What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Got started on our Palace Cinema - first floor done, very nice build. Also built the little mini holiday exclusive from last month, can't wait to get the second part of it over Black Friday weekend to complete the scene.

Just got done finishing my own Palace Cinema last night.  Looks great with all the others.  However, I didn't think that this modular had that many interesting techniques in it.  It was a pretty straightforward build compared to other modulars.  Just my opinion though.  I don't buy sets to be blown away by some new technique, but I do like learning new ways to build something, and I didn't think this set really did that.  The Parisian Restaurant looks to show us some new things, however.

• Like 1

Just finished the AT-TE.  What a cool set.  Minifigures are good, but the AT-TE is really the star.

Nice. I have this sealed set stashed under my desk at work. My little "Break in case of B.S. levels getting to high" mini-vacation...

If the B.S. gets to Biblical proportion, Jabba Palace and Rancor pit are at the ready, too.

• Like 1

Has anyone built the new AT-TE and the last one, 7675 I think? I built the last one. I was looking at the new one and thinking it seemed a lot smaller. Is it?

I have no idea about the new AT-TE. I have the 4482 AT-TE. I wanted the 7675, but I did not get it. Now, I am thinking about getting the new one.

9466 Crazy Scientist and His Monster.  very fun build, and I really like the finished model.  The car is a little goofy but it fits with the theme. 

9462 The Mummy.  Found a beat up one on clearance at my local TRU, looks like it was lost behind a shelf or something.  Only after I bought it did I realize that they stopped making a glow version of the mummy.  Mine is the glowing version, score!  I really like this set, the girl and her helicopter thing looks steampunkish, and I'm digging the glowing skeletal horse.  It's a really small build so it's all about the minifigs.

Monster Fighters in general has really grown on me.  I was going to just get the Haunted House, but I ended up picking up everything except for the zombies this year.

Guest eightbrick

Batman vs. Bane Tumbler Chase - My son is a huge fan of The Bat and he's never seen "The Dark Knight Rises".  It's a pretty awesome vehicle creation.

Definitely looks like a very cool set that has a lot of potential. Had that tumbler been just a little less... pathetic it might be able to get up to Batman I status. Sigh, that would be the perfect opportunity for the Brent Waller Tumbler to be put in. Is the autopilot in the Bat functioning? :D

Just got done finishing my own Palace Cinema last night.  Looks great with all the others.  However, I didn't think that this modular had that many interesting techniques in it.  It was a pretty straightforward build compared to other modulars.  Just my opinion though.  I don't buy sets to be blown away by some new technique, but I do like learning new ways to build something, and I didn't think this set really did that.  The Parisian Restaurant looks to show us some new things, however.

This is the first of the modulars we've started building, so it sounds like it was a good one to start with - not disappointed. :-) We finished the 2nd floor two nights ago.

We've got the Grand Emporium ready to build when we finish this, and I'm ordering the Fire Brigade and the non-modular modular Haunted House on the 23rd online.

We've also started sorting through my husbands many, many, MANY sets that he is willing to part with to raise funds to buy the three retired modulars - almost done counting parts for his pristine used UCS Star Destroyer, that'll make a nice start to the fund!

This is the first of the modulars we've started building, so it sounds like it was a good one to start with - not disappointed. :-) We finished the 2nd floor two nights ago.

We've got the Grand Emporium ready to build when we finish this, and I'm ordering the Fire Brigade and the non-modular modular Haunted House on the 23rd online.

We've also started sorting through my husbands many, many, MANY sets that he is willing to part with to raise funds to buy the three retired modulars - almost done counting parts for his pristine used UCS Star Destroyer, that'll make a nice start to the fund!

If you ever want a Market Street, let me know :P

• Like 1

Baxter Robot.  It was fun to build--but very flimsy.  Hard to get it to stand up properly--and nearly impossible for a 5 year old to play with. It was worth $25 though.  $40--no.

Mine is pretty sturdy, at least compared to the Lex Luthor robot.  I have trouble keeping Lex's robot standing sometimes.