What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I still have this floating boat somewhere in my parent's attic:

4025-1-C-1-01.jpg

Not sure if it's larger but as you can see, the hull is made out of 5 separate hollow pieces. Also note that the boat in the picture above doesn't float. You need to attach the extra weight pieces underneath to stabilise it in the water.

Wow I remember having one of these and making it into a diorama for the local show. Might have to have a serious look through 25 year old photos and see what I can drudge up.

Built the LOTR Pirate Ambush and the Lone Ranger Constitution Train in the weekend.  The first Lego train and boat I think I have ever built!

The Pirate Ship looks great, a lot bigger than I was expecting.  Awesome minifigs as well.  Had a bent/broken ship piece in it though so have had to contact Lego for a new one.  I also found that with the little rounded pieces underneath the ship wouldn't sit flat, it had a noticeable side to side wobble.  Anyone else have that?

The train was great, a really fun build.  Not sure about the water tower and rock piece, would have preferred another train carriage.  Now I just have to get around to modding it with some Power Functions bits I bought for it :)

Hey new to the site. This is my first post. I built the 4x4 crawler exclusive edition today, it was pretty awesome. I have the original as well but really like this one a lot better. The color, the motorized winch, etc.. Just wish they would make printed pieces instead of using stickers since this is such an exclusive set.

post-27371-0-67393000-1376194141_thumb.j

post-27371-0-42720000-1376194153_thumb.j

• Like 1

Completed my Palace Cinema. What a great set! Makes a wonderful display piece and was a fun build (took about 5-6hrs with a couple movies in the background). Took my time with it over the course of 3 evenings. I was going to buy one of the older Modulars (already have GE) but couldn`t resist this one. Now, when double VIP points arrives, I`ll have to get the rest  :thumbsup:

Hey new to the site. This is my first post. I built the 4x4 crawler exclusive edition today, it was pretty awesome. I have the original as well but really like this one a lot better. The color, the motorized winch, etc.. Just wish they would make printed pieces instead of using stickers since this is such an exclusive set.

That set is definitely pretty sweet looking. Now you need to have battles between them.

I built all the current star wars battlepacks today.

I built 7778 Midi-scale Falcon. I liked it. It makes effecient work of its pieces, and forms a substantial and solid model. The shape is just right, too. My only real gripe is the stickered canopy. I got lucky, bought a used one, and the sticker was straight. But it's still just a large cone with black stickers...

Either way I know midi-scale gets a bad rap, but the Falcon is a decent set, and the perfect size for a compromise in display space. Fun build, too. I think I might open my midi Star Destroyer and build it now.

• Like 1

Went to the Lego store, but didn't do a pick a brick like I planned, so I bought my son a 

CLS-89 Eradicator Mech.  It took about an hour and a half to put all the models together, and he (he is almost 3) had fun watching me and handing me random pieces that I did not need yet.  

The model is pretty cool.  It has a lot of pieces for a 39.00 set, and the joint pieces work very well.  I'd like to get a few more of those pieces to build other robots.  I am pretty sure this is going to be one of the sets that gets a lot of rough playtime, and will end up becoming a much smaller version of the big robot and maybe 1 bigger alien bug.

I did not like the instructions.  There are 3 main parts to the robot, but it has you go through the build in an order that does not create the robot in a linear fashion.  Since it is a set of 5 different models, I guess it is ok,but if you want to jump in and build the robot first, it is very confusing.  There are 2 ships that get added to the legs to make the bot look like a robot, but they are also individual models.  One is a spaceship.  The legs are great, though.  This is my first Galaxy Squad set, but I will get a few more when I see them on clearance.  I will most likely even buy another one of these since it is a pretty easy build and fun for both of my kids.  

Over the past 3 weeks I finished these three sets:

• 10018 UCS Darth Maul:  Very difficult vertical build.  Annoying actually, but the end result was worth it.
  • 10175 UCS Vader's Tie Advanced:  Nice replica.  
  • 10211 Grand Emporium:  My favorite Modular.  Very detailed, inside and out.  The set contains a ton of rare/uncommon bricks.

Over the past 3 weeks I finished these three sets:

• 10018 UCS Darth Maul:  Very difficult vertical build.  Annoying actually, but the end result was worth it.
  • 10175 UCS Vader's Tie Advanced:  Nice replica.  
  • 10211 Grand Emporium:  My favorite Modular.  Very detailed, inside and out.  The set contains a ton of rare/uncommon bricks.

I want all three of these sets. You aren't kidding about the Emporium - I believe last time I checked it would cost over $300 to bricklink that set. I think the $150 price tag is really reasonable on it and it will do awesome after EOL - whenever that is.

I completed this 6080.

Brings back memories of 1986 when I built my own one. Still got bits of it somewhere, a bit battered and gunpowered stained (my battles became more realistic :D until the Health & Safety Nazis came to NZ in the late 1980s. What's wrong with selling gunpowder products to 14 year olds?  :rofl: ).

This good condition one is now on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290962262266?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_1242wt_1170

post-2646-0-78470400-1376766834_thumb.jp

I completed this 6080.

Brings back memories of 1986 when I built my own one. Still got bits of it somewhere, a bit battered and gunpowered stained (my battles became more realistic :D until the Health & Safety Nazis came to NZ in the late 1980s. What's wrong with selling gunpowder products to 14 year olds?  :rofl: ).

This good condition one is now on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290962262266?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_1242wt_1170

WoW I loved that set. Top Job! Stomping