What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Built the Silver Mine Shootout today. After I was done, my first thought was that if this set didn't have "Disney's The Lone Ranger" on it, investors would be hoarding it. It is a sweet western themed set that has so many cool play features. Great minifigures (Chief Big Bear is incredible) too - the set has everything.

I did wind up doing my own modifications to allow the train to pass through. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, but I thought it came out decently. Here are a couple pics to show how it came out (yes, that's my son's "Bertie" minifigure that my wife requested at our local Legoland DC - we're supposed to bring Bertie on adventures and take his picture while on them).

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

As a fellow lego train collector. AWESOME!

Did you think about using 9v? I use that for easier conversions.

As a fellow lego train collector. AWESOME!

Did you think about using 9v? I use that for easier conversions.

I didn't for two reasons:

1. The silver mine comes with two sections of the straight, hard track running through it already in place, so I figured I would use what was there.

2. I have no 9V track.

I think you could make the switch relatively easily, though.

Finished Tower of Orthanc last night. Tedious build. Rinse repeat. 8x, 16x, 32x...that sorta thing. Outside was boring, inside rooms were ok, couple of cool stickers showing all 5 wizards. Light up crystal ball is nice touch, going to swap it with the Wizard Battle Eye of Sauron glass ball shortly and see how that lights up.

ToC looks awesome, ominous, and big but as for build, kinda glad it is over.

Looking forward to R2 build.

I didn't for two reasons:

1. The silver mine comes with two sections of the straight, hard track running through it already in place, so I figured I would use what was there.

2. I have no 9V track.

I think you could make the switch relatively easily, though.

Thanks Quacs.

I have both layouts but decided to use 9v.  what can i say, "i'm old school"  ha

if you have a chance, please sitemail me a video of the train running (if you have one on youtube).  simply awesome setup.

in the last week, i built a recently purchased "complete" black pearl from ebay.  missing 16 minor elements (24 total pieces).. ugh.  contacted the seller.

also built a "complete" 10144 sandcrawler that was purchased some months ago.  only missing one brown grille 1x2 tile.  not too bad for a $140 purchase.  the jawa  capes are legit and in decent shape.

Not bought anything for months....so went a bit overboard today. However I only paid RRP on two sets

Palace Cinema x1

Pet Shop x1

Fire Brigade x1

Helms Deep x1

Constitution Train Chase x2

Silver Mine Shootout x2

Stagecoach Escape x1

Comanche Camp x1

The Wizard Battle x1

Iron Man vs Mandarin Ultimate Showdown x3

Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers x2

Clone Troopers vs Droidekas x2 

Not a 'set' per say but I did put together my complete set of The Lego Movie Minifigures. The detail on all of them is great as usual but the overall feeling still seems thrown about as a whole. The Scibble-face Bad Cop and Hard Hat Emmet feel like two spots better suited to something you can't already get in one of the box sets. Aside from the weird scribble face on the cop and hard hat on Emmet, there isn't anything standoutish about either of them. The robots are my favorites of course but I really like Larry the Barista and now even the "Where are my Pants?" Guy. Haha. Also, President Business seems like a waste considering he already is in one of the biggest sets.

Finished up Tower of Orthanc today.  While it's a lot of black, I didn't find it monotonous at all.  It was a lot of fun and straightforward.  I don't think even a moderate beginner would have much difficulty with it.  The Ent was a lot cooler in person than in the picture, and I love the slamming orc function.  Definitely will grab a few more in time, was happy to build one that I was able to get down to $90 with VIP/gift card.  Takes a bit of the sting off when breaking the seals.

Over the past two days, I built:

6846 Tri-Star Voyager

6930 Space Supply Station

6951 Robot Command Center

6950 Mobile Rocket Transport

6848 Interplanetary Shuttle

6891 Gamma V Laser Craft

6881 Lunar Rocket Launcher

6882 Walking Astro Grappler

6970 Beta 1 Command Base

6928 Uranium Search Vehicle

6931 FX Star Patroller

6890 Cosmic Cruser

6847 Space Dozer

6804 Surface Rover

6825 Cosmic Comet

6850 Auxiliary Patroller

6684 Police Patrol Squad

6986 Mission Commander

6927 All Terrain Vehicle

Most of the sets are missing a couple pieces, but all the minifigures are there. Some sets came with the instructions, and some with their original boxes. The best part was seeing the 6986 Mission Commander box still have the original store price tag on it.

10235 Winter Village Market

I actually did "Part 2", the carousel, last month.  Tonight, I finally got around to putting together the stands.

I enjoyed putting it together, but I understand now why people were disappointed that it wasn't a building this year.  I've got the Post Office and the Cottage in the queue, and I'm really looking forward to those buildings.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Just built that one about an hour ago as well! Really neat little set isn`t it? Debating getting a couple others just for the Rabbit and Dog as well. 

just got done with the dog and yea going to have to get two more sets

Finally picked up a Tower of Orthanc at a decent price for my personal collection and started building it over the weekend.  So far I'm impressed.  not just with the look of the tower but surprisingly with the mini builds and details within each level of the structure as well.