What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I dug one out last night.  It's the next on my son's list.

Nice. She wanted me to start on one of my two HH's but I held back because still not sure I want to keep one for myself or sell them both down the road. Plus I was tired and didn't feel like building all of that, ha ha.

• Like 1

Nice. She wanted me to start on one of my two HH's but I held back because still not sure I want to keep one for myself or sell them both down the road. Plus I was tired and didn't feel like building all of that, ha ha.

Don't want to keep a Haunted House?!? Blasphemy! Seriously Josh it's the best Lego building you can buy, you gotta build it.

She wanted me to start on one of my two HH's but I held back because still not sure I want to keep one for myself or sell them both down the road. Plus I was tired and didn't feel like building all of that, ha ha.

Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! BUILD IT! :hyper:

Black Pearl.

In the past week, I have built LOTR Pirate Ship Ambush, POC Queen Anne, and POT Black Pearl.  I like the Queen Anne the most, this is easily one of my favorite lego sets in my collection.   Now I just need to get Imperial Flagship, but damn it's very expensive.

I have Imperial Flagship (pretty awesome build), Black Pearl (not so awesome but great) and QA ship (not build yet)...I would love to see modern ships to build.... like atomic icebreaker!!!

I just built the Haunted House last week.  Awesome set!  Since you have two, build one!!  It's a fantastic set!!  Plus it is a great display for Halloween.

I wish LEGO had a series of buildings that open like this.  I prefer this look over the modulars.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I finished the Grand Emporium. It's a genius set. Some models are a cut above, and it shows as you build them. This building was an utter joy from start to finish. Muuuch nicer than the Palace Cinema, and a contender for best structure alongside the HH. Next I'm doing either the Brigade or the Pet Shop, but I doubt they'll reach the bar set by the GE.

Just built 4840 The Burrow and 4842 Hogwarts - both are incredibly charming (like most of the HP sets), but Hogwarts has loads of homages to a number of different scenes from the movies.  It's really a slick set, and all the details make it worth the $250 people are paying for these used (or at least I hope!).

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm going to start building the HH tonight ready for Hallowe'en and put it on the lounge windowsill facing out and lluminated by red LEDs.  I'll then hand out free Swamp Creature sets to "Trick or Treaters" as I was given a load a few weeks back.

7965 Millennium Falcon - Awesome build.  Since I've come out of my dark ages relatively recently, I was very entertained by the modern building techniques that this model uses.  Lots of SNOT and some great detail both inside and out.  I really only collect OT Star Wars Lego and I'm glad I was able to add the Falcon to my collection.

10210 Imperial Flagship - I was able to ****** this on up shortly after it retired on ebay.  Haggling the price down combined with ebay bucks, I was able to get it for pretty darn close to it's original retail price  It's been sitting in the box ever since due to lack of space, but I finally carved out a space to display Lego.  It looks fantastic next to my Black Seas Barracuda that I got for Christmas back in '89.  It was a very enjoyable build, and again it was fun learning more of the new building techniques that the ship uses.  The little details are great, I'm happy I got out of my dark ages just in time because I probably would have paid the huge prices people are asking now for this set.

Well, I think I finished my last Monster Fighters build of the season.  We built the Ghost Train tonight.  My son and I built them all except for the Haunted House and The Zombies.  I'm going to set out some more random minifigs, like Jason Voorhees, Mr. Good & Evil, and at least a witch with cauldron.  Other than that, it's pretty much finished.

• Like 1

Well, I think I finished my last Monster Fighters build of the season.  We built the Ghost Train tonight.  My son and I built them all except for the Haunted House and The Zombies.  I'm going to set out some more random minifigs, like Jason Voorhees, Mr. Good & Evil, and at least a witch with cauldron.  Other than that, it's pretty much finished.

Cool pics. So it looks like you have all the Monster Fighters sets.