the first modular I went double digits on. Think it was still on shelves when I first built it. Love the green window frames. The ads for other sets in the manual are fantastic. Such a cool time in brickpicking. 

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_03/IMG_2124.thumb.jpg.26c7d44bec39194f9bc95e3a03db884e.jpg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_03/IMG_2138.thumb.jpg.1f7a7b7c93c5f898339d440ce9f9c5be.jpg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_03/IMG_2137.thumb.jpg.56ffbd19199fb11dcb18adc581764a5d.jpg

I started building Modulars with Town Hall. I built and sold that one and did the same with the Fire House.

Can’t get rid of GE or Palace Cinema. Both are just pinnacle builds to me.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I started building Modulars with Town Hall. I built and sold that one and did the same with the Fire House.

Can’t get rid of GE or Palace Cinema. Both are just pinnacle builds to me.

I sold my personal TH too. Just a big ugly orange box. I think it's the worst one. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

F2A30D6A-5915-4A09-BDF2-68578EEDA0F8.thumb.jpeg.ba14f36155ac950890bb5c3bbd5e08c7.jpeg

This was an excellent build experience. Some great snot building, well balanced color scheme and fun play features. The trap door and main door/winch are probably my 2 favorite features  Could be a top 5 build.   Interesting how many 'extra' pieces are included.  

0301DEC1-1CF7-4C9A-A823-7A160973C466.thumb.jpeg.7df0b5c3d07cc7a97e359a9f5b96bce2.jpeg

How were the electronic instructions?

26 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

How were the electronic instructions?

Was rough to start. Both my wife and I's ipad are too old to download the app so I was forced to use my 11 SE phone which felt too small.

With that being said, it took a bit to get used too, but once in full swing, they were great. One big perk I liked was having the ability to zoom in and out and rotate the model 360deg to insure the placement of certain bricks. This was super helpful in a bunch of steps. 

Before each building step, there is a screen shot of each piece you will need to complete that step. Gather those 1-8 pieces and your ready for that step.  This has the potential to reduce the number of missed pieces/steps. Great idea.

Only issue I see is power consumption and need for wifi. I had to keep my phone charger plugged in since the app used alot of battery power.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2022 at 10:23 AM, marcandre said:

I sold my personal TH too. Just a big ugly orange box. I think it's the worst one. 

This will probably be the next modular I sell off as well.  Used to have them all, but slowly have decided to thin them out.  Have sold Palace Cinema, Fire Brigade, Market Street, Pet Shop, Detective Office and never even purchased Police or Corner Garage.  

I am in a similar situation. I have all of them, except for the police station and Medi. hotel, plus I've put them all on mils plates, but there are so many that I don't know what to do with them.

Town Hall is fugly but my kid likes the elevator and I think it's worth saving to prevent a fight.

Yay LEGO!

Quick question, not that it really matches the subject topic.   My 11 year-old son only wants to build one Lego set now, that being 10261 Roller Coaster.  He's pretty good at building most sets, but I was just curious as to people's experience was with this set and if there were any challenging sections that he may need assistance with?

Thanks for your feedback!

12 minutes ago, kouks said:

Quick question, not that it really matches the subject topic.   My 11 year-old son only wants to build one Lego set now, that being 10261 Roller Coaster.  He's pretty good at building most sets, but I was just curious as to people's experience was with this set and if there were any challenging sections that he may need assistance with?

It's a pretty good challenge with all the similar piece stacking.  Mine worked flawlessly once I put it together.  Once I moved it to another floor it constantly skips gears.  It's a testy s.o.b.  I'd put it square in the difficult side of the spectrum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scratchdesk said:

It's a pretty good challenge with all the similar piece stacking.  Mine worked flawlessly once I put it together.  Once I moved it to another floor it constantly skips gears.  It's a testy s.o.b.  I'd put it square in the difficult side of the spectrum.

agreed.  I didn't put one together but I did take one apart and I could tell it's one of those sets where you can follow every step carefully and it still not work right.  Expect fanagaling and some trial and error and even some minor "freelancing" to get the outcome you want.

• Like 1

I’ve had good luck with my copy of the Roller Coaster. I bought it used and it has worked flawlessly since the first attempt. I’ve moved it around the house a couple times but the real test will be this summer when we move cross-country (from the Boston metro area to Flagstaff AZ). I’m still not sure how I’m going to move everything…Partially disassembled or completely broken down. 

• Like 2

The 30495 AT-ST polybag (many good design elements in a small set) and the 76239 Batmobile Tumbler: Scarecrow Showdown sets.  The Batman set is an impressive build and captures the overall feel of the much larger sets well in my opinion.  It also a has a new minfigure head as well as incorporating three of the Trans-Black Windscreen pieces also found in the most recent Pizza Van set. 

The dust that is already on the Batman set is the Bane of my existence…
73959146_AT-STpolybag.jpg.2a4399331ae42bd05dec209aca960fc6.jpg

Tumbler1.jpg.2df4be274178477454b0562963a35d5f.jpg

Tumbler2.jpg.5449d310df7dd0bede3fef50845fc45c.jpg

Tumbler3.jpg.d87ffd8760cbb0a8fb907e259f64658e.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LegoWalker4 said:

The 30495 AT-ST polybag (many good design elements in a small set) and the 76239 Batmobile Tumbler: Scarecrow Showdown sets.  The Batman set is an impressive build and captures the overall feel of the much larger sets well in my opinion.  It also a has a new minfigure head as well as incorporating three of the Trans-Black Windscreen pieces also found in the most recent Pizza Van set. 

The dust that is already on the Batman set is the Bane of my existence…
73959146_AT-STpolybag.jpg.2a4399331ae42bd05dec209aca960fc6.jpg

Tumbler1.jpg.2df4be274178477454b0562963a35d5f.jpg

Tumbler2.jpg.5449d310df7dd0bede3fef50845fc45c.jpg

Tumbler3.jpg.d87ffd8760cbb0a8fb907e259f64658e.jpg

don't let that dust break your back

On 3/15/2022 at 3:59 PM, kouks said:

I built and re-built mine.  Never could get the main rise in the track to match up so it was as if it was always stressed and wanted to come apart.  I looked over it a hundred times and never could get it figured out.  I eventually kragle'd it in that spot just to be able to use the set.  I know, blasphemy, but it was the only way.  Still need to order new parts for that section.  

• Like 1