What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I have been building ninjago all day.  My 4 year old can not get enough of these and has me making them as fast as I can.  We have built all the new ones except the big Mech dragon.  Tonight I get the joy of building the temple and sonic raider.  I am in ninjago hell!!!!!!

• Like 2

It was a none stop Atlantis, Toy Story and Sponge Bob builds for the past week. Kids had dreams about them afterwards.   Plus inventorying them photographing and updating bricklink wanted list :).  I've scored a bucket full of them about 30 for a $100 on craiglist, couldn't pass it up and now I am going insane.  So today will be a bricklinked green grocer day and maybe a little bit of Designer Han lowloader.  I have to finish all the PFs on it.

• Like 1

Built the new Cinderella's Romantic Castle last night.  Took a couple of hours w/ some distractions from my own little princess. A little on the small side, but it's got some nice playability for the little one, w/ several rooms, a secret key behind a bookcase, a dog house, some treasure and other little accessories.  The figures aren't as bad in person as I thought they'd be.

Next up, Dolphin Cruiser.

• Like 2

Over the last two days, the boy and I have built GS Eradicator Mech, Eris Eagle Interceptor, Epic Dragon Battle, and Gandalf Arrives. Next up is Silver Mine Shootout, Lion Chi Temple, Fire Truck, and Dragon Mountain. My son is like Rod Carew - when it comes to themes, he sprays to all fields...

• Like 2

Over the last two days, the boy and I have built GS Eradicator Mech, Eris Eagle Interceptor, Epic Dragon Battle, and Gandalf Arrives. Next up is Silver Mine Shootout, Lion Chi Temple, Fire Truck, and Dragon Mountain. My son is like Rod Carew - when it comes to themes, he sprays to all fields...

I am out of likes but consider this the equivalent.

Built LR silver mine, train, and Colby city with my 7 yr old LR and lego fanatic. It's worth repeating that these are really nice builds and quality sets with high playability - too bad the movie has stigmatized these sets!

How did the Silver Mine look with the train chugging through it? This is the set up I am most excited about. I still need to get a Colby City to complete the Wild West train table.

Rebuking part of the

Wait wait wait, are you telling me the train can go thru the mine?

Yes, it is doable. Just need to make the opening of the mine larger for the train. I'll be doing the same with 9V as that is much easier than Power Functions,

Here is a link to one example and I attached pics from the oerson's flicker page.

LEGO The Lone Ranger-Silver Mine Shootout-Making Modifications'' target='_blank'>LEGO The Lone Ranger-Silver Mine Shootout-Making Modifications>LEGO The Lone Ranger-Silver Mine Shootout-Making Modifications

I'll also find the other link with more details.

post-3743-0-01833300-1388170194_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-67285300-1388170203_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-04566300-1388170214_thumb.jp

• Like 4

It was a none stop Atlantis, Toy Story and Sponge Bob builds for the past week. Kids had dreams about them afterwards.   Plus inventorying them photographing and updating bricklink wanted list :).  I've scored a bucket full of them about 30 for a $100 on craiglist, couldn't pass it up and now I am going insane.  So today will be a bricklinked green grocer day and maybe a little bit of Designer Han lowloader.  I have to finish all the PFs on it.

I've been considering brick linking a couple sets, but haven't done it yet. Roughly, how does it compare to buying. Is it a bit cheaper? (I'm speaking of roughly MSRP not GG prices now).

From MSRP perspective it doesn't make any sense to bricklink a set unless you already have ton of bricks floating around the house.  Bricklinking a retired set and making color substitutions could save you a lot of money compared to market price.   Here are some examples that I recently finished building.

Caf