What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Bricks, that is awesome.

We need a thread for stuff that our kids build. My son is always building his own "sets", which always seem to include a vehicle, structure, and a few named minifigs. He is 5.

This is Captain Gunray's base. The Captain is the guy on the far left. I love the little cannon though, actually a pretty creative use of detail I thought that I could see on a ship or something.

This is a farm set of course. I get the brush for the horse, and the broom for the stall. A little concerned on what they plan to do with the axe though.

Finally opened up the Haunted House I have had since last Christmas and built it to display for Halloween.  It took me about 9 hours over a 3 day period.  It was a really enjoyable build and it looks even better in person than it does in the pictures.  I really like the sand green color and all of the little details that are in this set!

Doesn't that set just kick major ass?! It's wicked awesome and the prize in my own collection. Practically the perfect Lego set to me.

Built this hog over the weekend.

Nice! What set is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onCOdhbN7c :rofl:

This weekend my boys (6 & 4) will start putting together our Monster Fighter collection - we have everything except the mad scientist lab. Last year we put a sweet display in our front porch window for ourselves and for Halloween visitors. A little black light and some dry ice fog, and the display looks awesome. I'll try to get some pics when we're done.

I scored a scarecrow from the current minifigure series, so we'll have to give him a prominent spot in the display - perhaps a small corn field to one side of the HH.

• Like 1

I bought a MSIB 8169 a few months back for $70 (half its current value per BP.com), and I just opened the box it came in yesterday (in order to use the same box for shipping something else). Well, I had no intention of building this set, but the box is pristine, and the car looks so amazing....and there's a newly-made clean spot on my desk.

So, I may build this while the kids build the MF Halloween display mentioned above...decisions, decisions.

What would you do? Build or hold?

Well, I took apart one of my Log Cabins to put together the other alternate build, a River Hut.

(Image purely for referance.)

5766_alt2.png

Oddly enough it seems a little bit bigger (or should I say 'stouter') than the other alternate, Country Retreat, yet shorter at the same time. It appears big enough from the outside but there is absolutely no room at all to move inside until you remove the roof which also happens to be the side wall. I must say each build has at least one thing going for it one way or another but the main model of the set really where it is all at. Decent build for $30 (better for less) but I can see this set easily be dethroned if another Creator house at a much larger scale (think Family House) comes along with oodles of those reddish brown bricks.

Got started putting together sets from a large lot I bought, last couple days have built:

4842 Hogwarts Castle

7189 Mill Village Raid

4184 Black Pearl

7052 Alien Conquest ship

8077 Atlantis Exploration HQ

Keeping up with this lot, have also now built:

4195 Queen Anne's Revenge

10217 Diagon Alley

10193 Medieval Market Village

7065 Alien Conquest Mothership

8075 Atlantis Neptune Carrier

Trying to mix stuff up so I don't get bored with any certain theme. 

Man, that Vampyre Castle is a real wicked beauty. :vampire: Kind of funny how large Lord Vampyre's hearse is sitting next to it. Dang, that car really is BIG! :lol:

It's definitely pretty big. My son took the vampire out of the coffin and he's now riding shotgun. I'm not sure I'd want a zombie cheaffer to drive me around.

My wife wants to finish off the campervan with me so tonight I did a quick little build: 9461 The Swamp Creature. Really cool figs and some nice pieces including silver grills and studs, some trans green stuff and 3 guns (1a spare piece). Few nice tan bits too. I got it discounted as well so all in all well worth it and something to do for a few minutes!

Ferris Wheel.  But for some reasons, the rubberbands that supplied with the set do not have strong enough tension to support the rotation, so the wheel currently doesn't rotate :-(

I did a little research by googling, seems like other people have the same issue.

That's never fun. Hope you can get it rotating in the future.