What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Built The Burrow the other day as I had most of the pieces from a lot I bought from a garage sale and bricklinked the other few I needed.  Nice set, I can see why it took off like it did.  Unfortunately don't have the figures, but the house goes well with our other HP sets.  I really like the color scheme they used for this one.

I built 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge. It is hands down the strangest set I've done. Not difficult really, but it uses techniques I've never seen before. The finished product is really cool, though. I had planned to sell it on, but I might display it for a while. Ebay is flooded with them right now, anyway.

6211 - Imperial Star Destroyer.

Boring interior, ugly top of the ship, just not a fan of this build at all. Might be one of the few that I quickly deal away as I don't like it's display potential.

edit - Might cover the outside with flat gray pieces, hide the studs. Maybe that will help? haha

You forgot the flat bottom and engines built from recycled tires. Oh, and that weird balcony on the bridge. I'm with you, it's uggggly.

I'm building the Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle today.  I built bag 1 this morning, but I have to spend several hours on the tractor now mowing, mowing, mowing. It seems like it's all I've done this Summer.  My son loves the bats and took them right over to his SH: Bat Cave and has been going nuts for a couple hours with them.

I built the Extremis Sea Port Battle (well, my son did most of it).  The boat is bigger than it looks on the box and the missiles are nicely done.  It's definitely worth picking up, as an investor, for the War Machine figure.  I've bought about 6 copies, so I didn't have to face the open-or-not dilemma. :)

I finally had enough time to sit down and build something the other night. I opened up my second Log Cabin set and built the 2nd alternate design, Country Retreat. (Images here purely for referance.)

h2_5766_detail_9_large.jpg

5766_alt6.png

It's an okay little design but like many Creator sets, you can tell all the bricks and effort went into the main 'experienced' build. This alternate is really small but does feature some furnishings at least. Amusingly, it uses the same exact floorplate arrangment as the main model. It does have some cute facets about it and plenty of room for additions. A lot of leftover parts from this one.

If I can find another of this set, I may just build the first alternate design, a River Hut. After that, I have a few odd ideas of combining them all into one larger wooden shanty or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally opened up the Haunted House I have had since last Christmas and built it to display for Halloween.  It took me about 9 hours over a 3 day period.  It was a really enjoyable build and it looks even better in person than it does in the pictures.  I really like the sand green color and all of the little details that are in this set!  

• Like 2

Today I built a 10144 sand crawler with my son. What a great set! It took us about four hours off and on. I just put it up for sale on eBay for $249. It is 100% complete with all figs, manual, and box. My ID is scoob222000 if you want to check it out. Tomorrow we are going to build the 10198 tantive IV.