What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Built 8781 Castle of Morcia. Interesting build:

1. It has a neat function where you can convert the castle from good guy to bad guy with a few flicks of some turntable-mounted bricks.

2. It doesn't fully utilize the third dimension of it's baseplate for any functions (disappointing)

3. It has some of Lego's royal blue color - a really slick color.

4. Since it's a Knight's Kingdoms II set, it has all four of the really trippy knights - monkey (green), bear (red), eagle (light blue), and wolf (purple).

post-9910-14056892496518_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

1. It has a neat function where you can convert the castle from good guy to bad guy with a few flicks of some turntable-mounted bricks.

2. It doesn't fully utilize the third dimension of it's baseplate for any functions (disappointing)

4. Since it's a Knight's Kingdoms II set, it has all four of the really trippy knights - monkey (green), bear (red), eagle (light blue), and wolf (purple).

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker1405689246.038426.jpg

Nice... This was my largest Lego set until a few years ago. Brought me hours of play, especially when combined with a few other Knights Kingdom sets I have. I agree that the baseplate was sort of a waste to include, since it doesn't really do much except form a little tunnel under the castle, which the scorpian car can drive through. Castle infiltration? ;)

Built a 4504 Millennium Falcon I bought off eBay. Was only missing two pieces and had a new sticker sheet. Fun build and I loved the details. My favorite part of the set is the box, which was in great shape. They sure don't make them like that anymore. I wanted the 7965 but might pass. This one is good enough for me.

Dude, you should totally do a pictorial review on that set. I can't even find a good one on the net.

over the past few weeks i've built 7181, 10212, & 10175...

i would like to thank some fellow BP members for helping me track down some good deals on these sets :victory:

Oh man! I loooove the 10212, it's one of my faves!!!!! If somebody can find me a decent deal on that, and I can get the wife to ok it ;-) that would be greatly appreciated.

This is what gets built when I have spare bugger parts from an eradicator mech and clearance fire mechs sitting around.

20140719_082914.jpg

No one gets a free ride on this mech.  Whether you're harvested for your power in the pod batteries...

20140719_083151.jpg

...or wilfully integrate yourself into the bio-structure.

20140719_083052.jpg

I still want to swap out the 5-6 red elements (in the feet, others are a nice maroon) for black or grey at some point

• Like 2

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker1405909187.516596.jpg

I started college in 2002 but had to stop before I finished because of the cost. I got back in to school two years ago and graduated today. My wife was very sweet and drove all the way across town to get this (and a gift card) for me. Of course I had to build it as soon as I got home. :)

Congrats.

I started college in 2002 but had to stop before I finished because of the cost. I got back in to school two years ago and graduated today. My wife was very sweet and drove all the way across town to get this (and a gift card) for me. Of course I had to build it as soon as I got home. :)

Congratulations. Man I wish Lego had a set like that out back when I graduated in ....uh ....wait, when the heck did I graduate?

Congrats Two27.  I want to buy and build the Grand Prix too...can't decide between buying now at 20% off or waiting until Aug and buying from LEGO Shop at Home with some other things to get the polybag/vip pts.  hmmmm. 

Just finished the Petshop with my son yesterday.  Really fun build and like the little details inside and outside.  Lego did a great job.  I actually like the build more than the GE which was the first to catch my eye.  So we just have 2 modular done now...up next might be the FB we got in a trade from a friendly/generous Canadian BP member.  Have to wait for at least 2x vip points to get the Parisian Restaurant, Cinema, and TH :)  Hoping Lego releases another modular building this fall too.