What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Tonight I built 9497 Republic Striker-Class Starfighter. (The name is bigger than the ship lol).

It's a nice build, and I really like the red/orange/white color scheme. The folding wings are stable and work very well. I wish it had some landing gear. The minifigs are okay; the brick-built droid is awesome. I'm considering keeping him when I sell the set.

built heartlake high with my daughter this morning. it's a superb friends set, with lots of details, and it fits in beautifully in her little friends town, right next to Olivia's house. she loves the idea that now her friends characters have a place to go to school, just like she does! (she starts 1st grade this Tuesday).

• Like 1

Built 7782 Batwing Joker's Aerial Assault.  What a great build, and the Batwing itself is absolutely phenomenal...

Also built 7264 Imperial Inspection.  Another nice set.  Well designed and solid - very surprising for a ship with a massive tail wing and two huge articulating side wings.

LOTR Pirate Ship ambush - not a huge ship build but plenty of intricate details. I especially like the use of chains and Pronted shields. More like Destiny's Bounty than the POTC or older ships. Comes with 9 figures and 4 of them exclusive (Peter Jackson pirate guy and 3 dead knights). Good value at 20% or more off I think!

I just got 2 at 30% off, trying hard to not build one yet.  This is not helping. :thumbsup:

built heartlake high with my daughter this morning. it's a superb friends set, with lots of details, and it fits in beautifully in her little friends town, right next to Olivia's house. she loves the idea that now her friends characters have a place to go to school, just like she does! (she starts 1st grade this Tuesday).

Awesome, I can't wait to build this one! The owl!!! Did she have any thoughts on the owl?

Started building Tower of Orthanc this week. My daughter saw the box and kept asking when I was going to build "Lord of the Rings". She built the eagle and the first orc, and declared she gets to build the "globe thing" (I think she means the orb). I've finished the ent and the first floor of the tower. Honestly that ent is the coolest Lego thing I've built this far (know that my experience has been primarily Friends sets!). I love the range of moment from the legs to the individual fingers, and how you can move the right arm up and down using the knob in the back. If anyone's been wondering how girl sets differ from boy sets, well there you go. I'm interested in building more action figures that move like Treebeard. Any recommendations??

My daughter's interest in the Tower has waned now. Though I did notice the orc sitting on Treebeard's head the other day.

Awesome, I can't wait to build this one! The owl!!! Did she have any thoughts on the owl?

Started building Tower of Orthanc this week. My daughter saw the box and kept asking when I was going to build "Lord of the Rings". She built the eagle and the first orc, and declared she gets to build the "globe thing" (I think she means the orb). I've finished the ent and the first floor of the tower. Honestly that ent is the coolest Lego thing I've built this far (know that my experience has been primarily Friends sets!). I love the range of moment from the legs to the individual fingers, and how you can move the right arm up and down using the knob in the back. If anyone's been wondering how girl sets differ from boy sets, well there you go. I'm interested in building more action figures that move like Treebeard. Any recommendations??

My daughter's interest in the Tower has waned now. Though I did notice the orc sitting on Treebeard's head the other day.

she loves the owl and the idea that the teacher uses it to teach "science" class. it also doubles as the school mascot. I am a big believer in this theme from a parent with a young daughter as well as an investor. this 36 year old male has no problem buying a cart load of friends sets (at the right price of course!).

she loves the owl and the idea that the teacher uses it to teach "science" class. it also doubles as the school mascot. I am a big believer in this theme from a parent with a young daughter as well as an investor. this 36 year old male has no problem buying a cart load of friends sets (at the right price of course!).

That's awesome. I was wondering why there was an owl of all animals in this set. (I originally thought the designers at Lego were rummaging through the "animal" section of the warehouse and thought, hey, let's bring back the owl!) Though if it's the mascot, that makes sense (and at least they're not dissecting him!). There was an owl/nerd craze among girls that we're still seeing the tail end of.

Also good for you, building with your daughter!

Was wondering too, do the modular rooms in the high school fit with the rooms in Olivia's House?

That's awesome. I was wondering why there was an owl of all animals in this set. (I originally thought the designers at Lego were rummaging through the "animal" section of the warehouse and thought, hey, let's bring back the owl!) Though if it's the mascot, that makes sense (and at least they're not dissecting him!). There was an owl/nerd craze among girls that we're still seeing the tail end of.

Also good for you, building with your daughter!

Was wondering too, do the modular rooms in the high school fit with the rooms in Olivia's House?

lol...now that is a funny picture you just put in my head. the owl getting dissected. Lego should have included a couple of frogs for that purpose...lol. I think I have a few extras in our parts collection that we can add to the science room. the modular rooms do in fact fit with Olivia's house, so you can mix and match them any way you want to create a super huge mulit-purpose building. I think I have more fun than my daughter does with some of these sets. my son's AT-AT is planning an attack on Friends Town after lunch though. It should be interesting.

Last night i built 9492 TIE Fighter. It was an okay build. No special pieces, and a bit repetitive. But the finished product is pretty cool. It's bigger and more stable than I expected, and it looks great on display.

I also built 7139 Ewok Attack. It's a nice little set; I especially like the falling logs trap. Very effective for knocking out scout troopers. Oh and the mini speeder bike is perfect.

Not yet. I'll probably post them on a couple days! I think what makes it stand out more is all the foliage and overall color scheme. I hope TLG continues to produce more regular locations instead of only ships and such.

Yeah I love this set. This opens up a whole new market - I love these huge display sets that are also playsets.

Jeeze, it took hours to build but I finally completed the Haunted House! This is an absolutely amazing design that will stay on display permanently. It is an incredible work of art with great interior and play features, and I love every little facet about it. I'm so happy, I can hardly contain myself! :yahoo:

Maybe this classic theme tune can help demonstrate my excitement. :danced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=891XuTSjqaM

• Like 1