What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Finishing Jabba Sail Barge 75020. I have no want or need for brown slopes now.

Pros:

I like the emphasis on food...it is Jabba, after all.

Jabba and Leia minifigs are excellent

Some clever build techniques

Wheels on base make for smooth rolling on carpet, wood, etc.

Cons:

Stickers - didn't use them

Now I'm obligated to get the skiff

Now I'm 'almost' obligated to build my Slave I, Jabba Palace and Rancor

Good thing I demoed all the HP stuff on my display shelves. I was planning TLM sets to be on display, but somehow I've built several Star Wars sets in the past few weeks. Life is good when those are your few problems...

Wife and I are still working on the Haunted House.  She put the idea into my head that we should be a Friends version.  Hmm...

Daughter and I built 75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.

Definitely got my money's worth out of that build.  It's pretty complicated.  Fun build.  Especially tying together 60 pieces of tank tread.

79103 Turtle Lair Attack, was an impulse buy.  Got it with a 50% discount since it looked like someone put their fist through the front of the box.  Contents were still good.

Haven't put much thought into the TMNT line, but it was a fun little build and brought back some memories since I was really into the 80's cartoon.  I looked up the Nick cartoon the Lego sets are based on and watched the first episode, it's actually pretty good.

I think I'm going to bricklink the other 2 turtles and MOC up a bigger turtle lair.

79103 Turtle Lair Attack, was an impulse buy.  Got it with a 50% discount since it looked like someone put their fist through the front of the box.  Contents were still good.

Haven't put much thought into the TMNT line, but it was a fun little build and brought back some memories since I was really into the 80's cartoon.  I looked up the Nick cartoon the Lego sets are based on and watched the first episode, it's actually pretty good.

I think I'm going to bricklink the other 2 turtles and MOC up a bigger turtle lair.

Here's what my son and I did for a larger turtle lair:

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse

didn't build anything today but expecting more snow and I'm sick off winter so took down all the winter themed sets.   

I actually enjoy the show with the kids. I don't know how accurate it is to the source material but I don't really care, I think the show is entertaining.  

didn't build anything today but expecting more snow and I'm sick off winter so took down all the winter themed sets.

Today was warm... Car told me -24.5C this morning. Yesterday morning was -35.7C with -51C windchill at the local airport.

I think I'm going to do the same... Bye bye winter sets!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

I was wondering how that was going. What was the final cost if you don't mind sharing?

Honestly, it's hard to say.  I'm probably paying about what I would if I had just bought it off eBay.

I had a bulk lot here, and tried going through that.  But I spent hours upon hours going through it, and while I got a lot, I didn't get everything.  It's tough because there are a lot of 1x1 bricks in there.  This isn't the best set to try to piece together from a bulk set.

So, I combed through my inventory of sets that I'm parting out and pulled out stuff from there.  Then, I'm BL'ing the rest.  I had a pretty sizeable order set, but the person I was buying it from never sent it.  So I had to recreate the order again.  I also refused to do any substitutions, which brought the cost up as well.

I've spent far more in wasted time than if I had just bought the set.  But it was a good experience for my first time trying to pull this together.  It's given me some good experience, because I'm planning on BL'ing a Grand Carousel next.

Finished building the Ewok Village (over 8 days).

post-30305-0-30013900-1393810589_thumb.j

Next week is the Black Pearl that I picked up this week at a true cost of $90*.

*I bought a used set at $90, built it, sold it for $166 after fees, bought a used Black Pearl and finally kept the difference.

• Like 4

Built the galaxy squad, bug obliterator with my daughter. Great build, great set design, top playability, nice minifigs. I am sold on these and very glad people passed them up. I will be getting more at 50% off. I plan to buy one each of the small ones to build with her. Got 3 galactic titans at 70% off. That was awesome.

Built some of the new super hero sets : captain vs hydra, batman vs penguin, and spidey vs electro. Mini figs are the stars of these small sets, although I like hydras tank. Penguin's robo penguins are fun and batman is cool in a scuba suit.

---Keep it secret. Keep it safe.---