What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Forgive me BPers, for I have sinned against LEGO.  Today I built a Kre-O USS Enterprise (the little one) and... I liked it!  I'm not sure I understand the point about having a 'light brick' that lights up only the stand, though.

I believe some of our local BrickPickers who also happen to be Trekkies caved in on those so don't be too harsh on yourself. ;) I liked some of the Transformers builds myself although admitedly I just wanted the figures really.

Forgive me BPers, for I have sinned against LEGO.  Today I built a Kre-O USS Enterprise (the little one) and... I liked it!  I'm not sure I understand the point about having a 'light brick' that lights up only the stand, though.

I believe some of our local BrickPickers who also happen to be Trekkies caved in on those so don't be too harsh on yourself. ;) I liked some of the Transformers builds myself although admitedly I just wanted the figures really.

Blasphemy!  :devil:  xD

OK, have been spending too much time buying and selling lately, so need to take some time off and go build some new sets.

Creator Forest Animals 31019 - chose the monkey model, quick build, about an hour to finish.   It looks great when place next to 4884.

Creator Mountain Hut 31025 - another quick build

Palace cinema. My girlfriend and I spread it out over parts of 4 evenings and it is one of the most enjoyable builds.

We have a problem with the palace spire as one of the blue 2x16 curves but I will look for a replacement.

Are there any other current sets that are really fun to build? Example- I built jabba's palace to go with my skiff and pit but I found it to be a pretty boring build.

**phone posting is inefficient.**

This is the first set I've built for a whole year's time of buying, buying, buying.

I know what you mean. The only thing I built out of this entire year was the Haunted House. Well, that and Minifigures Series 9, 10, & 11, if you would actually count those as a 'build'. :mosking:

Just built Mirkwood Elf Army. This is a pretty cool little set....I didn't even mind paying retail for it!

I have to admit these new Hobbit sets are really good looking! I think at the least I will end up picking Dol Goldur Ambush before long.

I found this brick in a pile of stuff I bought.

3002oldpb03.jpg?0

So I dug through and found pieces to build 456 The Spirit of St. Louis.

456-1.jpg?0

I really love these old school sets from before Lego started making such a huge variety of elements. (Don't get me wrong, I love all the new sets too.)

I just have a special place in my heart for the simplicity of early Lego.

The set I built before this was 6656 Tow Truck

6656-1.jpg?0

and a similar little truck tow behind it.

Those old ones are cool. I am the same, and still have my original pieces from when I was a kid, separate from our current Lego.

My son and I started our new Christmas tradition and build the Winter Village Market last night. He is loving the play factor with this set, especially the carousel of course. Michaelangelo became a quick rider on one of the horses. 

The build of the little stands is pretty simple and he did all of those easily - I just gather the pieces. The carousel took a little more help, but was a cool build. One of the best benefits of it was the chance for him to see how a series of gears works. I'll be buying a few more of these hopefully on sale after Christmas for investment.

Those old ones are cool. I am the same, and still have my original pieces from when I was a kid, separate from our current Lego.

My son and I started our new Christmas tradition and build the Winter Village Market last night. He is loving the play factor with this set, especially the carousel of course. Michaelangelo became a quick rider on one of the horses.

The build of the little stands is pretty simple and he did all of those easily - I just gather the pieces. The carousel took a little more help, but was a cool build. One of the best benefits of it was the chance for him to see how a series of gears works. I'll be buying a few more of these hopefully on sale after Christmas for investment.

Awesome tradition between father and son.

Speaking of new Christmas traditions, my 4 yr old son and I just built our Harry Potter 4841 train (2010) with the 4808 platform (from 2001) and 10014 caboose (also from 2001). He even learned how to put the train on the Power Functions track and placed flat and cheese shaped white elements on everything for a Christmas winter look. Now I just have to see if I have enough 9v track or go with Power Functions,

Built the Super Heroes: Man-Bat Attack yesterday.  The bat helicopter is the highlight from the set and it's nice that we have an official Nightwing.  My son was just disappointed when I tried to find an episode from Batman: The Animated Series where Nightwing and Man-Bat actually appear together, they don't.