What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

LOL there you go with the Cake Mania reference again!

I know! :laugh: I can't help it. Why did they go and make the game just so....fun?

That's a neat idea...turning 4 corner bakeries into an enclosed store. Post some pics if you're able to do it!

Is that a challenge? :you: It certainly is a tempting idea but I haven't seen this set in stores yet. The Heartlake Pet Salon and City Pool, yes; this one, nope.

I just did a quick Google search for lego sushi. Everything looks depressingly...square. :P

I see what you mean. I did find this circular one.

4883528887_54a513b9ea_b.jpg

Lego Sushi Plate>Lego Sushi Plate by Centuri, on Flickr

And this.

8426363962_80d435de50_o.jpg

Lego Sushi: Giant Centipede Roll>Lego Sushi: Giant Centipede Roll by Siercon and Coral, on Flickr

This one will give you a laugh! (It has the "s" word in it so I did not post it directly here.)

Lego Sushi>Lego Sushi

I know! :laugh: I can't help it. Why did they go and make the game just so....fun?

Is that a challenge? :you: It certainly is a tempting idea but I haven't seen this set in stores yet. The Heartlake Pet Salon and City Pool, yes; this one, nope.

I see what you mean. I did find this circular one.

4883528887_54a513b9ea_b.jpg

Lego Sushi Plate>Lego Sushi Plate by Centuri, on Flickr

And this.

8426363962_80d435de50_o.jpg

Lego Sushi: Giant Centipede Roll>Lego Sushi: Giant Centipede Roll by Siercon and Coral, on Flickr

This one will give you a laugh! (It has the "s" word in it so I did not post it directly here.)

Lego Sushi>Lego Sushi

Thanks for finding all these non-square pics. I like the lacy-ness of the seaweed in the first one. The second one is just disturbing (though I do like the pink blanket used for the ginger). And the last one is funny.

Built a couple of the new LOTR sets today.  Wizard Battle and Black Gate.  Both pretty simplistic and straightforward, loving the minifigs though, Mouth of Sauron and Gandalf the White especially.  Have a 2nd Black Gate to do as well to expand into a full gate.

Guest eightbrick

Have built a bunch of sets over the past few days:

2 Sandcrawlers

6210 Sail barge

MTT

Garmadons Fortress

Shuttle Adventure

VW Beetle

The Burrow

7905 Crane

Up next: 6211 ISD

Mamma mia!

Myself, I am pretty behind in this game. Built a nanoblock panda bear and friends poly (the turtle) on a train ride, that's all. I know, pretty sad (I dont know what I should be more embarrassed about, the Friends set or the Nanoblock set xD ). Truthfully though, I enjoyed both builds, and was surprised yet again by how long it took me to finish the nanoblock set (I believe it took me a good 25 minutes to half an hour).

Built a couple of the new LOTR sets today.  Wizard Battle and Black Gate.  Both pretty simplistic and straightforward, loving the minifigs though, Mouth of Sauron and Gandalf the White especially.  Have a 2nd Black Gate to do as well to expand into a full gate.

I also just got done with Black Gate.  It was defintely smaller than I had envisioned.  Glad I got it 30% off.  Figures are great, will definitely end up building a 2nd one, just don't want to open the other one I got just yet!

Last night I finished 7946 King's Castle (the red one from 2010). With that I've done most sets from the 2010 Kingdoms line. These were my first castle sets, and I'm very impressed. All together they make a fantastic scene. I'll try to post some pics if I have some time this weekend.

In the process of building 10030, the ucs imperial star destroyer. This bad boy is huge!! Internal frame and stand is very well designed and sturdy. Use of magnets to support the pieces is very clever. Ill do a review when I'm done. Lots of tiny details as well

Finished building the Friends Dolphin Cruiser tonight!! It's a clever design with lots of little details girls would love. I'll post some pics when I get the chance.

Another member had pointed out that the Dolphin Cruiser doesn't float (yup, there's holes along the bottom). Now I'm curious about those Lego boats that do float. How are they designed? Is the bottom of the boat one entire piece? (The base of the DC is 4 separate pieces.)

Finished building the Friends Dolphin Cruiser tonight!! It's a clever design with lots of little details girls would love. I'll post some pics when I get the chance.

Another member had pointed out that the Dolphin Cruiser doesn't float (yup, there's holes along the bottom). Now I'm curious about those Lego boats that do float. How are they designed? Is the bottom of the boat one entire piece? (The base of the DC is 4 separate pieces.)

I'm not sure how they do it these days, but 25 years ago, a floating boat looked like this:

DSC02681es.jpg

So no, not one piece. On the contrary.

• Like 1

Just barely finished the 75018 Jek's Stealth Starfighter. Took a little over an hour while watching TV. Fun build, really great looking ship in person, and the minifigs are all very awesome!

It does have a high price tag at $70 with only 550 pieces and 4 minifigs, but if you get it from a LEGO store (plus a small $5 item) before the end of the month you can get a free hot dog cart and VIP points too, tis what I did.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind to pay an extra few bucks to get the ones I actually want to build and "play" with right away from the LEGO store. All the others I'll most likely wait for appropriate discounts, however if the past is any indication I'll probably be stopping by the LEGO store again tomorrow after work to pick up the 75025 Cruiser since I have been dwelling on not picking that one up instead haha.

Oh LEGO, you got me again!