What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

What the heck---I thought just the opposite!  With the Baxter I need to keep the arms up, and a certain way--or it topples over.  The front "claws?" of the foot don't do much--as it tends to lean back.  My son did most of the build while I was making dinner.  I gave it a quick once over--and it looked right---but I'll check it over again fully.. Now that I know it shouldn't be THAT flimsy.

What the heck---I thought just the opposite!  With the Baxter I need to keep the arms up, and a certain way--or it topples over.  The front "claws?" of the foot don't do much--as it tends to lean back.  My son did most of the build while I was making dinner.  I gave it a quick once over--and it looked right---but I'll check it over again fully.. Now that I know it shouldn't be THAT flimsy.

The arms on ours are pretty sturdy too.  We haven't had much problem with him.

I read some other bad reviews online---same issues as ours.  Those technic ball/socket joints for legs and arms are too loose.  You must have got a tight set.  The front gray piece of the armor always pops off every time I touch the thing!  Don't tell me you don't have that issue!

This person has the exact same issues we have with ours.  Maybe it's manufacutring tolerance issue on the joints---ours are super loose.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1042122&postcount=239

I read some other bad reviews online---same issues as ours.  Those technic ball/socket joints for legs and arms are too loose.  You must have got a tight set.  The front gray piece of the armor always pops off every time I touch the thing!  Don't tell me you don't have that issue!

This person has the exact same issues we have with ours.  Maybe it's manufacutring tolerance issue on the joints---ours are super loose.

It's gotta be a minor manufacturing different because my Baxter, Luthor and Ninjago mech all stand completely sturdy.

Which of the front 3 gray pieces falls off? Just double checked mine and they all stay on through abuse, even the part that keeps Baxter inside the robot.

Not every time I touch it, but it does come off sometimes.  My son doesn't complain about it, so he must be sticking it back on.

I just finished the 10212 Imperial Shuttle. What an amazing build! It looks fantastic and is much larger than I anticipated. I will probably hang onto it for 1-2 years then try to double up on it. Paid $235 used, no box. Complete with manuals and figs though.

I cracked open a brand new 10212 last night that I've had sitting in my storage closet since last January.

post-8090-0-16521900-1385155539_thumb.jp

post-8090-0-11702000-1385155552_thumb.jp

It took me 2 hours to get half way through instruction book 1 (of 4). I finally appreciate sets that have numbered bags... I think there are about 25 bags, no numbers. Ack! But it's awesome so far!

• Like 2

I cracked open a brand new 10212 last night that I've had sitting in my storage closet since last January.

attachicon.gif10212-box.jpeg

attachicon.gif10212-bags.jpeg

It took me 2 hours to get half way through instruction book 1 (of 4). I finally appreciate sets that have numbered bags... I think there are about 25 bags, no numbers. Ack! But it's awesome so far!

Have always wanted to build imperial shuttle, have heard some have been disappointed with white bricks on this set being more of a cream color. Any issues with your set?

Have always wanted to build imperial shuttle, have heard some have been disappointed with white bricks on this set being more of a cream color. Any issues with your set?

I bought three - one to build, two to hold. I'd say the white bricks are very white!

My only concern will be keeping it away from the sun so they stay white.

Ouch, that sucks. Did you buy it used (assumed bcs its an older set)? I have that one in my collection, though it has been quite a while since built and is now in pieces. 

I bought it in a bulk lot about five years ago. Yesterday, I found that I had most of the pieces so I found most of them and started building it. The missing pieces are not that important. Just a tile or brick missing that I will eventually get around to buying somewhere.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

attachicon.gif10212-box.jpeg

attachicon.gif10212-bags.jpeg

uber jealous please post pics when done

taking down last two modulars to wash and store while gf is building winter cottage today

uber jealous please post pics when done

taking down last two modulars to wash and store while gf is building winter cottage today

I'm almost done and it's huge.

That technic brick in the side shot is a 14 stud for perspective. Sorry if the images are sideways, not sure why my iPod touch is doing that.

post-8090-0-11983100-1385319853_thumb.jp

post-8090-0-13256900-1385319877_thumb.jp

post-8090-0-41137700-1385319898_thumb.jp

I finished building the Shuttle last night. It is huge. It is pure awesome. I paid retail for this one back when I was naive but in the end it was worth every penny! I don't plan on selling it either.

I didn't keep track of hours as I did it over 5 days, but it was at least 10 hours, probably close to 12 after having to go back and fix a couple mistakes. I had put the gears to raise and lower the side wings on wrong so the front set would go up and the back set would go down. Oops! It wasn't too hard to fix from the bottom thankfully.

And to the previous comments about it being kind of creamy on colour - it isn't pure white. As I assembled more and more of it, it became clear that it was off-white. Curious about this, I took loose bricks and compared them to bricks in our Lego collection (loose and part of completed sets) and those bricks are definitely off-white too. I think we just don't notice when the white is contrasted by other colours or when the set doesn't have 1500 white pieces in it!

post-8090-0-78188200-1385396328_thumb.jp

post-8090-0-70218700-1385396350_thumb.jp

post-8090-0-24972500-1385396542_thumb.jp

• Like 6

I finished building the Shuttle last night. It is huge. It is pure awesome. I paid retail for this one back when I was naive but in the end it was worth every penny! I don't plan on selling it either.

I didn't keep track of hours as I did it over 5 days, but it was at least 10 hours, probably close to 12 after having to go back and fix a couple mistakes. I had put the gears to raise and lower the side wings on wrong so the front set would go up and the back set would go down. Oops! It wasn't too hard to fix from the bottom thankfully.

And to the previous comments about it being kind of creamy on colour - it isn't pure white. As I assembled more and more of it, it became clear that it was off-white. Curious about this, I took loose bricks and compared them to bricks in our Lego collection (loose and part of completed sets) and those bricks are definitely off-white too. I think we just don't notice when the white is contrasted by other colours or when the set doesn't have 1500 white pieces in it!

Looks fantastic! Congrats on the build. Wonderful set all around. 

It's so difficult not to go rip open my shuttle and build it right now :)

In the meantime I finally finished the Pet Shop. I like it a lot. It's my wife's favorite modular now.

Haha, the Pet Shop is a really nice building but it's got nothing on the Imperial Shuttle. I left it on our dining room table last night so the kids would see it this morning and my wife said to our six year old as they walked in (she had already seen it). "Holy **** Marius, look at the shuttle!" My son apparently replied, "Yeah, Holy Ship!"

It's like The Transformers movie when Unicron is devouring Moonbase 1 and Spike says the 'S' word. My kids have probably watched that scene 20-30 times and haven't repeated it yet!