What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Finished Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers...most frustrating set I've built in three years and possibly more.  The inconsistency with the colors in the instructions took a lot of the fun out of it for me.  They do look really great on display though.  Almost want to bring them into work and have them on my desk haha

My son wanted The Eiffel Tower (21019) as a reward for grades so we built that together yesterday and he's got it displayed in his room now, I was surprised when he asked for that one, I would have expected him to ask for some Star Wars sets. When we finished it he said he wanted to go see the real one, at least now I know his plan. I told him we'd talk about that after senior year (he's seven).

• Like 4

My son wanted The Eiffel Tower (21019) as a reward for grades so we built that together yesterday and he's got it displayed in his room now, I was surprised when he asked for that one, I would have expected him to ask for some Star Wars sets. When we finished it he said he wanted to go see the real one, at least now I know his plan. I told him we'd talk about that after senior year (he's seven).

If you didn't mention the 21019, I would have thought that you got him the 10181 Eiffel Tower.

My sister got married earlier today but first thing in the morning, I built the 4993 Cool Convertible (convertible build).  I picked this up from a CL lot last month and had to order 5-6 pieces from BrickLink.  It was a surprisingly detailed build - particularly with the "rag top".  This set makes a nice display piece for a mid sized set.

I will be sad to see it go but any sale price is all profit.

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush, 70400 Forest Ambush, and 70402 The Gatehouse Raid. I've been in a very 'castley' type of build mood. Haha. The Gatehouse Raid is a decent set. For example I like how you can rearrange the Gatehouse itself into different arrangements since the whole thing is built into three different sections with a somewhat 'modular' structure using technic pins. Get a couple of those and you could create an interesting rampart perhaps. Moving along, the expressions for the bad guys in these 2013 Castle sets are some of my favorites.

Dol Guldur Ambush is okay where the real reason to buy it is for the Gundabad Orcs with hair as those pieces are unique to the set. The build does look like a small bit of ruins but why the heck is there a hidden crotch rocket on the one side that opens up? Oh yeah like that makes perfect sense. Let's design an area of medieval ruins with swords, orcs, rocks, and.... oh, a hidden flick missile right at groin level with the minifigures. Brilliant!

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush, 70400 Forest Ambush, and 70402 The Gatehouse Raid. I've been in a very 'castley' type of build mood. Haha. The Gatehouse Raid is a decent set. For example I like how you can rearrange the Gatehouse itself into different arrangements since the whole thing is built into three different sections with a somewhat 'modular' structure using technic pins. Get a couple of those and you could create an interesting rampart perhaps. Moving along, the expressions for the bad guys in these 2013 Castle sets are some of my favorites.

Gatehouse Raid also adds on nicely to King's Castle. You could make a pretty awesome super-castle combination with two GHR and two KC.

Gatehouse Raid also adds on nicely to King's Castle. You could make a pretty awesome super-castle combination with two GHR and two KC.

Well I don't have the King's Castle so that's out of the question but I do have three of The Gatehouse Raid for starters. Plus most of The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings sets like Uruk-hai Army and Battle of Helm's Deep therefore I should be able to come up with my own fortress of a sort. I also have been toying around the idea of designing a medieval modular where it would actually fit into the system of the other modulars.

Dol Guldur Ambush is okay where the real reason to buy it is for the Gundabad Orcs with hair as those pieces are unique to the set. The build does look like a small bit of ruins but why the heck is there a hidden crotch rocket on the one side that opens up? Oh yeah like that makes perfect sense. Let's design an area of medieval ruins with swords, orcs, rocks, and.... oh, a hidden flick missile right at groin level with the minifigures. Brilliant!

Same reason they added the same type of crotch rocket on MEA and Weathertop.

Lego marketing team: "Yo kids I heard you like to flick missiles so I put a flick missile in your castle so you can flick while you castle." (xzibit was interning at the time)

• Like 3

Perhaps a little redundant posting what I built here after doing so somewhat in the "Number of sealed bags" topic but here goes anyhow. 60041 Crook Pursuit and 70401 Gold Getaway. Gold Getaway was a nice quick set to put together. The tiny outpost is nothing more than that but the flick missile crossbow is slick and the bad guy's wagon is cool too. I am so glad the tiny 'lock' brick is actually printed instead of being a sticker.

Now Crook Pursuit.... ah, who am I kidding? It wasn't a 'build'; there was nothing to build really. Two characters, a few pieces barely, that's it. You're done. Still it is about the cheapest way of acquiring the motorcycle in white although chances are you already have it from the many other Police sets and the four medium dark flesh (I say 'nougat') masonry bricks. I do like the characters though. The policeman has back torso printing if you're curious.

Just built the new Technic Champion Black Racer. Nice little set.

I thought the pull back sets were kind of stupid but I have to say I really like them now. 

What I hate is that both the last two lines required you to buy both AGAIN to put together one B build for the two of them. Pretty disappointing considering its the same size.

I honestly usually like B builds, but those just aren't that great.

I dug out my City Hall from the Town Plan set that was released in '10. Great build, but just a little too plain on the inside for me. Will be ordering dark green bricks to close off the back. May also dig out the service station but it was my least favorite of the 3 color scheme-wise, I just don't like the pairing of white, red, and green, but if I do revisit it I will remake it in a white and blue color scheme. But other than that it is my second favorite built wise, even though all three are not a dull build at all.

8093 Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter and 70806 Castle Cavalry. I absolutely love the shape and coloring of the Starfighter which was why I wanted it in the first place when it was available but I think the original $25 price tag kept shying me away. Anyway, it is pretty cool and does look the part. If there was a negative aside from the suggested price in the design, it's the large mast used as the tail wing. It works but the trade-off is two large gaps on either side of it which isn't that nice to look at but still the whole thing is pretty dang sweet.

With Castle Cavalry, I only had a chance to build the alternate gatehouse model. It looks like I have enough parts leftover to construct the Micro Manager but that will have to wait. I'm not sure I want to build the main flying design because that means I would have to take apart the gatehouse I just built which is real nice looking in my opinion and I have been in a very 'castley' mood as of late with big plans for all those medieval type sets. :shifty:

Moving along, I really enjoyed putting these two together especially Castle Cavalry. I think I may even want another Castle Cavalry just for the heck of it but then again I think I was planning on doing that anyway. Ha.

I put together something little in the way of 9469 Gandalf Arrives. It's very small to say the least and tricky trying to get a few pieces on the side walls to align perfectly but altogether a nice compact set that can fit into any medieval setting.

Another quickie with 9483 Agent Mater's Escape. The builds of the cars themselves are cute but seem funny in size by comparison when beside a minifigure. It's amazing how there was not a single sticker at all in this originally retailed $15 set when I remember opening the significantly larger $180 Haunted House and that had stickers. In either case, I love sand green bricks.