What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Well, I think I finished my last Monster Fighters build of the season.  We built the Ghost Train tonight.  My son and I built them all except for the Haunted House and The Zombies.  I'm going to set out some more random minifigs, like Jason Voorhees, Mr. Good & Evil, and at least a witch with cauldron.  Other than that, it's pretty much finished.

Cool display and a little humorous for me looking at the Vampyre Castle. I see how the scale of the castle is with everything, then glance over at my Haunted House, and realize the house is actually bigger than the castle. Somehow that doesn't seem right. :wacko: :lol:
  • Like 1

My son and I built TMNT: Baxter's Robot Rampage last night.  Great and sturdy robot and the minifigs are pretty fantastic.  I see Baxter and April bringing in some good return later as an investment.  My son wants more mousers, so I need to figure something out there.  I'm still not sure what to do with the robot's right claw yet either.  It shoots off and they include a string to retrieve and reel back the claw, but I think my son wants it attached more firmly.  I might just get a couple peg attachments and rig something up.

My son and I built TMNT: Baxter's Robot Rampage last night.  Great and sturdy robot and the minifigs are pretty fantastic.  I see Baxter and April bringing in some good return later as an investment.  My son wants more mousers, so I need to figure something out there.

So long as April or Baxter do not appear in next year's sets of which I can see April doing so but not Baxter. As for the Mouser, that only takes up 10 parts which shouldn't cost much to Bricklink at all. I think the most pricy part is the claws going for $0.06-$0.10 a piece.

So long as April or Baxter do not appear in next year's sets of which I can see April doing so but not Baxter. As for the Mouser, that only takes up 10 parts which shouldn't cost much to Bricklink at all. I think the most pricy part is the claws going for $0.06-$0.10 a piece.

I bought a loose Turtle Lair without the minifigs, so we built it tonight.  Can't fool my son, he wants Splinter, so I'll be opening up another Turtle Lair tomorrow night and adding it on with some customization to this one.  It's pretty funny that Baxter's Robot is about the same size as the Turtle Lair.

Guest eightbrick

Busy day yesterday. Trying to make sure I'm not missing any pieces before I sort (yes I know I could have just used Bricklink but this was more fun  :sorcerer: ), so I built 14 (yes, 14) old Alpha Team sets and the 2007 MTT. The AT sets were actually really quick builds as they're mostly just premade large parts (typical of the late 90s early 2000s era).

I rebuilt my son's TMNT: Shellraiser for about the 12th  time.  That's what I get for sleeping in.

Haha, ouch. At this point, I don't think anyone would go well out of their way to find the first run of that Shellraiser with all the hassle I keep hearing about the build's structural integrity. I'm glad I have yet to buy the set at the moment but I'm working up to it as I still have one $5 off TMNT coupon left in my possession.

Guest eightbrick

My son and I double-up the TMNT: Turtle Lair and made it a little more substantial.  I like how the dojo turned out, but I need to figure out what I'm going to do with 2 pizza ovens?

That's awesome, nice!

I built the DD Funhouse Escape with my 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter today. This is a great set! I really like it. Good value for the money, in my opinion, and a lot of playability for the kids. They played for quite a while until the Joker pressed the "bomb button" and blew up the funhouse while I was making dinner...

My 2 year old daughter had fun too. She ended up carrying "guy" around all day who was also carrying "guy". Luckily we had the Arctic Batman handy to stand-in.

post-14676-0-69055400-1384148696_thumb.j

My friend built the Y-Wing. She loves Star Wars stuff, so she was so over joyed when I told her she could build it. We have put together the TIE Fighter and the Y-Wing so far and the Y-Wing by far was a more challenging build than the TIE fighter, but the TIE fighter looks a bit more accurate.

All in all, both were fun to build and she looks forward to building the MF soon!

Tonight, because it's way too complicated for my 5 yr old, I built the Hero Factory Witch Doctor. Wow. It's intricate, it's imposing, it's articulated, it's freaking awesome. Worth every penny of its current market price and then some. It's the only HF figure my son has agreed not to dismantle :) It has a place of pride on his bookshelf. It's watching him sleep... Haha better him than me.