What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I'm working on 10232 Palace Cinema. 

Really enjoying the build and just take my time for it.. Still busy with the 1st floor and already made 1 or 2 mistakes in placing the wrong color on the build could be I would need some :blind: glasses, a better lit room or the Lego downloaded manual is not that clear (downloaded so I can keep the original as clean as possible if I want to sell it in the future)

It's my first 'new' build after my dark ages.

I see how much the bricks have changed over the years, they are way more glossy than my 80's sets (or that could be because they are more played with :) ).

I somehow find the newer bricks feel cheaper than the bricks from the 70's / 80's anybody else having the same?

• Like 1

I'm working on 10232 Palace Cinema. 

Really enjoying the build and just take my time for it.. Still busy with the 1st floor and already made 1 or 2 mistakes in placing the wrong color on the build could be I would need some :blind: glasses, a better lit room or the Lego downloaded manual is not that clear (downloaded so I can keep the original as clean as possible if I want to sell it in the future)

It's the LEGO downloaded manual.  Drives me nuts.  I've been trying to build a couple different things with those manuals, and they are just awful.  I'm glad the directions are out there, but sometimes, I have to pull the inventory from Bricklink so I can figure out whether it's really calling for one color over another.  Dark greens look like blacks, grays look the same, etc.

• Like 1

It's the LEGO downloaded manual.  Drives me nuts.  I've been trying to build a couple different things with those manuals, and they are just awful.  I'm glad the directions are out there, but sometimes, I have to pull the inventory from Bricklink so I can figure out whether it's really calling for one color over another.  Dark greens look like blacks, grays look the same, etc.

You could just use the real manual. ;)

I understand why people do it, but honestly we all prefer to touch and feel the real Lego manuals while we're building. I also don't plan on selling any of the sets we open to build, so I don't mind if they are 100% minty.

• Like 1

I built the modular Pet Shop over the weekend, while in front of the TV.   I started with the apartment side on saturday evening, did the ground floor of the pet shop side on sunday afternoon, and finished the rest that evening.    A great build.

This was my third modular I've built, after starting in January with Grand Emporium, followed by Cafe Corner. 

I am definitely hooked on this series.

I understand why people do it, but honestly we all prefer to touch and feel the real Lego manuals while we're building. I also don't plan on selling any of the sets we open to build, so I don't mind if they are 100% minty.

That's if you have the real manual.  I know the poster I was responding to does, but when I'm BL'ing sets, I don't have the manual in front of me.

For instance, I'm going to build the Zombies, the Grand Carousel, and a couple other small sets.  I won't have the manuals in front of me to do it.

I did buy the manual for the Mini Modulars, because someone on BL was selling it for only $1 or so.  But, some of those others are a bit more costly.

Still busy with the 1st floor and already made 1 or 2 mistakes in placing the wrong color on the build could be I would need some :blind: glasses, a better lit room or the Lego downloaded manual is not that clear (downloaded so I can keep the original as clean as possible if I want to sell it in the future)

Lego really should offer instructions with a much better resolution and color depth than they do now. Honestly, I've messed up so many times because the image on the page was so compressed that I cannot tell what piece was used or the actual color it was. I find it strange how for some of the downloads, the instructions are very clear with a nice crisp picture and vivid colors yet other times for the most part they are typically very grainy with either very dark or bright shades in color.

Lego really should offer instructions with a much better resolution and color depth than they do now. Honestly, I've messed up so many times because the image on the page was so compressed that I cannot tell what piece was used or the actual color it was. I find it strange how for some of the downloads, the instructions are very clear with a nice crisp picture and vivid colors yet other times for the most part they are typically very grainy with either very dark or bright shades in color.

There's a site called letsbuilditagain.com that I I use for instructions, they tend have a better resolution on their instructions than the ones on lego.com, they don't have as many instructions available though.

There's a site called letsbuilditagain.com that I I use for instructions, they tend have a better resolution on their instructions than the ones on lego.com, they don't have as many instructions available though.

Ah, I didn't know about that one. Thank you. Before I would go to this site or World Bricks for instructions if either Lego didn't have them available or the download wouldn't work. I've downloaded plenty that said it was 'complete' but then I clicked on it and the system said the file was corrupted. :getlost:

I built the modular Pet Shop over the weekend, while in front of the TV.   I started with the apartment side on saturday evening, did the ground floor of the pet shop side on sunday afternoon, and finished the rest that evening.    A great build.

This was my third modular I've built, after starting in January with Grand Emporium, followed by Cafe Corner. 

I am definitely hooked on this series.

Agreed; PS is a great build. My close second to Green Grocer. Let me/us know which build you enjoy more: Cafe Corner (jealous) or Pet Shop.

I'm missing Cafe Corner, and will probably start BLing the pieces for it "for fun". 

Probably I will give 

Phew I really thought it were my eyes... :)

I might give this a try, the browns look like blacks and lighter browns like dark browns, it drives me crazy... 

Probably I will give 

Phew I really thought it were my eyes... :)

I might give this a try, the browns look like blacks and lighter browns like dark browns, it drives me crazy... 

Maybe it's my steadily declining eyesight, but I have real trouble discerning between the light/dark browns and the black/dark gray bricks in the original manuals. Building Orthanc and Bag End drove me craaaaaazy. Give me bright Friends colors any day.

• Like 1