What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Guest eightbrick

I read a great article over at From Bricks to Bothans about some really cool custom Lego ornaments. check it out here:

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/19/bricking-the-halls-part-1-trimming-the-tree/

I built the mini Slave I and gave it to a friend for christmas.

Nice. That Slave I is excellent. Today I built my Christmas gift, the Mini Modulars. Hopefully will finish my pictorial article on it tomorrow. Still can't believe how many pieces there are in it for such a small set  :shocked:

I read a great article over at From Bricks to Bothans about some really cool custom Lego ornaments. check it out here:

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/19/bricking-the-halls-part-1-trimming-the-tree/

I built the mini Slave I and gave it to a friend for christmas.

11175247686_d9a7526da5.jpg

Awesome share. +1 like from me :)

Too bad I didn't know about these little guys before Christmas. I'll be building them for next year!

On a building spree.  Just finished 7623 Temple Escape.  Iconic scene.  Build was alright....final result is extremely fragile though.  Bought this one used w/ box and instructions off ebay over the summer for 75.  Missing the snake and the coins.  It's either going back on ebay or will be in my office at work, can't decide.

Guest eightbrick

I'm heading to my closest Lego Store tomorrow, on the off chance they still have one or two.  I want one of these for myself.  It looks fun, and I, too, am amazed at the number of pieces this set has!

Definitely keep one for yourself! The small pieces can get frustrating, but its a real fun set. Refreshing is the word I'm looking for. Well, my article was submitted, here's a little teaser (forgive my shameless self promo but I was really excited to do my first pictorial article :D ):

IMG_1128_zps29a7a0a8.jpg

My 5 year old boy has been on a building spree since Christmas and I've been having fun helping out. Started with the Cargo Train, then Coat Guard Patrol, Stormer XL, and into Ninjago Temple of Light and Epic Dragon Battle. The Cargo Train was his and my favorite by far. I was really disappointed with Epic Dragon....the dragon is very clunky and just a mess of a build I thought. But the large snake is very cool in that set.

• Like 1

I built a 1271 Jungle Surprise that I found in a thrift shop a while ago.  The only thing missing was one little snake.  Here are some pics of the box, the build, and the build after a more recent CMF stopped by for a visit.  Funny how that happens.

post-15687-0-91453500-1388360402_thumb.j

post-15687-0-67996100-1388360410_thumb.j

post-15687-0-61638900-1388360434_thumb.j

Guest eightbrick

I built a 1271 Jungle Surprise that I found in a thrift shop a while ago.  The only thing missing was one little snake.  Here are some pics of the box, the build, and the build after a more recent CMF stopped by for a visit.  Funny how that happens.

Looks nice. Adventurers was a great line  :thumbsup:

The VW Camper Van! A really cool set though definitely a display piece. The roof is a little flimsy over the double side doors, but otherwise it's a pretty nice build. The engine in the back does it for me!

Great job, I'm not sure if you saw my post about the roof. I reinforced the roof the same way with one addition. I added a 1x4 white flat tile to the rear above the truck opening. That really helps with that area.

Link =

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3628-vw-camper-on-amazon/page-2#entry133977

• Like 1

Built the 7897 white passenger train. Bought it off ebay as complete but was missing figs and pieces and stickers were poorly applied. The battery terminals were corroded and not functioning.

Used some vinegar to fix the terminals and it powered right up. Found the missing pieces in my collection so no worries there.

I really like the train and it will go good with my collection.

Great job, I'm not sure if you saw my post about the roof. I reinforced the roof the same way with one addition. I added a 1x4 white flat tile to the rear above the truck opening. That really helps with that area.

Link = http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3628-vw-camper-on-amazon/page-2#entry133977

No I didn't see that, thanks. I just put a 1x4 tile on the back. Where did you put the 2x4 tiles?