What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

My sons 9th birthday so we built Highway speedster, Grand Prix truck, Umbrian Mobile Heavy Cannon, Spider droid, and the new droid ship. Lot's of fun. The droid ship has good play-ability and is pretty solid. I'm still new to building lego but it also had several pieces I've never seen. The spider droid and Umbrian cannon are awkward to play with but my son loves the spring loaded missile on the cannon. All in all it was a fun day.

• Like 1

Finished building my 10227 UCS B-Wing last night.  I'm pretty impressed by it, it's huge and nicely detailed.  I've read a lot of negative reviews about it, and I'm glad I didn't let them dissuade me from buying this.  One of the common complaints is that it's unstable, I find it to be opposite.  It feels very solid in hand.  The back of the cockpit does come off easily, but that's the only weak point of the model.

Not sure where I'm going to put this thing, I'll have to clear out a large swath of shelf space to fit it.

• Like 3

31009 - Small Cottage. Well, I built the main model, then the alternate Skater's House, and finally the Windmill. All designs are small and the assortment of bricks is limited though varied but I do like the colors and ideas overall. In a way the whole thing reminds me of the classic Town housing. The main model is simply the best as usual using all the pieces plus features a sliding glass door on one side which is my favorite detail. The Skater's House is decent too although noticeably smaller than the main model leaving a handful of unused parts laying around but nevertheless still a fun build. The Windmill is the one I cared the least about honestly. Quite a few pieces seemed to be tossed in there for good measure and the area of the abode takes even less space than the Skater's House but then again there is a certain classic Town charm about it.

Anyway, for anyone familiar with what I did to my three Log Cabins then you probably already have an idea as to my plans with the Small Cottage. :shifty:

I haven't build much lately but I did built the Red Cargo Train a few weeks ago. I bought two of them initially for investment. But looking at the (to me) very appealing box-design it was just telling me: "build me, build me, build me". So I cracked open the seals and started. I did not regret this! What a wonderful set! It makes me looking forward to autumn when we finally move to a bigger house so I rebuild my city and integrate this one. I like the locomotive cause it is brickbuild. Also the wagon are very nice. When I finally had it running my son was emazed. He was just sitting and watching the train go by. I am expecting nice building and playing times with my son in the future. :clapping:

I built the Pet Shop over the last two nights.  I purchased this on ebay for $125used and it was shipped partially built (it was missing 4 pieces that I have in my bulk pieces).  After disassembling/reassembling it, I really like the townhouse build and would like to get more to build row housing but the pet store side was a little odd and not very sturdy in one or two places. 

I don't think that the Pet Shop displays as well as the other modular buildings, it really needs its own row of 2:1 buildings to look fantastic (more pet shops here I come)

While I was finishing up sorting out non Lego from a big pile of used bricks I absentmindedly started putting a few together, when I looked down I had about half of this set done so I finished it up from memory. Two things come to mind, first, I think I've built this a few too many times and; second, too bad no one on Bricklink has any name plates for sale at the moment.

post-30202-0-97824400-1403128163_thumb.j

79002 - Attack of the Wargs. First off, the wargs are freakin' awesome! They look so fantastically wicked and their jaw has two spots it clicks into (closed or open). From the front they remind me a little of the Terror Dogs from Ghostbusters. :scare: The rock formation appears lackluster on the box but it actually is neat in a way when built especially if you have a warg standing there howling at the moon. Haha. Moving along, the really big tree that is the focal point of the set is, well, ....a really big tree. Now it is a rather large brick built tree that is very sturdy, features a lot of foliage, and you can twist the two middle sections around allowing for customization.

My only complaints would be the tiny catapult made from the rocks that barely works at all and the play features on the tree that either make burning embers or the blue things that are supposed to represent the exploding pinecones fall is just weird. Oh yeah, and Yazneg looks like a wrinkly old man of an orc which is actually kind of funny. :rofl: He is kind of cool though still.

79002 - Attack of the Wargs. First off, the wargs are freakin' awesome! They look so fantastically wicked and their jaw has two spots it clicks into (closed or open). From the front they remind me a little of the Terror Dogs from Ghostbusters. :scare: The rock formation appears lackluster on the box but it actually is neat in a way when built especially if you have a warg standing there howling at the moon. Haha. Moving along, the really big tree that is the focal point of the set is, well, ....a really big tree. Now it is a rather large brick built tree that is very sturdy, features a lot of foliage, and you can twist the two middle sections around allowing for customization.

Geez...yet another set I think I'll have to pick up for the Halloween Town.  You, sir, are a building machine!

Finally finished the first floor of GE last night with my son :)  Impressions are (first time building a modular):

• baseplate was underwhelming at first...wondered, does the GRAND emporium really fit on this?! 
  • the 4 pillars/post on the exterior took waaay more pieces than I thought haha
  • whom ever designed the cash register is a genius!!  So little bricks for a great build
  • thumbs up for the shop sign and ice cream cart too...my son enjoyed finally attaching the elevator and moving/walking the minifigs up and down
  • $199 CAN seems expensive but after building only first floor, so much detail and great design I have to say it's worth it 

Look forward to starting 2'nd floor this weekend :)

79002 - Attack of the Wargs. First off, the wargs are freakin' awesome! They look so fantastically wicked and their jaw has two spots it clicks into (closed or open). From the front they remind me a little of the Terror Dogs from Ghostbusters. :scare:The rock formation appears lackluster on the box but it actually is neat in a way when built especially if you have a warg standing there howling at the moon. Haha. Moving along, the really big tree that is the focal point of the set is, well, ....a really big tree. Now it is a rather large brick built tree that is very sturdy, features a lot of foliage, and you can twist the two middle sections around allowing for customization.

This is the only part of the set I still have built.  It has the white warg and Azog from DGB sitting on top.  Nice little desk paperweight.  I agree it's a nice little build.

9472 - Attack on Weathertop. Rather nicely compact design of the main build and I am particularly impressed by the curved wall effect on the back side that you don't see on the box anywhere which is absurd in my opinion. Here are a couple of images showing the back curved wall.

7311896486_ec36648a9f_z.jpg

7806508130_e7b6de3904_z.jpg

The inside is cramped but alright when opened up and there is a trapdoor on the top floor which is always fun. Ha. The Ringwraiths, of course, are the real attraction to the set. The horses are simply perfect in so many scenarios calling for an 'evil rider' and the Ringwraiths themselves are just fantastic especially the unique desolate capes. There is a small handful of dark green parts mixed in there with a tan bush piece so there are a number of generally rare parts to top the given selection of bricks off.

All in all, it is a nicely compact set with a few good play features except the flick missiles that have absolutely no reason to be there. Not a design flaw but the stairway pieces although look nice are a real 'spiteful woman' to get setup correctly and have them stay there. I think Lego should have made them with some 'teeth' on the bottom in the circle area of the part itself so that they could actually connect with each other and allow for precise adjustments instead of now where they seem to just slide around any which way they please.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

had another mixel contest here at home. here's my fav out of the three I made, other two are in gallery 

edit opps that failed ok well they're in my gallery. anywho got off work early pizza beer and mixels, today was a good day

had another mixel contest here at home. here's my fav out of the three I made, other two are in gallery 

edit opps that failed ok well they're in my gallery. anywho got off work early pizza beer and mixels, today was a good day

Pizza, beer and Mixels. Lego should use that in their advertising.

It'd be great if mods moving stuff around would at lest let you know where things go so when I try to tell someone they can see the pic at this <link> it doesn't end up as a dead link, kind of like a courtesy thing like breaking into someone's car to move it a few feet forward when they parked next to a fire hydrant sort of feeling

It'd be great if mods moving stuff around would at lest let you know where things go so when I try to tell someone they can see the pic at this it doesn't end up as a dead link, kind of like a courtesy thing like breaking into someone's car to move it a few feet forward when they parked next to a fire hydrant sort of feeling

It would be nice, but I see why they don't do it. It would just be a lot of extra work and considering how nice the mods are I see no reason to complain on my part.

Finally finished Ferrari Enzo 8653. Bought it second hand dirt cheap, but pieces missing. Had to bricklink more pieces than expected. Difficult build with instruction manual on ipad. Still missing 1 piece. Final model is beautifull. Ready for my next build! post-14811-14034452082456_thumb.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

• Like 1

I built the mystery box this weekend.  The mystery box could be anything, it could even be a boat.

Turns out that it actually was a boat :)

10210 is an impressive build, has great details and it displays well (I am missing two brown technic barrels for a sail, but those are easy to replace).  The organ was a nice addition and I really appreciate that the galley and cannon areas were designed to be detachable in the same manner that the floors of a modular building are.

This is a build that really comes together nicely and at 30" by 24", it takes up a lot of space.

A great buy, especially at $160 under the BP price :)

post-30305-0-71144600-1403500653_thumb.j

post-30305-0-97510600-1403500686_thumb.j

• Like 6

79007 - Battle at the Black Gate. I've been a little excited to build this one for a while and it is kind of cool when complete. Not a whole lot to say considering it is, well, a big wall of darkness. Outside of Blacktron, I don't remember seeing so many black pieces in a single set anymore. It's rather on the 'artsy' side of builds in my opinion with a bunch of little details spackled all around and there is a door that opens upward like a garage at the base of the tower for whatever reason. The eagle is neat even if it can't pick up an orc with its talons in which case a brick built bird would be better suited for that. The wingspan is incredibly long that's for sure.

It's a decent set for the price but I feel like without a second tower at the other end, the gate isn't complete. I know they advertise getting a second set for that but honestly they could have simply added enough parts for a second tower in just the one and call it a day. Oh yeah, here is yet another one of those details you could not see on the box anywhere. Aragorn has a double sided cape with black on the outside and dark red on the inside.