What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

It's funny how I don't remember hearing the 'S' word in the Transformers movie as a kid but years later when I got the DVD there it was. Go to the scene selection and even the scene itself is called "The 'S' Word". :rofl:

That is exactly how I felt the first time I watched The Transformers with my oldest son (two years ago when he was 4). It caught me so off guard that I did a little research into it and depending on where you saw it, it may have been cut out. But generally, it made it past all the "censors" .. I think it's awesome. The S word isn't all that serious IMO.

I guess I was just too much in awe as a kid... but I'm surprised that after the kids having watched it so many times they still haven't repeated it. They repeat most of the other good parts!

Guest brickcrazyhouse

It's so difficult not to go rip open my shuttle and build it right now :)

In the meantime I finally finished the Pet Shop. I like it a lot. It's my wife's favorite modular now.

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it ...do it 

I guess I was just too much in awe as a kid... but I'm surprised that after the kids having watched it so many times they still haven't repeated it. They repeat most of the other good parts!

Plenty of good parts to repeat. :)

Megatron: Prime!

Optimus Prime: One shall stand, one shall fall.

Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly?

Optimus Prime: That's a question you should ask yourself, Megatron.

Megatron: NO! I'll crush you with my bare hands!

Megatron: This was almost too easy, Starscream!

Starscream: Much easier, almighty Megatron, than attacking the real threat; the Autobots' moonbase!

Megatron: You're an idiot, Starscream.

Starscream: Who disrupts my coronation?

Galvatron: 'Coronation', Starscream? This is bad comedy.

Starscream: Megatron? Is that you?

Galvatron: Here's a hint!

*BOOM!*

Galvatron: Will anyone else attempt to fill his shoes?

Hot Rod: They've got more Sharkticons then we have Photon Charges.

Kup: Then let's hold a demolition derby!

• Like 1

Built 3 sets over the last 2 days:

7938 Passenger Train

7939 Cargo Train

60014 Coast Guard Boat

Must say, I`m impressed with 60014. Got it for $43 CAN from amazon.uk and it`s a great value. IMO, the $100 MSRP is a decent price for this set. It just pops when you look at it on the shelf with the others. I just see value, that`s likely largely due to the 1pc boat. Very good set, and it`s obvious why it has been so popular. 

The trains are great as well. Only Lego train I`ve had up till now was the Holiday Train which I got years ago.  Quite a large difference, but they are both solid trains in comparison. Was watching a film after work last night and had both trains running on slow in the background. Purchased extra tracks, so plenty of room for both. Who ever said Lego trains were just for kids? They lied, big time!  :laugh:  

Just finished building the 5542 Black Thunder. Awesome build.

Right on! Wasn`t familiar with that title so googled it. Nice chopper for sure!

**EDIT: I didn't see a "What Lego set do you need to rebuild today" so I'm posting this here.**

Ever seen what 10188 looks like after being destroyed by Luke Skywalker? No? How about by a 3 year old who accidentally pushed it off a small table. :bye:

post-8090-0-13989900-1385751179_thumb.jp

post-8090-0-28632800-1385751230_thumb.jp

This is pretty much the only part that doesn't need rebuilding.

post-8090-0-03445900-1385751241_thumb.jp

• Like 1

**EDIT: I didn't see a "What Lego set do you need to rebuild today" so I'm posting this here.**

Ever seen what 10188 looks like after being destroyed by Luke Skywalker? No? How about by a 3 year old who accidentally pushed it off a small table. :bye:

attachicon.gifDS4.jpeg

attachicon.gifDS5.jpeg

This is pretty much the only part that doesn't need rebuilding.

attachicon.gifDS3.jpeg

That looks destroyed. Very sad seeing it destroyed.

That looks destroyed. Very sad seeing it destroyed.

I got over it... It's amazing how strong Lego is - nothing is truly broken, but the holding power of the studs is no match for a good fall. Entire sections of the floor plates have separated as if they were never pressed together in the first place.

It's also not our first, or largest Lego set ever dropped. The other adult in our house, who shall remain nameless, dropped the Tower Bridge this past spring from shoulder height. Looked like it was bombed after WWII.

• Like 1

I got over it... It's amazing how strong Lego is - nothing is truly broken, but the holding power of the studs is no match for a good fall. Entire sections of the floor plates have separated as if they were never pressed together in the first place.

It's also not our first, or largest Lego set ever dropped. The other adult in our house, who shall remain nameless, dropped the Tower Bridge this past spring from shoulder height. Looked like it was bombed after WWII.

It is a great thing that Lego is so durable. I dropped several small sets down a flight of stairs by accident, and everything was fine, just needed to be reassembled. As for other brands like Mega Blocks, some of there bricks break, if you drop it.